The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Lame newbies lately (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=15952)

LJ 11-19-2007 04:23 PM

no, we can't do that. that would be bad, mkay?

Mockingbird 11-19-2007 04:24 PM

You sure? I'm not seeing a downside.

Sundae 11-19-2007 04:25 PM

Pssssst ignore

LJ 11-19-2007 04:26 PM

lemme just say .....

HITLER!

Mockingbird 11-19-2007 04:27 PM

Nah, that's not my preferred method. I like stirring things up a bit.

Nothing says 'Fuck you' like a voted banishment.

Cicero 11-19-2007 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sundae Girl (Post 408678)
We're all Jim - fooled ya!

Well now this begs the question...Who is the jim-est?
:D

LJ 11-19-2007 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mockingbird (Post 408724)
Nah, that's not my preferred method. I like stirring things up a bit.

Nothing says 'Fuck you' like a voted banishment.

i was saying hitler to kill the thread.....godwins law?

anyway:

yeah...but who's to judge?

unless that kind of thing is unanimous......you cant start down that road. It's UT's board...if he gets sick enough of someone, he can off them.
But...I have to say....if this was my place....I wouldn't ban spex or drax. They havent done anything bad enough to really cause problems.

drax is like a sulky kid, and spex is a bitter waste...but neither of them has threatened anyone, or lost their shit all over the board and ruined anything.

fuck em. they damage themselves at their own peril.

LJ 11-19-2007 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cicero (Post 408725)
Well now this begs the question...Who is the jim-est?
:D

how do you know you've arrived?

you are used as an adjective.

don't get up......please....hold your applause.

this is so embarrassing.

Mockingbird 11-19-2007 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LJ (Post 408732)
i was saying hitler to kill the thread.....godwins law?

anyway:

yeah...but who's to judge?

unless that kind of thing is unanimous......you cant start down that road. It's UT's board...if he gets sick enough of someone, he can off them.
But...I have to say....if this was my place....I wouldn't ban spex or drax. They havent done anything bad enough to really cause problems.

drax is like a sulky kid, and spex is a bitter waste...but neither of them has threatened anyone, or lost their shit all over the board and ruined anything.

fuck em. they damage themselves at their own peril.

Catty remarks now and then is fine, but making thread after bullshit thread of bile is just stupid. Rather than let them continue to shit up the forum I would rather take a vote and get them the hell out. I'm not saying that I expect/think people will agree with me, but when something like this comes up I think it's the easiest way to deal with it.

lookout123 11-19-2007 05:08 PM

yeah but i started a bunch of threads trying to get rid of lumberjim, but that guy stuck around until just recently.

seriously though, i hear what you are saying, but i think that the reason that the cellar has survived for so long is partly due to UT having such a slooooooooooooooooooooooooow trigger finger on the banning.

DanaC 11-19-2007 05:08 PM

I dont. Then it really does turn into a popularity contest.

@ Lookout...I don't know what it is man...I just feel this overwhelming urge to accumulate wealth...and stuff...can't quite pin point the emotion I'm feeling....

xoxoxoBruce 11-19-2007 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mockingbird (Post 408742)
snip~ ....when something like this comes up I think it's the easiest way to deal with it.

The easiest way is seldom the best way.

Drax 11-19-2007 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lookout123 (Post 408748)
yeah but i started a bunch of threads trying to get rid of lumberjim, but that guy stuck around until just recently.

seriously though, i hear what you are saying, but i think that the reason that the cellar has survived for so long is partly due to UT having such a slooooooooooooooooooooooooow trigger finger on the banning.

Not slow. I don't think he bans anybody. He basically told me so a couple of hours ago when I was gonna "wimp out" by asking him to delete my account; but since that ain't gonna happen, I might as well put up wit' you freakazoids. :p

lookout123 11-19-2007 06:46 PM

i know of a few that have been banned but they REALLY pissed all over rule #3 and begged for it. even then UT wavered back and forth on the decision and it plain for all to see that it pained him.

i think it is pretty clear - if you want to contribute to the cellar do so. we don't have to be clones, we don't always have to agree (it's more fun if we don't), we don't even all have to get along all the time. but damn, contribute something. those that are only looking for a place to flood with their bitterness, animosity, spite, and just plain need to stir the poo - should just eff off and move on to the next site.

we like it here. look around find something you like about the place and contribute in that area. something doesn't appeal to you? don't feel forced to participate in that area. it's real easy.

lookout123 11-19-2007 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drax (Post 408773)
by asking him to delete my account;

why delete your account? you don't have to log in and participate if you don't want. no one is forcing you to keep your account current.