The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's upsetting you today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=14114)

monster 04-07-2015 07:32 PM

The lying two-faced front-end manager at my job. Stupid cunt is too dumb to realize there is a paper trail to prove her wrong, but really.....why should I have to deal with it and take time out of doing my job to show she fucked up at hers. To the person she last laid the blame on behind their back. sigh. Why can't people just be honest and do their job?

Gravdigr 04-08-2015 02:53 PM

They're people.

People suck.

classicman 04-10-2015 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monster (Post 925513)
The lying two-faced front-end manager at my job. Stupid cunt is too dumb to realize there is a paper trail to prove her wrong, but really.....why should I have to deal with it and take time out of doing my job to show she fucked up at hers. To the person she last laid the blame on behind their back. sigh. Why can't people just be honest and do their job?

Welcome to the "working" world. This is an almost everyday occurrence for me. Mostly, its my immediate boss. Puts me in a very crappy situation. Sadly the managing partner doesn't want to hear it. He's got his "Yes-man" and will hear none of it. grrrrrrrrrrr.

monster 04-11-2015 08:48 AM

Didn't need to get the proof out. Fortunately she is not the boss of me -I'd be long gone voluntarily if that were the case. The boss of me is a very savvy gentleman who has her number and tore her a new one over this without me having to say a thing. And now I know for sure who is "not my friend". :lol: With the added bonus of her being so dumb she thinks she's fooling everyone. ah well. I am no longer upset.

It would just be a nicer place if people could tell the truth. Yesterday she came to me with a photo she had taken of an old sale price sign that should have been taken down (which adds to the problem we are dealing with) She wanted my backing in blaming that department and agreeing is wasn't her fault. When I said, "actually, you can blame me for that one, I must've missed it when I got the others" she was all "oooh no, I'm not going to blame you, I won't report it, then". I told her to go ahead, the department and I share that task and I'll accept responsibility -the situation is unchanged, a sign was missed that caused a problem.... but she wasn't having any of it. I guess she thinks she's "done me favor" now :rolleyes:

Gravdigr 04-11-2015 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monster (Post 925754)
And now I know for sure who is "not my friend".

And knowing is half the battle.:thumb:

monster 04-11-2015 06:50 PM

It's a shame, though. We have no need to be in competition. Oh well, her loss

infinite monkey 04-14-2015 03:46 PM

Sorry I deleted that last post. I've tried posting about it numerous times and I was set off today but it's really still so upsetting to me that re-reading my own words made me even more upset.

Ugh. Sorry. :(

glatt 04-14-2015 03:55 PM

Sorry Infi! I hope you get past this.

infinite monkey 04-14-2015 03:59 PM

Thanks. I will someday.

footfootfoot 04-15-2015 05:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monster (Post 925754)

I guess she thinks she's "done me favor" now :rolleyes:

Do Brits leave out the definite article there, or did you just do that?

I've heard the phrase "I'll do you a treat." I'm confused.

limey 04-15-2015 06:18 AM

Fargon, she's not British any more. Didn't you see the pic of her and Beest getting their Americanisation passes?

Sent by thought transference

fargon 04-15-2015 06:30 AM

I know that she is not British anymore. I think that your were addressing footfootfoot.

limey 04-15-2015 10:15 AM

You're right Fargon. Please accept my apologies. X

Sent by thought transference

monster 04-15-2015 03:43 PM

I r 2 still british:) but twas a typing fuckup. cant trype in either language

orthodoc 04-15-2015 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by footfootfoot (Post 926012)
Do Brits leave out the definite article there, or did you just do that?

I've heard the phrase "I'll do you a treat." I'm confused.

I'm also confused ... I thought 'a' was indefinite and 'the' was definite ... as for the treat, I'm all for that.