The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Home Base (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Humor...I Need Humor... (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=4788)

Gravdigr 08-23-2010 03:24 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Lamplighter 08-23-2010 10:07 AM

Cast of characters:

Computer: xoxoxoBruce
Monitor: UnderToad
Mouse: Wolf
Keyboard: LumberJim
Printer: ? ? ?

(No evil intended)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravdigr (Post 678164)
Computer:Monitor, display this document, ok?

Monitor: No prob, boss.

Computer: OK, now it looks like Mouse is moving around so, Monitor, will you move the pointer icon accordingly?

Monitor: Anything you ask, boss.

Computer: Great, great. OK, Mouse, where are you going now?

Mouse: Over to the icon panel, sir.

Computer: Hmm, Let me know if he clicks anything, OK?

Mouse: Of course.

Keyboard: Sir, he's pressed control and P simultaneously.

Monitor: Oh God, here we go.

Computer: *sighs* Printer, are you there?

Printer: No.

Computer: Please, Printer. I know you're there.

Printer: NO! I'm not here! Leave me alone!

Computer: Jesus. OK look, you really ne...

Mouse: Sir, he's clicked on the printer icon.

Computer: Printer, now you have to print it twice.

Printer: NO! NO! NO! I don't want to! I hate you! I hate printing! I'm turning off!

Computer: Printer, you know you can't turn yourself off. Just print the document twice and we'll leave you alone.

Printer: NO! That's what you always say! I hate you! I'm out of ink!

Computer: You're not out of in...

Printer: I'M OUT OF INK!

Computer: *Sighs* Monitor, please show a low ink level alert.

Monitor: But sir, he has plen...

Computer: Just do it, damn it!

Monitor: Yes sir.

Keyboard: AHHH! He's hitting me!

Computer: Stay calm, he'll stop soon. Stay calm, old friend.

Keyboard: He's pressing everything. Oh god, I don't know, he's just pressing everything!

Computer: PRINTER! Are you happy now?! Do you see what you've done?!

Printer: HA! that's what you get for trying to get me to do work. Next time he...hey...HEY! He's trying to open me! HELP! HELP! Oh my god! He's torn out my cartridge! HELP! Please! ERROR!

Monitor: Sir, maybe we should help him?

Computer: No. He did this to himself.

:yelsick:

classicman 08-23-2010 10:51 AM

I'll be the person banging on the keyboard .... wouldn't be the first time. :p:

squirell nutkin 08-23-2010 11:17 AM

SteveDallas 08-23-2010 11:55 AM

My favorite was the eyeball flopping around on the optic nerve.

Gravdigr, that was excellent. I've always said I'd rather troubleshoot/fix 20 computers than one printer.

GunMaster357 08-23-2010 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by classicman (Post 678241)

I'm probably one you're ranting about....

Yes, Im a computer programmer...

And proud of it! ;)

classicman 08-23-2010 03:24 PM

I have no issues with programmers. :headshake
Just the printer that works only when it feels like it. Pretty much as described above.

GunMaster357 08-23-2010 03:53 PM

I do have issue with printers too...

Or may be with the guys who devellop the printer drivers...

Why can't they come up with printers that have the same margins (top, left, right, bottom)?

Nearly every time I create a report, the costumer is unhappy because it doesn't print right.

SteveDallas 08-23-2010 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GunMaster357 (Post 678294)
Why can't they come up with printers that have the same margins (top, left, right, bottom)?

How 'bout they just WRITE A FUCKING PRINTER DRIVER??

It seems obvious that more time is spent on things like checking how much ink is left in the printer and giving you a handy menu so you can click whether you need to print a photo, or a powerpoint presentation, or an email, etc. than is spent making sure you can actually send stuff out to the printer.

It's almost enough to make me nostalgic for the bad old days of the Epson ESC codes. At least you could tell exactly how things were fucked up.

Lamplighter 08-23-2010 05:03 PM

Talk about nostalgia...

MS Word 5.0 back in the early days was about 100k and just about as good as the current version.
No bells-n-whistles, but a easy-to-use word processor.

