The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What did you buy today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=22982)

Trilby 06-24-2010 05:41 PM

How bored are we when we are reading each others grocery lists?

and no dildos anywhere - what's happening to you people?

I may have to find another board...

sad_winslow 06-24-2010 06:36 PM

four sets of headphones on woot.com, and one 6" subway turkey and ham.
not very exciting, I know, but I'm coin-flipping on whether or not to splurge on a newly-discounted kindle, nook, or sony touch e-reader.

Chocolatl 06-24-2010 06:39 PM

Paint, brushes, rollers, etc. to paint one of the rooms in the house tomorrow morning after we pick up our keys

monster 06-24-2010 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brianna (Post 666175)
How bored are we when we are reading each others grocery lists?

and no dildos anywhere - what's happening to you people?

I may have to find another board...

you don't find my $10 goalie pads exciting? Hector is sat across from me right now, watching Thor play computer, in a bike helmet, roller blades, and the $10 ice hockey goalie pads. Which really need cleaning.

Aliantha 06-24-2010 08:38 PM

We just bought some braces for Mav's teeth.

We'll all be eating mashed potato for the next 6 months after paying the bill!

TheMercenary 06-24-2010 08:53 PM

More gas.

Iced tea, xlg, one each, to go.

Pico and ME 06-24-2010 09:46 PM

I got a room at the Marriot Orlando Airport Hotel for $50! I named my price at Priceline and got it. You could have knocked me over with a feather.

squirell nutkin 06-24-2010 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMercenary (Post 666089)
I have heard that Trader Joes is great store, but I have never been in one.

My MIL is always going there. The food is cheap and inexpensive. A lot of short dated product, eg aseptic packs of soymilk that have a shelf life of 4 years with a couple of months left on them. Rancid tortilla chips. great stuff, not.

She brought a bag of TJ's wild rice and it smelled like tree bark, was pale brown, broken and dusty, I put it next to the wild rice from the coop which was dark, nearly black, very shiny, unbroken and smelled like wild rice.

You get what you pay for at Trader Joes.

kerosene 06-24-2010 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shawnee123 (Post 666090)
I read this as revolving. I'm like "woohooo, that is some seriously FUN beef macaroni." :lol:

I read it and had instant heartburn. The old stomach can't take what it use to.

wanderer 06-25-2010 04:36 AM

Like a primitive ritual, I danced around inside the arcade shop. And finally spent 'my precious' bucks on some PC game DVD, yet again!:nuts:
Damn me!

bbro 06-25-2010 07:49 AM

Bought some gas and will be buying some alcoholic beverages later.

lumberjim 06-25-2010 11:11 AM

i stopped at Andy's produce stand and bought 2 big red tomatoes. I just had a tomato swammich. wish i'd brought an avocado.

monster 06-25-2010 11:38 AM

I tried to buy those Amazon UK books, but found my UK credit card expired last month, so now I have to hunt down the new one.

Pie 06-25-2010 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by squirell nutkin (Post 666241)
My MIL is always going there. The food is cheap and inexpensive. A lot of short dated product, eg aseptic packs of soymilk that have a shelf life of 4 years with a couple of months left on them. Rancid tortilla chips. great stuff, not.

She brought a bag of TJ's wild rice and it smelled like tree bark, was pale brown, broken and dusty, I put it next to the wild rice from the coop which was dark, nearly black, very shiny, unbroken and smelled like wild rice.

You get what you pay for at Trader Joes.

Bizarre. I've never gotten anything off/rancid from them; they are my suppliers of choice for coffee, meats, fish and grains. Their cheese section is tremendous and my husband won't eat any other cereal than theirs.

Very strange!

squirell nutkin 06-25-2010 04:15 PM

Maybe it's what my MIL buys, but seriously, everything I've tried from them is junk.