The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's upsetting you today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=14114)

glatt 09-10-2013 10:37 AM

I hope things get better for you, Shawnee. Sorry they are bad now.

infinite monkey 09-10-2013 10:39 AM

Oh, they will get better. There ain't nothing to it.

But I do thank you glatt for being you. You're the best person here, imho.

limey 09-10-2013 10:47 AM

Infi - I'm sorry you're having such a hard time. Effexor withdrawal is certainly teh suxxor. How dreadful to have to suffer that at a time like this. Hugs xxx

infinite monkey 09-10-2013 10:51 AM

thanks limey.

I'm sorry I'm so angry. Effexor withdrawal is really awful. I thoguht I coudl do it, stay home and get through it somehow. But I can't stay home because I need to be helping.

So I'm sorry folks, I'm a total mess; suddenly I'm the 'strong one' who would've thunk and I am barely capable of taking mcare of me. And I am truly in a bad bad spot. I wouldn't wish thsi on anyone. :(

limey 09-10-2013 11:03 AM

I hope you can find some support (and hugs) locally, infi. x

DanaC 09-10-2013 11:38 AM

God, Inf. Sounds like a nightmare. Wish there was something I could do to help/ Alls I got is a virtual hug *hug*.

fargon 09-10-2013 11:46 AM

HUG!!!

Chocolatl 09-10-2013 01:44 PM

Your poor dad, Sundae. :(

Many hugs for you, infi. I'm sorry you're going through so much simultaneously.

DanaC 09-10-2013 02:27 PM

@ Sundae: sorry, honey hadn't seen your posting about your dad til now. What a bastard having that journey either side of the hospital.

Hopefully now they've got a firm(er) diagnosis they'll be able to get him on better meds and you'll see an improvement.

*hugs*

(Carrot was going to give you a nibbly kiss, but he saw Diz and got distracted :p)

orthodoc 09-10-2013 06:08 PM

@Sundae ... I'm sorry to hear about how things have gone with your Dad. Steroids won't help any of that ... and Parkinson's can be very difficult to pin down. I'm just sorry you and he and your Mum have to endure all the bus trips and runaround, and sorry that things are going poorly. Hugs.

@Infi ... I'm very sorry to hear that your mother isn't doing well, and you're enduring Effexor withdrawal ... not to be wished on anyone. I don't have access to personal Internet time during the day, so I'm sorry to be late with this ... but do wish you better things on all fronts. Hugs.

Pete Zicato 09-10-2013 06:48 PM

Both the families that we dog-sit for have lost their dogs. We have no more foster dogs. It makes me sad.

fargon 09-10-2013 07:00 PM

Hugs and prayers to everybody.

Crimson Ghost 09-10-2013 10:32 PM

I was gonna vent, but my problems ain't shit.
My best to you all.

Aliantha 09-11-2013 06:44 AM

Sundae, so sorry about ur dad. Whats the plan now?

Im, i dont know.what effexor does, but why are you off it? Is it just a finance thing? If so, maybe this community can help? I would if i knew where to send it. I could western union some dosh if you need it.

infinite monkey 09-11-2013 08:44 AM

thanks peeps.

I'm feeling better so far this morning. hope it continues. Horror stories on the interwebz indicate i have a long road...but everyone is different.

Ali, it's an SSRI...has been extremely effective for me for years. When i had my 19th Nervous Breakdown in the spring, they upped my dosage one again. i'm on almost the highest dosage prescribed. I've always known that just missing one day can make me sick. I'm cold turkey now yes, because of losing my job and subsequntly my insurance and it's very expensive. But i should have some money coming soon, and i will then decide if I'm through the woods (I hope) or if i will just go back on the damn stuff and taper off with doc's care.

I really reaaly appreciate the kind offer of moola but i really really don't want anyone doing that and i would not feel right accepting it. I am indebted to many, and indebted in many ways ('good' debt and bad) and i couldn't bear accepting that sort of help. But it's very kind of you to offer.

Mom is home again. I haven't checked in yet this morning. Perhaps this is a bad time to be enduring withdrawal but I'm playing this one day at a time.

Again, thanks everyone. I was a ball of hysteria yesterday. Just google 'effexor withdrawal" and you'll get a ore complete picture of how insidious this is. The extremely short half life is partly to blame...and other SSRIs do not 'replace' to help because the withdrawal has very little to do with the seratonin issue.

I mean, what about when the apocalypse comes? I'm supposed to fight zombies in this state? i can't just 'assume' the zombies won't loot all the drugstore, and my energied would better be used for combat and hiding and the like...not trying to find the nearest CVS. My druthers are to quit it for good. If my depression kixks my ass again there may be newer treatments i haven't yet tried.