The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's upsetting you today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=14114)

DanaC 04-13-2014 02:41 PM

Ah damn Monster, that sounds horrible.

Clodfobble 04-13-2014 03:47 PM

Sorry, monster. This is a crap time of year for people beholden to school and extracurricular activities.

xoxoxoBruce 04-13-2014 05:07 PM

That sucks, especially when you've made a promise/commitment you just can't keep when stuff changes. I guess you'll have to prioritize what affects the people you care most about. Of course it's easy for me to sit here on my fat ass and give out questionable advice, but I hope you can come up with a compromise that lets you stay healthy and sane.

Lola Bunny 04-13-2014 06:58 PM

Dana: That's so sad. I'm so sorry to hear that.

Monster: I hope things will work out.

Sigh....I think we all need a hug. I need a hug....

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

limey 04-14-2014 04:36 AM

Monster, are the "expectations" commitments you've made, other peoples' assumptions or you setting yourself impossible goals that, actually, no-one else is aware of? If any are the latter two, I hope you can ditch them, and am willing you the strength to do so. X

Sent by thought transference

monster 04-14-2014 07:23 AM

All of the above :(. And the main thing I got done was (a) an unreasonable expectation of other people and (b) the assholes who dumped the job and ran off to sunny placesassuming the rest of the team would take care of it had the gall to question the decisions I was forced to make in their absence (I was the only one left). I hate people sometimes. Especially me :( I got none of it done yesterday. hoping for better today. Less crying would be good :/

xoxoxoBruce 04-14-2014 07:52 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

...the assholes who dumped the job and ran off to sunny places assuming the rest of the team would take care of it had the gall to question the decisions I was forced to make in their absence...
OMG, OMG...
~Well, did you leave your opinion on a note somewhere when you took off and dumped everything on me?

~Who the fuck cares what the absentee landlord thinks.

~You ain't working, you ain't voting.

~Hold it right there while I look around for my give a shit... nope, don't see it.

In reality I assume these are parents of your kids friends, and part of the social fabric you hope to navigate smoothly in the future, which sort of rules out dismemberment. Maybe if you really fuck things up once or twice, they won't feel comfy dumping it on you in the future. They down side is you may not have much chance to do things the way you want.

You wimmens is so tricky, you know a couple of tears protect your face from blowback if the wind shifts. ;)

monster 04-14-2014 10:27 AM

It was hiring swim coaches for the summer team. Supposed to be a committee, all done and dusted about to make the offers then the shit hit the plan on the day they all left town. they all emailed "well sorry, We're just leaving will turn internet back on in a week so can't be part of this problem, trust the rest of you to make the right decision.... yada yada yada

I think I fixed it now (startuing with pointing out that every single one of them but me had done this. :( yeah, I know, I'm whining. Fuck it, I'm entitled

Clodfobble 04-14-2014 12:44 PM

I find that royally fucking things up every once in awhile keeps expectations low and others' involvement at a fair level. The only trick is convincing yourself to allow it to happen.

Sundae 04-14-2014 02:21 PM

In Bradford, alone, tired and miserable and feeling the weight of my uncertain future very heavily.
Feeling homesick already, as much for my nice little life as for my parents company, my cat and my bedroom.

I'm sure it will start becoming an adventure again soon, but right now I just wish I was at home and none of this was happening.

glatt 04-14-2014 02:25 PM

Sorry, Sundae!

You can do this.

Lola Bunny 04-14-2014 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sundae (Post 896818)
In Bradford, alone, tired and miserable and feeling the weight of my uncertain future very heavily.
Feeling homesick already, as much for my nice little life as for my parents company, my cat and my bedroom.

I'm sure it will start becoming an adventure again soon, but right now I just wish I was at home and none of this was happening.

I'm sorry, hon. :hug: :hug: :hug:

DanaC 04-14-2014 03:09 PM

Ah damn, hon, that sounds hard.

[eta] I've never really minded that my house is a hobbithouse. But right now, I'd give my hindteeth for a spare room. Or indeed one normal adultsized room that could fit more than a teeny sofa.

Griff 04-14-2014 03:16 PM

I'm so sorry Sundae.:comfort:

limey 04-14-2014 04:32 PM

Hugs to you Sundae! You've for the whole Cellar with you in spirit! XXX

Sent by thought transference