The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What is pissing you off this time? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=18362)

Lola Bunny 10-14-2014 04:46 PM

My nephew dropped out of 5th grade math, so he can be with his "friends" in 4th grade. Grrrr....I'm so mad. I have to butt heads with my brother all the time just so my nephew can study at a higher level. Actually, he even makes a point to criticize education and prevent the kid from studying more. My nephew is so damn smart, but my brother doesn't want to make him study. My nephew now has become lazy and if something isn't easy, he doesn't care to try to get it. He just wants life to be easy. This kid is going to be sorely disappointed when he grows up. I give up; I'm not going to try anymore. What a waste of intelligence and talent. (He's very musically inclined but he quit piano because he doesn't want to practice although it only takes him a fraction of a time to get it compared to an average kid.) I just told him if he wants to not study and go to stupid, gangster schools and become stupid, go right ahead. I'm not going to scold him to study anymore. I know I'm being mean and going to regret saying those stuffs, but I'm just so mad and frustrated right now. He's not my kid, so I can't force him. I'm going to start practice not caring.

classicman 10-15-2014 03:51 PM

Wow ... no words. What is up with your brother? Why is he acting like that?

Gravdigr 10-15-2014 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lola Bunny (Post 911888)
He's not my kid

There ya go. Just sayin'.

xoxoxoBruce 10-16-2014 10:11 AM

Yeah, you can't be Tiger Mom to other people's kids, besides, you tried to drown the kid. :p:

Gravdigr 10-16-2014 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce (Post 912025)
besides, you tried to drown the kid.

:eek:

Lola Bunny 10-17-2014 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce (Post 912025)
Yeah, you can't be Tiger Mom to other people's kids, besides, you tried to drown the kid. :p:

With love, yes. :D I don't have kids of my own. Gotta torture some other people's kids. :D

So, that night, I said to him when I saw him again, "I'm mad at you." He said, "I know." That boy is smarter than some men I know. LOL....Knew why I was mad at him. Anyways, he explained that being in 5th grade math would take him out of science and social studies, but he likes those subjects. He promised to continue working on those supplemental workbooks and learn 5th grade math at home if I teach him. So, I stopped being upset. :D

infinite monkey 10-17-2014 12:48 PM

I think it's great, Lola. You never know what might inspire a kid. There's a kid in my neighborhood who doesn't have a lot of advantages so I always ask him about school and I tell him he should be a scientist because he likes bugs and lizards and stuff so much. :)

Lola Bunny 10-17-2014 12:56 PM

It's great that you're giving the kid some self-confidence. My nephew wants to be a helicopter engineer when he grows up. He loves helicopters, so he wants to create new helicopters that aren't in the market yet. He already has in mind what he wants in a helicopter. I have to keep reminding him that he needs an education to have enough basic knowledge to build on to do what he wants whenever he gets lazy.

xoxoxoBruce 10-17-2014 04:10 PM

Wow, helicopters are a tough choice considering it's a miniscule market compared to other aircraft. That results in much fewer possible employers too, which is a consideration if you don't have a few $Billion laying around to go it alone. But once he gets his Aerospace engineering degree he can decide how he wants to go.

Assuming he doesn't fall in lust and decide they can live on love in a van down by the river. :haha:

Lola Bunny 10-17-2014 10:00 PM

Sshhhhhh.... dont let him know that. I use this dream of his to persuade him that having an education is good. :-)

infinite monkey 10-17-2014 10:37 PM

And I have a grown nephew who completed his college education quite well, joined the Marines as an officer, and is training to be a helicopter pilot for the Marines. Education is always good. Your nephew can do great things. Keep persuading!

p.s. Math is very important for those kinds of goals.

Gravdigr 10-18-2014 01:43 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Best motivation ever:

Attachment 49319

Clodfobble 10-23-2014 04:32 PM

Yahoo Mail has been down for hours, and I need to send some damn emails.

Gravdigr 10-23-2014 05:02 PM

Working for me. I haven't had any trouble today, and I've been off and on Ymail since about 11am.

Try this site, put in the Yahoo mail log in page. Tells ya if the site is down for just you, or for everybody.

I'm using the free email, btw.

Gravdigr 10-23-2014 05:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 49375