The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's mildly irritating you today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=16569)

Treasenuak 10-23-2008 11:08 PM

Even as a new mom, I've noticed there's a difference between an angry scream and a HURT scream... and I can block out the angry/annoyed scream but the truly hurt scream has me dropping everything instinctively...

Juniper 10-23-2008 11:21 PM

ROFL my husband does that all the time. I don't know how many times I've opened the microwave and discovered something he put in there the night before.

@Treas --- Oh no, is everything OK?

Treasenuak 10-24-2008 09:20 AM

Oh yes. My daughter just seems to have a knack for falling into corners... furniture, walls, whatever. She's just learning how to walk. So I can ignore a "I'm frustrated 'cause I keep tipping over on my butt" scream, but her "I just whacked my face into the corner of the fridge" scream is a totally different sound and has me running for her before I realize I'm on my feet.

Sundae 10-24-2008 09:29 AM

Finally got my make up from eBay.
Not my wig though. They haven't even marked it as Payment Received yet, although I sent it a week ago, and they haven't replied to my message chasing it. I do have a whole week to go, but my experience tells me - slack in one thing, slack in all. Grrrrr.

My make up is also disappointing.
I bought it off eBay because it was cheaper than buying it from a shop, and also they seemed to have the colours I wanted - I wouldn't know where to find goth make-up in London, although of course I know it must be for sale.

But the colours weren't well represented.
The purple is much darker than pictured - I was expecting it to be violet. And the makeup is smashed, leaking purple powder all over the inside of the packaging. Again I've messaged them but no response.
The red is much lighter than expected, looking almost pink. It does come up red on the skin, but not dark colour I wanted.
And the lipstick is just... less. It looked like a very dark red, a real vampish colour, but is more like the sort of burgundy colour worn by Mums.

Sigh.
Never mind, I have it all now. Practice tonight.

Cicero 10-24-2008 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glatt (Post 496762)
Dude is probably starved for human contact and just goes to the coffee shop for an excuse to talk to people who have to interact with him because it's their job.

Yea, he's the maintenance guy and a regular. Even so, I think this theory might hold up. He did seem starved for attention, mine at least, because he kept interrupting what I was doing to get another word about it in. He could tell that I was slamming busy, as were the rest of the workers, and still insisted on getting his 2 cents in, in full.

I'm over it today. I obviously don't like handing out in-depth explanations, as he wasn't there to ask for them. He was there to fix a drain. I am sure he had developed a resentment against me for a couple of years without me even recognizing his face. Because that's how people are. People are whacky. They would rather make up a story line of your life than do so something so simple: introduce yourself and ask, if you are so curious!

dar512 10-24-2008 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Treasenuak (Post 497067)
Oh yes. My daughter just seems to have a knack for falling into corners... furniture, walls, whatever. She's just learning how to walk. So I can ignore a "I'm frustrated 'cause I keep tipping over on my butt" scream, but her "I just whacked my face into the corner of the fridge" scream is a totally different sound and has me running for her before I realize I'm on my feet.

Ever been shopping in a crowded store when a kid yells "Mom"? Every woman's head turns. Even those whose kids are obviously grown.

Treasenuak 10-24-2008 10:38 AM

My child can't even talk yet, and my head still turns when I hear some random child yell for his mom... eerie... :P

SteveDallas 10-24-2008 11:44 AM

In a workplace, some people make decisions about what other people will or will not be allowed to do. A different set of people may be charged with implementing these decisions.

For example, maybe the president decides who's entitled to a master key. But there is likely another employee who will actually cut the keys, or send out for a locksmith, or whatever.

Well guess what? If you didn't get a master key, complaining to the locksmith isn't going to get you one. The only thing it does is annoy the hell out of the locksmith.

Cicero 10-24-2008 11:52 AM

Are you responding to my post Sleeve?

Well in case you were, the half assed contractor that comes by irregularly has nothing to do with my job whatsoever. He holds no keys. Unless it's to his van.

Juniper 10-24-2008 11:52 AM

I can usually tell my own kids' "Moooooom!" But not always. Drives me crazy!

Cicero 10-24-2008 12:00 PM

Now I feel even more fucking insulted. kthx.

Juniper 10-24-2008 12:13 PM

Why?

Cicero 10-24-2008 12:16 PM

Because my complaints don't belong here apparently, with everyone elses. Kind of like how I don't belong at work with other people either. Maybe I should go back to being a dishwasher at denny's and save my complaints for the fucking management there.

Breathe* ok over it.

SteveDallas 10-24-2008 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cicero (Post 497146)
Are you responding to my post Sleeve?

Nope, I was after my own cow-orkers. (You can consider me the locksmith in the allegory I posted.)

Cicero 10-24-2008 12:21 PM

Well don't I look like an ass? :) oh wait that's because...Srry sleeve. I am requesting that you forgive my ignorance.