The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Home Base (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   What's your curse? and your special talent? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=15631)

monster 10-19-2007 12:52 PM

twin, is that you?

Cicero 10-19-2007 04:26 PM

Talkin' to me? Huh?

I don't get it!

monster 10-19-2007 10:26 PM

procrastination is also a specialty of mine, and you caught me just at that point where I might really need to start thinking about preparing for Thor's party which is at 5 tomorrow after 3 soccer games and buying a new fridge....... I usually decorate the cake while the kids play pass-the-parcel.

DucksNuts 10-20-2007 05:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monster (Post 397065)
And what gave you the impression it wasn't?

back atcha

(these pics are from RKs "thread bombs" thread...... ah forget it :rolleyes: )

Meh, I quoted you, but my post wasnt directed at you in the slightest.

I agree....forget it :rolleyes:

Sundae 08-14-2009 03:54 PM

I was looking for the Special Talent thread.
I forgot it went through a Spectacular Row phase.
Never mind, all over now.

Still - I remembered today that one of my special talents is an exceptionally loud clap.
You might be thinking - yeah, right. You might think everyone claps the same volume.
Oh Noes!
I can clap SO loud!
It's all about cupping the hands. I learned it in my school production/ am-dram days.
And as it's technically clapping, Mum can't protest. But I swear, it's the loudest clap in the room. Noisy am us.

Okay I have also been known to whoop when family members are being acknowleged (niece & nephew for example.) But only when officially sanctioned. And I don't stand up. Because I've been asked not to.

Not going back on any of my curses, you've had enough of those.

Sheldonrs 08-14-2009 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sundae Girl (Post 587899)

Still - I remembered today that one of my special talents is an exceptionally loud clap.
You might be thinking - yeah, right. You might think everyone claps the same volume.
Oh Noes!
I can clap SO loud!
It's all about cupping the hands. I learned it in my school production/ am-dram days.
And as it's technically clapping, Mum can't protest. But I swear, it's the loudest clap in the room. Noisy am us.

Okay I have also been known to whoop when family members are being acknowleged (niece & nephew for example.) But only when officially sanctioned. And I don't stand up. Because I've been asked not to.

Kind of ironic. Usually the clap would fall under the "curse" category.

:D

Sundae 08-14-2009 04:36 PM

How so?
I give the clap big time.
Why the issue?

I've no idea why they call me Mary.

DanaC 08-14-2009 04:44 PM

I had a friend in college we used to call Kit Kat...I probably shouldn't say what her special talent was...

Sheldonrs 08-14-2009 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanaC (Post 587905)
I had a friend in college we used to call Kit Kat...I probably shouldn't say what her special talent was...

Getting eaten?

Sundae 08-14-2009 04:49 PM

It may be a Brit thing.
Fingers....?

Sheldonrs 08-14-2009 05:18 PM

Who would you do for a Klondike Bar?

SteveDallas 08-14-2009 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanaC (Post 587905)

Well maybe you shouldn't, but I think you have to now.

Shawnee123 08-14-2009 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sundae Girl (Post 587899)

Oh Noes!
I can clap SO loud!

This post really made me laugh. I do know the logistics behind the loud clap, the whole cupping of the hands thing, but I'm not that good at it. :p

However, I can flip a bottle cap faster and farther than any of you! That is my special talent.

My curse? Eh, just being me. ;)

I just found a video demonstrating the bottle cap flip. lmao!

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/178549..._cap_flipping/

monster 08-14-2009 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sundae Girl (Post 587907)
It may be a Brit thing.
Fingers....?

yeah, only two over here.....

DanaC 08-15-2009 04:58 AM

Four fingers