The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Politics (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Roger Ebert writes an open letter to Rush Limbaugh (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=21881)

Shawnee123 01-16-2010 10:20 AM

I won't know for ages and ages hence. My hope is that it was the good road for ME. So far, so good.

SamIam 01-16-2010 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spexxvet (Post 627070)

Originally Posted by SamIam

...but I try to be low key. I'm just not interested in flame wars..

Originally Posted by SamIam

Well, Spex, do you maybe, just maybe hate organized religion? I am going to take a great intellectural leap here and assume that you do. I have no desire to attempt to discuss religion with an individual whose mind is already made up. Go follow your bliss, but don't expect me to sign on for your journey.

Hmmmmmm...

I hardly think that response was along the same lines as "shut up, cunt." If you can't take a bit of sarcasm, you should get out of the game. And yes, that was mild compared with what we've been talking about. :stickpoke

Shawnee123 01-16-2010 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SamIam (Post 627150)
I hardly think that response was along the same lines as "shut up, cunt." If you can't take a bit of sarcasm, you should get out of the game. And yes, that was mild compared with what we've been talking about. :stickpoke

Now that there was thumb-worthy. Where's the damn thumb? :p

TheMercenary 01-16-2010 10:27 AM

Here:

:thumb:

xoxoxoBruce 01-16-2010 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shawnee123 (Post 627090)
I disagree with you Bruce. Your MO, as well as LO's, is to, when confronted with your double standards and inability to speak to the subject at hand (bruised egos) is to turn it all around on the person who dared make a comment about the original ridiculousness.

That's because every time some one disagrees with you, it's somehow a personal attack, and if you don't insult them into submission it's never because you're wrong, it's because you're female.
Quote:

Yes, I think deep down there is a sexist nature to it, because you never tell the obvious male offenders to calm down cunt. So I called you out on that. You don't like my presentation? Oh well, I think my point was made, and I think you were out of line.
Show me where I've said that to anyone.
Quote:

No, I think it has nothing to do with moderating...you are a human dwellar first, moderator second. This was between the Bruce the Dwellar and me.

We don't have to agree on this. You can think that there isn't some lop-sidedness to which cunts you think need calming down (wow, I'd hate to think what you might say if someone REALLY let you have it) and I can think that there is. Then again, most people will tip-toe as not to offend you...that is their MO. I don't live my life with such trickery. I don't need to. The way I re-read every post in your outline of what transpired: I still see it the way I saw it from the beginning.
I'm sure you do, for the reasons stated above. You don't have to tip-toe, I sure the fuck won't.

Shawnee123 01-16-2010 10:36 AM

Quote:

That's because every time some one disagrees with you, it's somehow a personal attack, and if you don't insult them into submission it's never because you're wrong, it's because you're female
No, THIS TIME I said that you were out of line with your calling of the cunts. This is all you have? It's not working.

Is cunt not a decidedly female thing to call a female dwellar? Where is this not connecting for you?

Sometimes people say things because it's the TRUTH.

xoxoxoBruce 01-16-2010 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SamIam (Post 627150)

You're perpetuating a myth, Sam, repeating it doesn't make it true.

Redux 01-16-2010 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce (Post 627164)
You don't have to tip-toe, I sure the fuck won't.

It is not a matter of tip-toeing, but rather being respectful of others who may have opinions with which you disagree.

Bruce, I'm not singling you out, but IMO, there is a demonstrable lack of respect around here on many occasions that emanates from some of the more conservative members when they are challenged.

xoxoxoBruce 01-16-2010 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redux (Post 627172)
It is not a matter of tip-toeing, but rather being respectful of others who may have opinions with which you disagree.

Bruce, I'm not singling you out, but IMO, there is a demonstrable lack of respect around here on many occasions that emanates from some of the more conservative members when they are challenged.

You already singled me out.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redux (Post 627132)
I certainly dont get the need for "cunt" references that fly around here when a few posters feel challenged. I think it is offensive and childish.'

A double standard? You got that right!

And so I can understand, what is a moderator supposed to do around here anyway?

In other moderated political forums in which I have participated, the name-calling and character assassination or a series of inane pictorial displays would be called out by the mods for what they are.

But I ignored it, because I don't fucking care how how you think the forum should operate.

TheMercenary 01-16-2010 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redux (Post 627172)

sniveling.

Redux 01-16-2010 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMercenary (Post 627174)
sniveling.

Thank you for making my point.

TheMercenary 01-16-2010 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redux (Post 627175)
Thank you for making my point.

More sniveling.

Redux 01-16-2010 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce (Post 627173)
You already singled me out.

When did I single you out?

Quote:

But I ignored it, because I don't fucking care how how you think the forum should operate.
Ok.

I think that is unfortunate. One would think that as a moderator, you would want to make this place more conducive to the exchange of ideas.

TheMercenary 01-16-2010 10:59 AM

We are exchanging ideas. I think you are a dick, and you think I am a dick. See how that works. And no I will not respect you in the morning.

Redux 01-16-2010 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMercenary (Post 627178)
We are exchanging ideas. I think you are a dick, and you think I am a dick. See how that works. And no I will not respect you in the morning.

And you think that is constructive?