But then, things were always better back in the dark recesses of my mind.

Sheldonrs 08-23-2010 05:39 PM

Quote:

I'll be the person getting banged on the keyboard .... wouldn't be the first time. :p:

There. Now it seems more plausible.

;)

classicman 08-23-2010 06:13 PM

Awe Shel. I never knew you cared.

xoxoxoBruce 08-23-2010 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lamplighter (Post 678310)
Talk about nostalgia...

MS Word 5.0 back in the early days was about 100k and just about as good as the current version.
No bells-n-whistles, but a easy-to-use word processor.

But then, things were always better back in the dark recesses of my mind.

I was using open office, but it drove me crazy, trying to do what I didn't want to do. Then I found TinyWord, it's wonderful and free. :D

lookout123 08-23-2010 07:06 PM

Quote:

The bed, the couch, even the floor are all probably more comfortable locations for your banging needs.

squirell nutkin 08-23-2010 09:56 PM

http://www.comedycentral.com/tosh.0/...elf-destructs/

gets good about 30 seconds in

Scriveyn 08-24-2010 01:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GunMaster357 (Post 678294)
... Nearly every time I create a report, the costumer is unhappy because it doesn't print right.

Well, artists can be difficult to please :D

I had trouble with my printer for months. Eventually, when I replaced the USB cable, all the troubles were gone :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce (Post 678313)
... it drove me crazy, trying to do what I didn't want to do. ...

I hate software that is trying to guess what I want to do - especially MS WORD and EXCEL. It takes forever to turn off all the automatic formatting/replacing options and even then there are some nauseating "features" left. Gets worse with each new version.

Oh, and I'm a programmer too. :p:

Flint 08-24-2010 11:27 AM

Since MS Word replaced the WYSIWYG interface to create headers with an "easier" and "better" menu of canned options, it now takes me about half an hour to figure out how to create a headers as extravagant as the title centered at the top of the page and the page number right justified. Once they start making it "easier" it becomes impossible.

Clodfobble 08-26-2010 11:08 PM

Let me state for the record, a bunch of poor Chilean miners being trapped underground for 2-4 months while they wait for rescue is not funny.

However, this MSNBC article about said miners has been absolutely cracking me up this evening. Scroll down to the bottom (you may have to click "show more text" to see the whole article first) and find the section where they display all the miners' photos, including little personal blurbs about each one underneath. I don't know who wrote these things, but some of them are very, very weird:

Quote:

Yonni Barrios
Marital status: Married
Driller. Wife has urged him to find different job after 25 years in mines.
Quote:

Juan Illanes
Spends free time with his wife. Has a son.
Quote:

Claudio Yanez
Marital status: Single
Supplemented mine pay with other jobs on days off.
Quote:

Ariel Ticona
Wife is six months' pregnant with his third child. Family says he likes parties.
And, you can filter the list by age range... in case you're only interested in the weird personal details of trapped miners who are 19-29 years old?

xoxoxoBruce 08-27-2010 12:21 AM

Quote:

Trapped miners need to watch their waistlines.
Quote:

Each miner trapped in that Chile mine must have a waistline smaller than 35 inches in order to escape through the mine shaft. NBC's Brian Williams reports.
Uh yeah, those guys trapped in the mine, better cut down on the partying and banquets. :rolleyes:

Clodfobble 08-27-2010 09:16 AM

That's what they were trying to warn everyone about, that one miner "likes parties"...

squirell nutkin 08-27-2010 09:32 AM

"Doesn't much matter to me what you wear, just gonna be the two of us..."

BigV 08-27-2010 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by squirell nutkin (Post 678862)

Please tell the whole joke!

Pete Zicato 08-27-2010 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigV (Post 678962)
Please tell the whole joke!

That would spoil its use as an oblique/obscure reference. How, then, would we be able to tell the outsiders? :D

BigV 08-27-2010 11:20 PM

There is me, and you're all outsiders.

minus the ones that live in my head of course.

