The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Home Base (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Trilby (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=28740)

xoxoxoBruce 03-21-2013 02:43 PM

Very nice, I think she'd approve.
The motorcycle reminded me of the first picture I saw of her.

Sundae 03-21-2013 02:57 PM

That was the sort of wonderful coincidence she would have approved of.
Before hoying off to Arran I bought two Kinder eggs, one for me and one for her. Mine was some sort of bird with long plastic tail "feathers". I let Diz mangle it.

The one I bought for Claudette got similarly mangled in my bag between Aylesbury-Luton-London-Glasow-Arran. Limey understood and kindly added another to her shopping. Oh, the mangled one contained a jigsaw. Complete pants.

So when we split the egg in our own kind of communion (one Bri would have wholly sanctioned) we were gratified to find something which related to her life. Claudette as an eternal youth, titties out, red hair, what-you-lookin-at attitude. Which is why we left the bike (and a shard of choc from each half.)

Damn. Not sure I'll ever be done crying for our never realised future.
There are so many things I saw for her eyes.

xoxoxoBruce 03-21-2013 03:09 PM

Ah, they're chocolate shards... brown and white... from Kinder. Perfect.
We can't buy them here, federal law... but I have a case coming.;)

Sundae 03-21-2013 03:23 PM

I sent Bri a Kinder Santa in her Christmas box. It was opened and smashed about by.
She said:
Quote:

my santa kinder held an adorably ridiculous gnomish figure that I have hung from my bulletin board (the one with your Yarmouth postcard!!) and I shall eat the Santa, too!
Quote:

I had the feeling customs DID indeed open my package and santa-I wasn't going to say but he was smashed and my kinder gift came out of his 'egg' suspiciously easily. they DID smash my santa. when I first saw the package I thought, "Oh, customs has got to it" and they must have. It was re-taped. those bastards! doesn't bother me, though, as he's still delish. and my gnome was still there!
I intended to send her prizes for the rest of her life, the shards were a token of my love for her.

BigV 03-21-2013 03:36 PM

I haven't the words, but the feelings are there. Thank you Sundae.

orthodoc 03-21-2013 06:35 PM

Thank you, Sundae.

richlevy 03-21-2013 08:00 PM

Very nice. I've always wanted to visit England myself and visit one of the stone sites. There are so many to choose from.

I remember the motorcycle picture. Bri was such a babe in it.

footfootfoot 03-21-2013 08:07 PM

I wish I'd saved it to my hard drive. (<-- heh heh heh he said hard drive)

But I bet my favorite truck scale repairman did. ;)

Gypsy 03-23-2013 07:22 AM

Thank you, Limy and Sundae, for the wonderful memorial to my sister. I think I feel her smiling. I would like nothing better than to come and see it sometime. I hope Limy is doing better. We are (sort of) coping here, but the sadness will never leave us.

classicman 03-24-2013 01:34 AM

:'( {{{HUGZ}}}

toranokaze 03-29-2013 09:23 PM

I just found out my deepest condolences to her family, friends and cellar family.

*mouring

bluecuracao 03-29-2013 10:47 PM

Oh no...this is very very sad news.

Taylor, Danny and Trillby's sis, I am so sorry to hear this about your dear mom and sister. I always loved reading what she had to say here and on Facebook...her sense of humor and way with words was just incredible.

wolf 03-30-2013 10:09 AM

Sundae and Limey, what a beautiful memorial!

To Trilby's Sister ... when she was first having her troubles at work, she shared them with me. I remember her being surprised that I didn't smack her and say, "bad nurse!" I was never sure, but I think some of those conversations led to her stepping up rather than trying to conceal what was happening.

I appreciated and supported her courage, and her unending interesting in the world, but she was too fond of Sylvia Plath. Regardless of what the ME ends up saying, I'm going with accidental in my heart. For one thing, she was overmedicating a pain so deep that observers, even close ones, can't understand. Second, I don't see her taking off without more clearly saying her piece, having the last word.

Sundae 03-30-2013 05:03 PM

Cheers, Wolf. We tried to do her justice.

Spoke to Trilby's sister tonight. Gosh, she sounds like her. And is kind and considerate and stable (I shouldn't sound surprised by that, but the lady just lost her sister. And the sister was Brianna.) Thanks darling.

jimhelm 04-25-2013 11:07 AM

I miss you, Bri.