The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Food and Drink (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Not-Such-A-Good-Idea Food Combos (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=7931)

monicakat 04-13-2005 11:04 PM

I love the regular saugase biscuit from McDonalds. Plain sausage and egg on a biscuit. And it's only $1. Yum.

chainsaw 04-14-2005 03:20 PM

I had a sausage biscuit from McD's once. Once. It had hard, boingy things in it. :vomit:
I’ll stick with a generic egg McMuffin with no ham and put my hash browns inside along with tons of ketchup. :thumb:

Back to the sweet/salty thing... Warm, salty, buttery popcorn with Raisinets sprinkled on top. The chocolate melts a little and makes a big mess, but man :yum: I can't have popcorn anymore, so if you try this, think of me.

melidasaur 04-14-2005 10:06 PM

Sausage Biscuit from BoJangles... now that hits the spot.

I hate eggs... they are the devil's food.

BigV 04-14-2005 10:49 PM

Raisinets. :hurl:

What a waste of good chocolate. Raisins, in my estimation, are merely grapes that couldn't make the wine cut.

wolf 04-15-2005 12:29 AM

That is the best description of raisins I have ever heard.

But I think I remember to establish that while I can eat raisins alone in small amounts, I can't abide having them in other foods.

I just put the chocolate on the popcorn directly. Or better still, have some commercial enterprise do it for me.

Mrs. Prindable's (the apple people) makes an awesome version, and Harry and David's Moose Munch is more than merely acceptable. And there's a picture of a nice moose on the package as a bonus.

chainsaw 04-15-2005 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wolf
and Harry and David's Moose Munch is more than merely acceptable.

OMG. I forgot about that. We got ONE package of it in a Christmas gift basket at work. I stole it. It was like nothing I've ever experienced. Time to make an online purchase.

wolf 04-16-2005 12:47 AM

Get some of the Royal Riviera Pears to go with it. You will not regret this. Besides, you'll save on shipping or something. They usually have some kind of a deal. The last time I ordered, I got to make a bonus order at 40 or 50% off.

Assuming you like pears.

staceyv 04-16-2005 10:21 AM

chainsaw- why can't you eat popcorn? did you get braces or something?

melidasaur 04-17-2005 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wolf
Get some of the Royal Riviera Pears to go with it. You will not regret this. Besides, you'll save on shipping or something. They usually have some kind of a deal. The last time I ordered, I got to make a bonus order at 40 or 50% off.

Assuming you like pears.

Every yeah, I ask for someone to enroll me in the Harry and David Fruit of the Month Club or just buy me a box of those pears. No one ever does. :(

breakingnews 04-17-2005 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chainsaw
I had a sausage biscuit from McD's once. Once. It had hard, boingy things in it. :vomit:
I’ll stick with a generic egg McMuffin with no ham and put my hash browns inside along with tons of ketchup. :thumb:

Fucking brilliant. I'm running to McDonald's as soon as ... I can eat food like that again. :mad2:

I'm dying to try one of those Burger King monstrosities. Any reports from the cardiac cath labs yet?

wolf 04-17-2005 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by melidasaur
Every yeah, I ask for someone to enroll me in the Harry and David Fruit of the Month Club or just buy me a box of those pears. No one ever does. :(

I also yearn for the Fruit of the Month Club.

They got fruits on there that they don't sell separately, and damn they look good.

I gave my sister the Pearsnapples gift box this year, and my mom got one of the towers. They know that I typically buy gifts for other people that I would like for myself, so hopefully one of them will get the hint for next year.

jaguar 04-17-2005 01:39 PM

I've been working for moving towards 2 days straight now, food supplies were getting a little low so dinner was most of a jar of pickled onions, a pork pie, an apple and some crackers. My digestive system is already lodging complaints. Do not tread this path.

mrnoodle 04-18-2005 01:13 PM

That actually kind of sounds good. They all complement each other to some extent. Of course, this comes from someone who, on Friday, grilled a fabulous salmon steak and chased it with (I didn't have anything else good to eat in the house) about half a bag of York peppermint patties.

Wasn't planning on making dinner that night, but the salmon was about to go off, and I couldn't stand the thought of throwing it out.

jaguar 04-18-2005 01:35 PM

Well balanced it works well done right, 2 high-bake watercrackers with a scoop of hommous each to 1 small slick of apple and half a small picked onion is bliss. The improviso version was not such a hit, far too much acid.

chainsaw 04-18-2005 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staceyv
chainsaw- why can't you eat popcorn? did you get braces or something?

Yes, I got braces, but I had to stop eating popcorn last August when I found out I have Crohn's disease. :( I can't eat anything fun anymore and I've gone from weighing 147 back in Aug down to 119 today. Stupid Crohn's. :rar: