The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Quality Images and Videos (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Cool Weapons (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=22030)

Griff 01-12-2015 09:00 PM

Nice! Who'd expect that?

xoxoxoBruce 01-13-2015 02:14 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Psst.. wanna buy a bent gun? The Taurus Curve is bent.
It's patented shape is to conform to your body, when you wear it with just a clip on your belt. No holster is the reason for the huge trigger guard, which also houses a laser and white lights. Only in .380 though.

Gravdigr 01-13-2015 01:18 PM

I saw this thing the other day.

Gimmick/POS

In 6 months nobody will have ever heard of this thing.

Might as well say Edsel on the side.

I mean a curved grip?! You'll have to learn to shoot all over again. And what will getting used to this thing do to your shooting ability when you grab a real (straight grip) gun again. No sights, it appears, accuracy is gonna suck anyway, unless your the rare point shooter, and even then, you'll have to relearn how to hold the gun.

Maybe it's the greatest thing ever, what the hell do I know?

xoxoxoBruce 01-13-2015 02:55 PM

Gimmick for sure, something to add to the collection rather than replace anything.

I think it's strictly a gut gun. Somebody tries to rob/assault you, although the laser may give them pause, probably better to wait and stick it in their gut... can't miss.

Besides, the chances of its curves matching yours are pretty slim... or in my case, fat. :vikingsmi

footfootfoot 01-13-2015 04:24 PM

And do the make a left handed version?

xoxoxoBruce 01-13-2015 05:17 PM

Hell no, those are the people we're guarding against. :p:

zippyt 01-13-2015 09:30 PM

All those Tiny .380s feel like toys to me , A ruger LCP ( i think ) is just to small for me to get a grip on , plus .380 aint so great ,Betterer than nothing ,

xoxoxoBruce 01-14-2015 12:33 AM

1 Attachment(s)
That's why I'd call it a gut gun.

No, that's not woodpeckers you hear. :headshake

xoxoxoBruce 01-23-2015 05:50 PM

We'll steam the huns...

Lamplighter 01-23-2015 06:05 PM

At least they thought ahead and brought along an ambulance and lots of H2O

But, that "gigantic" was impressive when it started to bog down in the round-about,
and it just hunkered down waiting for more steam, and a quiet
" I think I can ... I think I can ... --- I did it ... I did it... I did it"

A neat , fun video clip

xoxoxoBruce 01-24-2015 12:58 AM

1 Attachment(s)
More up to date... ;)

Scopulus Argentarius 01-24-2015 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zippyt (Post 919050)
All those Tiny .380s feel like toys to me , A ruger LCP ( i think ) is just to small for me to get a grip on , plus .380 aint so great ,Betterer than nothing ,

I like this guy's take on it...

Scopulus Argentarius 01-24-2015 10:47 AM

And this real but somewhat humorous take on the whole thing...

sexobon 01-24-2015 12:31 PM

I suppose I fall into the "greatest mystery in the world" category. I used to carry a locked & cocked Colt M1911 .45 while in military service (Spec. Ops. continued to use them even after the general transition to 9mm). My civilian choice is a traditional DA/SA S&W 5906 (SS) 9mm. For more discrete SOB carry it's a Walther PPK/S (SS) .380 using magazines with finger extensions. The S&W and Walther have similar actions and safety lever layouts so there's no transition in that respect.

I'm with the shot placement is paramount crowd. I take caliber and energy into consideration when selecting the tool best suited to the operational environment (e.g. bystanders, distances, intermediate barriers, ... etc.); but, not generally for stopping power. At least not until defense includes other types of animals.

Scopulus Argentarius 01-24-2015 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sexobon (Post 920121)
I suppose I fall into the "greatest mystery in the world" category. I used to carry a locked & cocked Colt M1911 .45 while in military service (Spec. Ops. continued to use them even after the general transition to 9mm). My civilian choice is a traditional DA/SA S&W 5906 (SS) 9mm. For more discrete SOB carry it's a Walther PPK/S (SS) .380 using magazines with finger extensions. The S&W and Walther have similar actions and safety lever layouts so there's no transition in that respect.

I'm with the shot placement is paramount crowd. I take caliber and energy into consideration when selecting the tool best suited to the operational environment (e.g. bystanders, distances, intermediate barriers, ... etc.); but, not generally for stopping power. At least not until defense includes other types of animals.

I could not agree with you more on your civilian choices.

When I carry discretely, it is usually a Bersa/Thunder .380.