The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Image of the Day (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Sept 18, 2010: Hosni Jumps Ahead (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=23585)

xoxoxoBruce 09-23-2010 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spudcon (Post 684579)
I only read the first page of the Smithsonian article,...

That's the best way to remain ignorant.

spudcon 09-24-2010 01:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce (Post 684586)
That's the best way to remain ignorant.

No, the best way to remain ignorant is to read revisionist history promulgated by the Smithsonian, liberal college professors and the media.

Pico and ME 09-24-2010 05:57 AM

:facepalm:

“For the great enemy of truth is very often not the lie – deliberate, contrived, and dishonest – but the myth – persistent, persuasive, and unrealistic. Too often we hold to the clichés of our forebears….We enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought.”

John F Kennedy

ZenGum 09-24-2010 06:20 AM

and he thinks people laugh at Obama.

spudcon 09-24-2010 06:34 AM

I don't think Kennedy ever heard of Obama.

Spexxvet 09-24-2010 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spudcon (Post 684507)
Government is evil because it imposes limits on liberty.

Limits like not allowing openly gay men and women serve in the military, not allowing US citizens marry the gender of their choice, not allowing a woman to choose to end a pregnancy, etc. Don't act as though it's only liberals who impose limits on liberty.

Spexxvet 09-24-2010 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spudcon (Post 684626)
I don't think Kennedy ever heard of Obama.

Pssst. I think he was referring to you.;)

spudcon 09-24-2010 11:30 AM

I think you're right. It's ok though, I come here to laugh.

classicman 09-24-2010 12:10 PM

Although I don't completely disagree on
DADT & Marriage versus Civil Unions.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spexxvet (Post 684655)
not allowing a woman to choose to end a pregnancy

This one is a matter of perspective... To some this is akin to murder. I find it interesting that the left has this "perversion of science" mentality against the right with global warming and whatnot, but is perfectly ok with abortion.

I guess I shouldn't post this here, cuz I don't want to hijack the thread & turn it into an abortion of an abortion debate..

Happy Monkey 09-24-2010 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by classicman (Post 684713)
This one is a matter of perspective... To some this is akin to murder.

Maybe to some, but not to many. There are very few who would support life imprisonment, or even ten years, for a woman who got an abortion. People may not like it, but the number who really think it's murder is vanishingly small.

xoxoxoBruce 09-24-2010 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spudcon (Post 684603)
No, the best way to remain ignorant is to read revisionist history promulgated by the Smithsonian, liberal college professors and the media.

If you'd read the goddamn thing, you'd see that the federal government was not founded on Religious principles, it was founded on neutral principles. It had to be, because the individual states were founded on religious principles, but not all the same, and the only way to get them to join together was to guarantee a neutral position by the feds. That's why the individual states carried on with laws that supported the semi-official religion in that state. Your claim of being founded Christian principles is true when you talk about states, but not the United States.