The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Home Base (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Well, This is Going to be a Lousy Situation (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=26398)

morethanpretty 11-30-2011 11:04 PM

Not really cold weather here :P.

I found out on FB a couple of days ago. I still have no words I can think of that describe my feelings in a concise way. It sucks. That is the most eloquent thing I can think of to say.

Elspode 11-30-2011 11:28 PM

So many interesting things to respond to...and when I'm not about to fall over dead from exhaustion (which is likely to be a few days out yet...so much crap to move and integrate in to TF's place), I'll come address several things individually. Until then, y'all are priceless to me. Thanks for being, collectively, Teh Cellar.

Flint 11-30-2011 11:30 PM

Sorry to hear about how things went down. Knowing "how she is" did you ever expect to be on the receiving end of it?

zippyt 12-01-2011 01:09 AM

1 Attachment(s)
this is interesting ,

xoxoxoBruce 12-01-2011 06:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glatt (Post 776649)
There's a lot of fantastic wisdom in this thread.

That depends on your definition of wisdom. :lol2:

3foot's right in that personal experiences will color/temper reactions. I've seen this play out with couples I know personally so many times, three in the last 18 months, I could pretend to be clairvoyant.

:male: I don't know why she's pissed, all she says is 'nothing' or 'fine', maybe it's "the change", she can't be this mad because I drank the last of the orange juice, she's been pissed before and it blew over, maybe it'll take care of itself if I just wait... oh, the game's on.

:female: That's it, I'm done, Cosmo says if the idiot thinks it's about orange juice he just doesn't love me, I'll just make my plans, talk to my girlfriends, and get legal advice.

What we got here is... failure to communicate.

footfootfoot 12-01-2011 04:50 PM

Wait, so is it about the orange juice or not?

"My wife said she wanted a divorce, something about how I never listen, I'm not really sure, I wasn't paying attention."

xoxoxoBruce 12-02-2011 06:59 AM

1 Attachment(s)
If she bitches about the orange juice, then no, it's got nothing to do with it.

infinite monkey 12-02-2011 07:03 AM

It's ALWAYS about the orange juice. Silly men.

Well, maybe that's just me. If I'm pissed about orange juice (first, I need a life because if OJ is all I have to worry about then I'm awfully bored) then you can be sure that OJ has a deep and meaningful presence in my life. Maybe I die without it?

Maybe it's about you talking to me like I'm your pet mongrel. That might do it. ;)

Trilby 12-02-2011 07:14 AM

People, people!

Drink MILK!
Coz OJ will kill ya!!

xoxoxoBruce 12-02-2011 07:31 AM

OJ foisted Robert George Kardashian on the public, and we all know the garbage that led to. :vomit:

infinite monkey 12-02-2011 07:33 AM

Seriously. I heard on the radio that some store has the Kardashian Kollection (I'm sure it doesn't start with a K but that would be just about right in the cutesy-dumb category.)

What, Ho Clothes?

zippyt 12-02-2011 08:10 AM

Dat Ho's clothes !

infinite monkey 12-02-2011 08:22 AM

OMG, Dat Ho's clothes ARE spelled with a K.

Quote:

We were tempted to spell "clothing" and "coming" with a 'K' in the title in true Kardashian fashion, but we refrained. And you're welcome. First came Kardashian Konfidential...now comes Kardashian Kollection available at Sears!
Afterwards, you can have a big breakfast at the Kuntry Kitchen, then you can go to KOA Kampground.

Oh oh oh...here's a doozy. Kourtney can see sears from her house!

Quote:

"We love Sears," Kourtney added. "There is a Sears right near our house."

Oh, pukage.

http://www.okmagazine.com/news/kim-k...n-coming-sears

Spexxvet 12-02-2011 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by infinite monkey (Post 777078)
What, Ho Clothes?

With roomy butts, unless you're a Kardashian.;)

Elspode 12-03-2011 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimhelm (Post 776615)
So, hearing everyone tell you that you don't deserve this kind of treatment rolls right off, don't it? You're scratching your head wondering why she did it anyway. I mean.... We just know you from the words you write, and the things you say. Selene lived with you. If anyone knows you, it's her...right? And for some reason, she willfully and specifically fucked you over. She seemingly went out of her way to hurt you. Why? Why did she think she had to do it this way? What did she mean, you wouldn't let her go? Maybe you were unwittingly possessive and controlling... Maybe you didnt realize that you held sway over her. She seems strong, but perhaps it was a front...

Maybe thats all crazy thoughts that will keep you wallowing in circular confusion for a couple of months.... She has closure. You don't.

That's the worst part. The wondering why. In time, ...a lot of time.... You'll give up wondering. You can't understand it because you are not her.

Maybe you won't be bothered by it.... All I know is that I was...and because I'm egocentric, I assume you would react the exact same way that I would;)

I hope you're hearing this might help you see that it ain't you, it's her...and even though you may not be able to Really literally Realize it, that maybe it will give you a foothold.

You'll be a better man ....even Better!.... From the introspection.

I hope this part goes as quickly and easily as the gods can allow and still afford you the ability to learn what is being taught (whatever that is) without the need for a repeat lesson.

My love to you, brother. All of our loves to you. We have your back.

Jim, you are both wise and insane. Everything you say above is true, yet limited. Yes, I feel all those offended things...but...

...I've been waiting for the deep gut wrenching ass kicking to flow over my reality, and it just doesn't happen.

Perhaps I've overstated things. What I said about the departure was true, but since that's gone down, I've been moving stuff in with TF...she's been working her ass off at my soon to be ex house every day to organize, package, eliminate, and get what matters moved here.

I think this is what was supposed to happen. I wish it had happened differently, but...