BigV 08-27-2010 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete Zicato (Post 678976)
That would spoil its use as an oblique/obscure reference. How, then, would we be able to tell the outsiders? :D

Or, we could just use a numeric system:

A man is sent to prison for the first time. At night, the lights in the cell block are turned off, and his cellmate goes over to the bars and yells, "Number twelve!" The whole cell block breaks out laughing. A few minutes later, somebody else in the cell block yells, "Number four!" Again, the whole cell block breaks out laughing.

The new guy asks his cellmate what's going on. "Well," says the older prisoner, "we've all been in this here prison for so long, we all know the same jokes. So we just yell out the number instead of saying the whole joke."

So the new guy walks up to the bars and yells, "Number six!" There was dead silence in the cell block. He asks the older prisoner, "What's wrong? Why didn't I get any laughs?"

"Well," said the older man, "sometimes it's not the joke, but how you tell it."

BrianR 08-28-2010 09:11 AM

A plane crashed in the middle of rural Wisconsin . Panic stricken, the local sheriff mobilized and descended on the farm in force. When they got there,
the disaster was clear.

The aircraft was totally destroyed with only a burned hulk left smoldering in a tree

line that bordered a farm. The sheriff and his men entered the smoking mess but could find no remains of anyone.

They spotted a lone farmer plowing a field not too far away as if nothing had happened. They hurried over to the man's tractor.

"Hank," the sheriff yelled, panting and out of breath. "Did you see this terrible accident happen?".

"Yep. Sure did." the farmer mumbled unconcernedly, cutting off the tractor's engine.

"Do you realize that is the airplane of the President of the United States ?"

"Yep."

"Were there any survivors?"

"Nope. They's all kilt straight out," the farmer answered. "I done buried them all myself. Took me most of the morning.."

"President Obama is dead?" the sheriff shouted.

"Well," the farmer grumbled, restarting his tractor. "He kept a-saying he wasn't ... But you know how bad that sumbitch lies."

spudcon 08-28-2010 05:22 PM

A couple living in a small Appalachian village take on an 18-year-old girl as a lodger. She asked if she could have a bath but the woman of the house told her they didn't have a bathroom as such but she could use a tin bath in
front of the fire.

"Monday's the best night, when my husband goes out to bowl," the woman said. So the young girl agreed to have a bath the following Monday night.

After her husband had gone off for his bowling tournament, the woman filled the bath and watched as the girl got undressed.

She was surprised to see that the young lass didn't have any pubic hair and told her husband when he came home. He didn't believe her, so she said, "Next week, when you go off to bowl, I'll leave a little gap in the curtains
so that you can see for yourself, alright?"

The following Monday night, while the girl got undressed for her bath, the wife asked her, "Do you shave down there?"

"No," replied the girl, "I've just never grown any hairs down there. Do you have hairs on yours?"

"Oh, yes," said the woman and she showed the girl her very hairy muff.

After the girl had gone to bed the husband came home and the wife asked, "Did you see it?"

"Yes," he said, "but why the hell did you have to show her yours?"

"Why not?" she said, "You've seen it before.

"I know," he replied, "but the bowling team hadn't!"

GunMaster357 09-01-2010 09:36 AM

One afternoon in a beginners sky diving class, the students sat attentively as the instructor lectured. During class he would take time to answer any of the student's stupid "First Timer Questions". One guy asked:

"If our chute doesn't open... and the reserve doesn't open, how long dowe have 'til we hit the ground?"

The jump master looked at him and in perfect deadpan answered: "The rest of your life."

Gravdigr 09-01-2010 05:10 PM

GM357, that "the rest of your life" bit reminded me of this.

"...all the way to the scene of the crash." Ah, Ron White slays me.

squirell nutkin 09-01-2010 10:12 PM

"I bet we beat the paramedics there by a half an hour."

classicman 09-01-2010 11:13 PM

you're a lawyer?!?!?!?! Since when?

spudcon 09-02-2010 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by squirell nutkin (Post 678862)

Remember the song "Timothy?"

