The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Home Base (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Armed America (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=13203)

rkzenrage 02-05-2007 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaggieL
Criminals can't buy guns at Wally World.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spexxvet (Post 313048)
How about future criminals?

When did we start punishing them?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spexxvet (Post 313046)
Is anyone here afraid of Russian nukes? Afraid of nuclear weapons getting into the hands of Al Qaeda? Afraid of North Korea getting nukes? If you are, why? If you're not, why not?

OT... You may want to start a new thread, IMO.

Spexxvet 02-05-2007 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaggieL (Post 313001)
The phrases describing gun owners who aren't defensive are "former gun owners" or "citizens disarmed by their own government".

If gun owners weren't so offensive, they wouldn't have to be so defensive. ;)

rkzenrage 02-05-2007 02:41 PM

There is no call to be insulting. I will no longer converse with you on this.

Spexxvet 02-05-2007 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rkzenrage (Post 313043)
Fear of a tool that is not being pointed at you is irrational... a car or pneumatic nail-gun is equally as dangerous as a gun (many of tools & poisons I have worked with are more dangerous than my guns), I don't see people freaking-out about them.
Irrational fear.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spexxvet (Post 313046)
Is anyone here afraid of Russian nukes? Afraid of nuclear weapons getting into the hands of Al Qaeda? Afraid of North Korea getting nukes? If you are, why? If you're not, why not?

Quote:

Originally Posted by rkzenrage (Post 313049)
..0OT... You may want to start a new thread, IMO.

Answer the question. If I shouldn't be afraid of a gun anymore than I'm afraid of pnumatic nail gun that is not pointing at me, then you shouldn't be afraid of Russian, North Korean, or Al Qaeda-ian nukes, right? Same logic.

So... are you afraid?

Spexxvet 02-05-2007 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rkzenrage (Post 313054)

Pu-leeeeeze!

Shawnee123 02-05-2007 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rkzenrage (Post 313054)

Good point, rkz...now tell your cohort:

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaggieL
Your failure to think isn't a good reason to spread misinformation

Let's see, how does this work? Oh yeah, put people on the defensive, then when they get defensive point out they are defensive because they are scared and/or stupid.

But, I guess it's OK for you guys to do it. :3_eyes:

rkzenrage 02-05-2007 03:02 PM

I take no responsibility for anyone else's posts.
I am neither scared or stupid. I have stated my past with weapons, the ranch, how I have used them my whole life; as well as my political beliefs with them.
I am very moderate, IMO.
If one does not like guns, don't buy one or get into a relationship with a gun owner... simple.
If it is that big a deal... move to a nation not built on the principle of the second amendment. Again, simple.

glatt 02-05-2007 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rkzenrage (Post 313065)
move to a nation not built on the principle of the second amendment. Again, simple.

In other words: America, love it or leave it.

How is that the position of someone who is very moderate?

Spexxvet 02-05-2007 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rkzenrage (Post 313065)
I take no responsibility for anyone else's posts.

And yet you object to my being insulting (which I don't think I was), but not to someone who agrees with your point's being insulting. That's real moderate.:right:

Flint 02-05-2007 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glatt (Post 313076)

>>>>>>> How is your face not a getting punched-the-hell-off?

glatt 02-05-2007 03:17 PM

Because my new LCD monitor at work is specially designed to be so thin, there is no room inside to hide the little people who would normally punch me in the face.

rkzenrage 02-05-2007 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glatt (Post 313076)
In other words: America, love it or leave it.

I am moderate when it comes to gun possession. I have no issue with three day background checks (no longer), I do not feel that people should be allowed to own military grade explosives, I have no issue with people being allowed to bring guns into government buildings, no violent felons owning guns.
The Constitution IS America, yes, if you do not want to be around freedom, you should not be in this country. Just like those who feel that there should be a limit to freedom of speech are not a good fit for living in this nation.
I could care less if they are here. I just think they are going to be uncomfortable.

Spexxvet 02-05-2007 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rkzenrage (Post 313085)
...Just like those who feel that there should be a limit to freedom of speech are not a good fit for living in this nation.

Just like those people who feel that there should be a limit to a person's freedom to own slaves, or a person's freedom to limit a woman's right to vote. The constitution changes with the times. Why isn't it time to be civilized and change gun rights? I'm not endorsing limiting all guns, just the ones predominntly used in crimes.

Elspode 02-05-2007 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaggieL (Post 313030)
How do you identify loonies? Because they have a gun? Or because they just "look that way"?

Quite correct. You only know a loony with a gun *after* they've shot up the schoolhouse full of Amish children.

Elspode 02-05-2007 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaggieL (Post 313027)
Your failure to think isn't a good reason to spread misinformation.

http://www.fbi.gov/hq/cjisd/nics/nicsindex.htm

Stating that she was unaware (i.e., "I didn't think") of such a statute isn't really spreading misinformation. Of course, for those of us who have never held an incorrect assumption or opinion, I can certainly see where that would be offputting.