The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's upsetting you today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=14114)

Carruthers 06-13-2014 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aliantha (Post 901611)
Thats nothing. In Aus, you renew every 5 years and it costs almost $200. Stay in the UK. Haha

Had to look that up. It's about £110!

Our impost would appear to be something of a bargain in comparison.

xoxoxoBruce 06-13-2014 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carruthers (Post 901560)
Even by the usual standards of driving licence or passport photos, it was a real horror. No, I mean a REAL horror.

I just renewed my C.C. permit and hey say sit there, pointing at a chair, grab your picture with a webcam type thingy, and you don't see it until you get the laminated card a couple weeks later.

In fairness though, when they do the driver's license pictures they attempt to show me on the monitor and ask if it's OK. I tell them I don't care because I don't give a shit if the cop thinks I'm attractive.
I'm not blowing him to avoid a ticket... but I don't tell them that. :lol:

footfootfoot 06-13-2014 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce (Post 901627)
I'm not blowing him to avoid a ticket... but I don't tell them that. :lol:

Then, exactly, WHY are you blowing him?:p:

xoxoxoBruce 06-13-2014 08:26 PM

No reason for "they" to know, what arrangement two consenting adults, "him" and myself, have agreed to... like he's got to take me in his cruiser while I work the siren... or something. :p:

nowhereman 06-14-2014 06:51 AM

A new euphemism - "blowing the siren"...........

Aliantha 06-15-2014 04:24 AM

Apparently i am abusive and some other bad things for blowing off steam here and saying i should have married a tradesman.

In the spirit of posting on the internet to people neither of us will probably ever meet, i am sorry. I shouldnt make jokes about the things that frustrate me, even if it is annonymously.

What i am most upset about is that the one place i had to go to vent has been taken from me. Maybe people shouldnt spy on others.

I suppose i will have to censor my thoughts here too.

I hate my life. I wish i were dead.

DanaC 06-15-2014 05:04 AM

At the risk of tromping in where I shouldn't:

So, he saw what you'd written and all he saw was the insult to him, not the fact that his wife is clearly very unhappy. Great priorities.

Quote:

I hate my life. I wish i were dead.
This too will pass, hon.

Sundae 06-15-2014 05:05 AM

You
are
a
good
person.

What you might or migt not say here is shooting the breeze.
Fishing talk.

shine on Aliantha

limey 06-15-2014 05:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanaC (Post 901705)
At the risk of tromping in where I shouldn't:

So, he saw what you'd written and all he saw was the insult to him, not the fact that his wife is clearly very unhappy. Great priorities.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sundae (Post 901706)
You
are
a
good
person.

What you might or might not say here is shooting the breeze.
Fishing talk.

shine on Aliantha

What they said. Big hugs to you, Ali! XXX

Clodfobble 06-15-2014 07:37 AM

I'm sorry, Ali. I wish it could have been an opportunity to open conversation, rather than another fight. Just remember that even when all else has gone to shit, Max and Eva love you, and need you, and need you to not be dead.

xoxoxoBruce 06-15-2014 09:21 AM

Quote:

I'm sorry, Ali. I wish it could have been an opportunity to open conversation, rather than another fight.
Lord no, then she might become cupcake queen, successful, wealthy and independent... worse, a threat to the status quo. :unsure:

Nirvana 06-15-2014 10:21 AM

Ali you know in your heart dead is not going to be as much fun as alive. This will pass I promise. When your business gets going you will be busy and happy. {{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}

Aliantha 06-15-2014 08:30 PM

Thanks everyone. I will be fine.

Today I am mostly just angry. I gave up so much for my husband. Even my mental health. It's time to take it all back, starting today. No one else is going to be in charge of my life but me. I will not sit around idly hoping he doesn't leave me because I am such a bad person. That's only his perspective, which imo is warped to begin with.

Anyway, it's time to take back control of my life. Starting today.

I will not be caught unprepared for anything.

sexobon 06-15-2014 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aliantha (Post 901741)
... I will not be caught unprepared for anything.

You mean like if he wants to take you to a deep lake or fast moving river, let's say for a day of fishing; but, doesn't bring a fishing rod for you :eek: ... you'll bring your own, right?

Aliantha 06-15-2014 09:33 PM

haha...I will be prepared for anything. Even that. I could even get my own bait!