The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Parenting (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Funny/Embarrassing things they say (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=7842)

footfootfoot 08-11-2018 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Happy Monkey (Post 1013096)
Useless sign. It ought to have been a sign saying to clean any boats (or anything else that might collect plant matter) thoroughly before taking them to other lakes, so it doesn't get transplanted there as well.

Yes. We have "Rock snot" in the rivers around where I live. The signs are much clearer about what to do and not to do, vis-a-vis, shoes and water craft.

captainhook455 08-12-2018 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by footfootfoot (Post 1013266)
So far she hasn't doubted your existence.

I even told her my handle so she could research the unvarnished me before we started dating. It's been a little longer than a year that we've been going out. I guess what she read didn't scare her off.

She prolly has read some of my edumacated lines of wit and decided we are full of shit.

Griff 08-12-2018 08:33 AM

might want to lock down any boat threads

BigV 08-12-2018 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Griff (Post 1013310)
might want to lock down any boat threads

LMAO!

Gravdigr 08-14-2018 05:13 PM

Quite humorous.

monster 12-03-2018 07:17 PM

PoloGirl (College senior) is taking a dull, non-genius-level class to complete her ?science requirement for graduation. Something to do with the environment and people.... All other students are taking it for the same reason. She was telling me that the prof is clearly not used to having students who can write. He's set a homework that's a minimum 600 words, and told the class "don't worry if you're struggling, you can treat it as a series of long-answer questions and not string them together as an essay. Just start writing, you'll be amazed at how much you can actually write".

She said "my problem is getting it down to 600. I can't sneeze in less than 600 words". I larfed.

Gravdigr 12-04-2018 03:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monster (Post 1020089)
I can't sneeze in less than 600 words".

Sounds like a female to me.:lol2:

Gravdigr 12-04-2018 03:32 AM

Funny/Embarrassing things they say - From The Old Folks' Home Edition

Yeah I warped the thread, Precious. Turned it around even.

Popdigr went to visit Grandmadigr at the home (she'll be 101 in Feb:fingerx:) and she was in what would be the dayroom if it were a jail, and there was old Mrs. Doe sitting in a wheelchair beside her. Mrs. Doe was married to Mr. Doe, a preacher, for like 70-some odd years. Sweetest-looking li'l old lady you ever did see. One of the nurses was trying to get her to finish as much of her lunch as she could:

"Mrs. Doe can't ya get the rest of this Ensure down? You really need to finish it."

Mrs. Doe replied with, and I quote:

"Now look here you cock-sucking bitch, I told you I was done, and I'm done. Now get that shit away from me."

Popdigr said venom dripped from every word.

True Story™.:lol2:

Griff 12-04-2018 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monster (Post 1020089)
PoloGirl (College senior) is taking a dull, non-genius-level class to complete her ?science requirement for graduation. Something to do with the environment and people.... All other students are taking it for the same reason. She was telling me that the prof is clearly not used to having students who can write. He's set a homework that's a minimum 600 words, and told the class "don't worry if you're struggling, you can treat it as a series of long-answer questions and not string them together as an essay. Just start writing, you'll be amazed at how much you can actually write".

She said "my problem is getting it down to 600. I can't sneeze in less than 600 words". I larfed.

Ha!

Lil' Griff said the same thing (well not the sneezing bit) about the essay she wrote to get into grad school. There is such a range of expectations out there with some schools still asking so very little that you need to know your audience.

Clodfobble 12-04-2018 10:48 AM

But haven't you heard? EVERYONE should go to college!

Griff 12-04-2018 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clodfobble (Post 1020154)
But haven't you heard? EVERYONE should go to college!

My bass playing nephew dropped out of college to focus on his playing but is also apprenticing part-time as an electrician. He's smarter than most.

Undertoad 12-04-2018 01:31 PM

That's a great combination. I should have done it.

At least a third of bar gigs have questionable power available for you. "Everybody plug into this outlet"

One outdoor place a few years ago handed us a single, very frayed extension cable for everything

Griff 12-04-2018 05:38 PM

:hedfone::shock:

xoxoxoBruce 12-05-2018 12:45 AM

My buddy has 8 full time plumbers working for him, each one gets a van, tools and gas. None went to college, one is a convicted felon due to a youthful indiscretion. They all work unsupervised most of the time, make 6 figures a year, and will never be unemployed unless they want to.

Another thing is most of the trades people are at least 40, more likely 50 to 60ish and nobody coming up to replace them.

Griff 12-05-2018 06:50 AM

Robots will not be plumbing old houses any time soon.