BigV 09-02-2010 02:45 PM

You know the difference between erotic and kinky, don't you?

Erotic is using a feather. Kinky is using the whole chicken!

Gravdigr 09-02-2010 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spudcon (Post 680017)
Remember the song "Timothy?"

Timmah??

Sheldonrs 09-02-2010 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigV (Post 680120)
You know the difference between erotic and kinky, don't you?

Erotic is using a feather. Kinky is using the chicken's hole!

Fixed it for ya.

BigV 09-02-2010 05:27 PM

true....

but not exclusively so.

there's a lot you can do with a cock that doesn't require a hole.

But that's another thread entirely.

Nirvana 09-02-2010 06:11 PM

Here's a truly heartwarming story about the bond formed between a little 5-year-old girl and some construction workers that will make you believe that we all can make a difference when we give a child the gift of our time.

A young family moved into a house, next to a vacant lot. One day, a construction crew turned up to start building a house on the empty lot. The young family's 5-year-old daughter naturally took an interest in all the activity going on next door and spent much of each day observing the workers. Eventually the construction crew, all of them "gems-in-the-rough," more or less, adopted her as a kind of project mascot. They chatted with her, let her sit with them while they had coffee and lunch breaks, and gave her little jobs to do here and there to make her feel important.

At the end of the first week, they even presented her with a pay envelope containing ten dollars. The little girl took this home to her mother who suggested that she take her ten dollars "pay" she'd received to the bank the next day to start a savings account.

When the girl and her mom got to the bank, the teller was equally impressed and asked the little girl how she had come by her very own pay check at such a young age. The little girl proudly replied, "I worked last week with a real construction crew building the new house next door to us." "Oh my goodness gracious," said the teller, "and will you be working on the house again this week too?" The little girl replied, "I will, if those assholes at Home Depot ever deliver the fucking sheet rock..."

The End

GunMaster357 09-03-2010 09:15 AM

A woman went to her doctor for advice. She told the physician that her husband had developed a penchant for anal sex, and she wasn't sure it was such a good idea.

The Doctor asked, "Do you enjoy it?"

She said that she did.

He asked, "Does it hurt you?" She said no.

The Doctor then told her, "Well, then, there's no reason that you shouldn't practice anal sex, if that's what you like, so long as you take care not to get pregnant." The woman was mystified.

She asked, "You can get pregnant from anal sex?"

The Doctor replied, "Of course. Where do you think lawyers come from?"

squirell nutkin 09-03-2010 10:26 AM

When the construction crew moved to their next jobsite there was a little boy who would come by and watch them working. One day he came home and asked his mom for a length of string. She handed him a length of string and he said "Help me snap a line."
"OK" she replied thinking it was cute that he was playing carpenter.
The little boy pulled the string taught and eyeballed the line.
"OK, mom mover it to the right just a cunt hair."
Shocked, his mother let go of the string, stood up and said,
"I most certainly will not do any such thing! Now you pick up that string and take it right to your room."
Dropping the string, the boy looked at her saying,
"Fuck if I will, that's a laborer's job"

toranokaze 09-04-2010 03:08 AM

A perfect jobsite picture

skysidhe 09-04-2010 09:33 AM

1 Attachment(s)
self-portrait

skysidhe 09-04-2010 09:57 AM

The Adventures of God

by Lev Novak on April 09, 2010

http://www.collegehumor.com/article:1803435

I
God: Noah, all the people of earth are sinners. You alone are righteous.
Noah: Thanks God. Long time fan, first time prophet.
God: So, I have decided to smite the entire world with a flood.
(pause)
Noah: Couldn’t you just teach man goodness?
God: No. I’m thinking “flood”.
Noah: So you’d rather just kill every-
God: What part of “flood” do you not understand?

