The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   I have learned... (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=12107)

Shawnee123 11-03-2006 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yesman065
Oh I was gonna say. . . . I have been feeling a little on edge lately, and thought I may have offended you in some way. OH well here goes. . . .

. . . . that I am "a good egg
"

Nah, I'm edgy too, and you don't typically cold shoulder me. Anyhoo, what did the blue highlighted part mean? I'm a bit slow on the uptake today.

yesman065 11-03-2006 01:38 PM

What I learned. I am trying to learn something positive everyday and I chose your words for today

Shawnee123 11-03-2006 01:52 PM

See, I was being dense.

It's good to learn or do something positive everyday. I am trying that myself.

A few years ago I made a New Year's resolution much different than the typical "lose weight" "stop smoking" "quit stabbing people in the grocery line" resolutions that none of us EVER keep. I decided to make it a point to compliment people to their boss if I get good service, or write something nice on a comment card. That year, I wrote a comment card at the grocery about some young man who had been out of his way kind, and multitudes more. It has since become a way of life. I think I"ve always been a nice person for the most part, but to make a conscious attempt to show others I appreciate them really brought some good things out.

So, these days I still do that. I wrote a nice email to one of our IT guys for his efficient and painless switchover to my new computer. I courtesy copied to his boss. In our institution it is known as "valuing people" initiative, and I know how I feel when I am appreciated and recognized.

These are positive actions that make me feel good, no matter how freaking goofy my own life is right now. :)

yesman065 11-03-2006 01:56 PM

That is awesome - I think I'll follow your lead. It is so hard in this negative environment where I work to remain upbeat. Anyway, I like the idea and I'm goin with it.

busterb 12-26-2007 10:44 AM

I learned to not close bedroom door on a cold morning, to raise heat in other rooms. Then forgetting to open before bed time. BRrrr!

zippyt 12-30-2007 09:04 PM

2 Attachment(s)
When you grab your Ipod and Plug it into your wifes New Ipod Jam box to go Do IT ,
Pick your Play list CAREFULLY !!!!!!
Don't want any FMJ sound bites cropping up as things are heating up!!!

Aliantha 12-30-2007 10:41 PM

I have learned that Christmas is a joke and there's really no point except for the kids.

The end.

DucksNuts 12-31-2007 04:55 AM

I have learned that *some* 15 year old girls are not much different to 4 year olds.

I also learned that putting make up on when its 40+ degrees c, is a big waste of time.

kerosene 12-31-2007 04:41 PM

I have learned that I enjoy 70 degree weather much more than 10 degree weather with snow and wind.

HungLikeJesus 12-31-2007 06:08 PM

I have learned that time slips away when perusing the Cellar, and that I'll have to stay late tonight (New Year's Eve) to make it up.

Aliantha 12-31-2007 07:17 PM

I have learned that good service is hard to find.

Drax 01-01-2008 05:06 PM

I have learned that it's not easy to be a non-conformist, even in an internet community without many rules.

classicman 01-01-2008 05:35 PM

heck drax, look at radar! then again look at all of us, we are probably all outside the social norms. Thats why the cellar rocks!

Aliantha 01-01-2008 05:43 PM

I have learned that Drax feels a bit on the outter after recent discussions.

I have also learned that it doesn't matter what anyone else says, you just have to follow your own path anyway. You don't have any other choice.

Drax 01-01-2008 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aliantha (Post 420718)
I have learned that Drax feels a bit on the outter after recent discussions.

Got that right.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Ali
I have also learned that it doesn't matter what anyone else says, you just have to follow your own path anyway. You don't have any other choice.

Well said. ;)