The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's upsetting you today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=14114)

Carruthers 12-06-2015 05:18 AM

Just a quick update....

I had a chat with Sundae a few minutes ago and she expects to be discharged from hospital tomorrow (Monday 7th).

She's had a bit of a battering this week but things are moving in the right direction.

I hope that she'll be able to check in here in a couple of days to bring you all up to date.

DanaC 12-06-2015 05:37 AM

Not upsetting per se - more pissing me off - but I can't be arsed trying to find the other thread and this one popped up on New Posts.

The reason I can't be arsed looking is the reason I am posting. Phone and internet are suffering some sort of intermittent fault. They were down completely for a couple of hours yesterday and they were both down again when I got up this morning and didn't start working again until about 10:30. In betweemn the total outages every thing is a bit rocky. Phone calls have a lot of background hiss and my connection is cooky as hell.

I hate not having stable internet. It's been really quite well-behaved just lately and I got lulled into a false sense of security and then it remembered it's in a semi-rural Yorkshire village and reverted to type.

Actually, I think there's a problem at the exchange because a few other people are having problems and I can't get through to TalkTalk for love nor money because they are experiencing high call volumes. In theory I can go to their website and view current system problems and ongoing outtages across the network - but their site is a delicate flower and cannot load without the full trimmings of a stable connection.

#bottomrungfirstworldproblems

BigV 12-06-2015 02:19 PM

35-0

Then 35-7

There goes the shutout.

busterb 12-08-2015 05:59 PM

F!!@### paypal. Sis sent me a few bucks. Well it didn't show up. After all the Bs, I had to transfer it from their account to my bank. So they have been using that money for a few day. Which just might be big money over time.

anonymous 12-12-2015 06:02 PM

When you're really, really upset and you know no-one can help/definitely not the person in front of you, but someone bugs you to tell them anyway and eventually you think what do I have to lose? So you tell them and then they say back off like you have the plague

sexobon 12-12-2015 06:17 PM

Lump of coal for Christmas.

DanaC 12-13-2015 05:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anonymous (Post 948263)
When you're really, really upset and you know no-one can help/definitely not the person in front of you, but someone bugs you to tell them anyway and eventually you think what do I have to lose? So you tell them and then they say back off like you have the plague

Shit - that sounds rough.

Griff 12-13-2015 07:30 AM

yeah it does

classicman 12-14-2015 09:06 PM

Yikes. Hope it all works out.

BigV 12-14-2015 09:37 PM

I'm upset by people who park their cars illegally in handicapped spaces. Like the asshole right over there. I'm at the grocery store, and off work, no particular place to go, etc. It's a new Toyota Corolla, with standard license plates and no placard hanging from the rear view mirror, nor on the dash, nothing.

I'm just gonna sit here and wait for them to return to their car. I will make abundantly clear that he's parked illegally. I fucking hate it.

xoxoxoBruce 12-14-2015 09:43 PM

Don't assume it's a he. It could be someone who forgot to hang the placard or so old and feeble they couldn't hang it properly and it fell when they closed the door.

Just to be sure, shoot them on site... and steal their groceries. :lol2:

BigV 12-14-2015 09:53 PM

I don't really give a rip about their gender, it's just a common pronoun convention. I've seen female assholes do the same shit, so to speak.

As for being too feeble to hang the tag, fine maybe. But it's still illegal, even if they're entitled. How else is a vigilante like me supposed to tell the ass holes from the merely dumb asses?

xoxoxoBruce 12-14-2015 10:12 PM

Quote:

How else is a vigilante like me supposed to tell the ass holes from the merely dumb asses?
I told you...
Quote:

Just to be sure, shoot them on site... and steal their groceries.
OK, I misspell sight, sorry.

DanaC 12-15-2015 03:17 AM

Maybe they have mobility issues, but have not yet acquired the tag. Maybe they have mobility issues that aren't properly covered by the scheme. I know over here some people have struggled to get parking badges for stuff like ME or intermittently severe sciatica, or whilst recovering from injury.

They may need the space without being legally entitled to occupy it.

Or they're inconsiderate twats.

Difficult to say without knowing their story :P

glatt 12-15-2015 07:26 AM

Yeah, so who was it?