II
God: Moses…I have seen the plight of the Jews in Egypt.
Moses: Wow. Only after, uh, 400 years there, right?
God: Yes.
Moses: Awesome.
God: I will take you out of Egypt after ten terrible, terrible plagues.
Moses: …ten?
God: Is there a problem?
Moses: It’s just…ten is a lot. For, you know, God. Couldn’t you get this done in like, two plagues max?
God: No. For you see Moses, I will harden Pharaoh’s heart against me.
Moses: So…you are going to stop him from letting us free from slavery.
Moses: So you can bring more terrible, terrible plagues upon the people.

Moses: And you see nothing wrong with this picture?

God: ...
Moses: Are there any other God’s up there I can talk to?

III

Mary: Did you send the child support?
God: Frankincense and myrrh. Yeah.
Mary Annnnnd?
God: (sighs). And gold. And the gold.
Mary: That’s better.

IV

Job: …
God: Well, this is awkward.

V

God: Abraham, you must circumcise yourself.
Abraham: As you wish, my lord.
God: Oh my Me. He’s totally going to do it.

monster 09-04-2010 10:49 AM

:lol:

^I know, lame comment, but I did laugh

squirell nutkin 09-04-2010 11:08 AM

Two hikers were in the woods when a distant grizzly bear spotted them and began to charge. one of the hikers frantically began to remove his boots and change into sneakers. His partner said "What are you doing? You'll never be able to out run that bear."
The hiker looked at his friend and said, "I don't have to out run the bear, I only have to out run you."

henzbelmont 09-04-2010 10:25 PM

If it is all about humor that people want, why not try saying something onhow Mayweather gave racist comments about a boxer he cannot pug. He said he was just having fun. Any comments on this?

xoxoxoBruce 09-05-2010 02:02 AM

Welcome to the Cellar, henzbelmont.
You forgot to include the punchline...
or you're in the wrong thread.

monster 09-05-2010 05:44 PM

A neutron walks in to a bar and orders a drink.

"How much?" he asks.

The bartender says "For you, no charge."

squirell nutkin 09-05-2010 06:04 PM

An atom said to his friend, "I think I lost an electron."
"Are you sure?" his friend asked.
"I'm positive."

SteveDallas 09-05-2010 10:19 PM

My friend told me I didn't understand irony. Which was ironic, because we were waiting in line at the movies.

toranokaze 09-06-2010 05:41 AM

now that is ironic

toranokaze 09-06-2010 05:43 AM

And this:

TheMercenary 09-08-2010 06:43 AM

When Jane initially met Tarzan in the jungle, she was attracted to him, And during her questions about his life , she asked him how he had sex?

'Tarzan not know sex' he replied.

Jane explained to him what sex was.

Tarzan said 'Oh,....Tarzan use knot hole in trunk of tree.'

Horrified Jane said, ' Tarzan you have it all wrong, but I will show you how to do it properly.'

She took off her clothing and laid down on the ground.

'Here' she said, pointing to her privates, 'you must put it in here.'

Tarzan removed his loin cloth, showing Jane his considerable manhood, stepped closer to her and kicked her in the crotch !

Jane rolled around in agony for what seemed like an eternity.

Eventually she managed to grasp for air and screamed ' What did you do that for ?'

Tarzan replied, 'Check for squirrel.'

plthijinx 09-08-2010 05:04 PM

might be a repeat but here goes:

At dawn the telephone rings, "Hello, Senor Rod? This is Ernesto, the caretaker at your country house."

"Ah yes, Ernesto. What can I do for you? Is there a problem?"

"Um, I am just calling to advise you, Senor Rod, that your parrot, he is dead."

"My parrot? Dead? The one that won the International competition?"

"Si, Senor, that's the one."

"Damn! That's a pity! I spent a small fortune on that bird. What did he die from?"

"From eating the rotten meat, Senor Rod."

"Rotten meat? Who the hell fed him rotten meat?"

"Nobody, Senor. He ate the meat of the dead horse."

"Dead horse? What dead horse?"

"The thoroughbred, Senor Rod."

"My prize thoroughbred is dead?"

"Yes, Senor Rod, he died from all that work pulling the water cart."

"Are you insane? What water cart?"

"The one we used to put out the fire, Senor."

"Good Lord! What fire are you talking about, man?"

"The one at your house, Senor! A candle fell and the curtains caught on fire."

"What the hell? Are you saying that my mansion is destroyed because of a candle?!"

"Yes, Senor Rod."

"But there's electricity at the house! What was the candle for?"

"For the funeral, Senor Rod."

"WHAT BLOODY FUNERAL??!!"

"Your wife's, Senor Rod". She came home very late one night and I thought she was a thief, so I hit her with your new Ping G15 204g titanium head golf club with the TFC 149D graphite shaft."

SILENCE........... LONG SILENCE.........VERY LONG SILENCE.

"Ernesto, if you broke that driver, you're in deep shit!!!"

GunMaster357 09-09-2010 04:33 AM

Q: What's the definition of a will?

A: It's a dead giveaway.

skysidhe 09-09-2010 07:40 PM

Mass Media Theory vs Reality

1 Attachment(s)
The creator forgot social networking sites.

classicman 09-09-2010 08:25 PM

excellent!

monster 09-09-2010 09:37 PM

just found this, made me laugh. Probably staged, but who cares....

classicman 09-13-2010 08:46 PM

Next time you think your hotel bill is too high you might want to consider this:

My wife and I are traveling by car from Victoria to Prince George .
Being Seniors, after almost eleven hours on the road, we were too tired to continue,
and decided to take a room. But, we only planned to sleep for 4 hours and then get
back on the road.
When we checked out 4 hours later, the desk clerk handed us a bill for $350.00.

I exploded and demanded to know why the charge was so high.
I told the clerk although it's a nice hotel, the rooms certainly aren't worth $350.00 for 4 hours.
Then the clerk tells me that $350.00 is the "standard rate". I insisted on speaking to the Manager.

The Manager appears, listens to me, and then explains that the hotel has an
Olympic-sized pool and a huge conference centre that were available for us to use.

"But we didn't use them," I said.

''Well, they are here, and you could have," explained the Manager.

He went on to explain that we could also have taken in one of the shows
for which the hotel is famous. "We have the best entertainers from New York ,
Hollywood , and Las Vegas perform here," the Manager says.

"But we didn't go to any of those shows," I said.

"Well, we have them, and you could have," the Manager replied.

No matter what amenity the Manager mentioned, I replied, "But we didn't use it!"

The Manager is unmoved, and eventually I gave up and agreed to pay.

I wrote a check and gave it to the Manager.

The Manager is surprised when he looks at the cheque. "But sir, this cheque is only made out for $50.00."

''That's correct. I charged you $300.00 for sleeping with my wife," I replied.

"But I didn't!" exclaims the Manager.

I said, "Well, too bad, she was here, and you could have."

skysidhe 09-18-2010 08:31 AM

1 Attachment(s)
An irreverent poke in the eye. I thought it was funny in a tongue and cheek kind of way.

Nirvana 09-20-2010 12:06 PM

Mother of all Jihadist Jokes

Two Middle East mothers are sitting in a cafe chatting over a plate of tabouli and a pint of goat's milk.

The older of the two pulls a bag out of her purse and starts flipping through photos. They start reminiscing.

''This is my oldest son, Mujibar. He would have been 24 years old now.''

''Yes, I remember him as a baby'' says the other mother cheerfully.

"He's a martyr now though" the mother confides.

"Oh, so sad dear'' says the other.

''And this is my second son, Khalid. He would have been 21.''

''Oh, I remember him,'' says the other happily,
''he had such curly hair when he was born.''

''He's a martyr too'' says the mother quietly.

''Oh, gracious me . . . '' says the other.

''And this is my third son. My baby. My beautiful Ahmed.
He would have been 18'', she whispers.

"Yes" says the friend enthusiastically, ''I remember when he first started school''

''He's a martyr also,'' says the mother, with tears in her eyes.

After a pause and a deep sigh, the second Muslim mother looks wistfully at the photographs and, searching for the right words, says . . .

"They blow up so fast, don't they?"