The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Cellar Dreamin' (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=13657)

Clodfobble 12-30-2008 05:52 PM

Is that "before sale" heading just a ranking of priorities, or are you going to move, Tony?

Edit: Oh, nevermind. I hadn't caught up to the "What's Upsetting You Today?" thread. I hope things get better soon. :(

Shawnee123 12-31-2008 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flint (Post 517650)
Holy Hell--I just read Griff's post without realizing what thread I'm in.

I did the same thing! :lol:

Griff 12-31-2008 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Undertoad (Post 517672)
- Complete siding replacement needed,

Isn't the old siding T-111? I wonder what kind of 4x8 sheet stuff is available...

Undertoad 12-31-2008 09:06 AM

It is - I don't know much about if it's possible to partly do it.

Shawnee123 01-05-2009 07:41 AM

I was at a hotel, like I would be for a conference or something, and waiting for the down elevator. The door opens and dude walks out, after saying goodbye to the woman left in the elevator. I thought "that guy looks like SteveDallas!" I recognized him from his pics, but didn't want to say something and be wrong. So the elevator doors shut, and I turn around and call out "Hey, do you know how to get to the basement?"

I guess I was being clever with the basement in case it wasn't him. Alas, he must have turned down a hallway because when I turned to call he was not there.

Silly, but it made me laugh.

SteveDallas 01-05-2009 09:22 AM

In a similar situation I have said, "Hey, isn't that Bob Smith?" just loudly enough for the subject to hear and jerk his head around when he recognized his name. It helped that my daughter was with me, so I could direct the question to her, but I suppose you could just say it.

Sundae 01-05-2009 09:29 AM

LOL Shawnee - shy in your dreams :comfort:
Me, I spend half the time thinking, "That's weird, I wonder if this is a dream?" and the other hoping it's not - like the ones where I find money, or another floor in the house, or realise I still have a car.

Shawnee123 01-05-2009 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sundae Girl (Post 519139)
LOL Shawnee - shy in your dreams :comfort:
Me, I spend half the time thinking, "That's weird, I wonder if this is a dream?" and the other hoping it's not - like the ones where I find money, or another floor in the house, or realise I still have a car.

heeheee...being one of extremes, I can be really shy or really outgoing, depending (on what, I'm not sure.) :)

I've had a few dreams I wish were real when I woke up: the time I was in a space capsule, and the ones I have where I discover there are hidden rooms that lead to other hidden rooms; I keep discovering more rooms and it's so cool...sometimes I have to crawl up beams to find more passages. I wake up and I'm like "well damn...that was one cool place."

Cicero 01-05-2009 02:38 PM

That's funny because I thought I saw SteveDallas the other day but knew it wasn't possible. Maybe I was wishing too much. ;)

He was sitting right across from me and I couldn't stop thinking...omg. That looks like Sleeve!

Shawnee123 01-06-2009 07:39 AM

Sleeve is everywhere! Have you seen Superman and Sleeve in the same place at the same time...ever? Well have you? Uh huh...your secret is out, SleeveMan.

Flint 01-06-2009 08:17 AM

When my alarm goes off, and I start hitting snooze, in my mind it's never clear exactly what is happening. The noise, the action of hitting the button, are associated with some greater, complex plot.

Each time I hit the button, the story advances a little--something is becoming increasingly urgent. But it isn't clear exactly what that is.

This morning, for whatever reason, the noise and button-pushing were somehow associated with...

...lumberjim taking his kids and skipping town to go live in the woods. . . . W T F

lumberjim 01-06-2009 10:29 AM

I get that all the time.

seriously though, I have the same experience with the snooze button....

often it is work related in some way. OR It becomes a trigger for having the same segment of a dream over and over and over.

Pie 01-06-2009 12:53 PM

I rarely remember my dreams...
except the one where 747s kept crashing into my childhood home because of some weird antenna my father hooked up to the stereo system. The antenna looked more like a length of dryer hose than anything.

And no one would listen to my Cassandra-like cries.

Flint 01-13-2009 08:39 AM

I dreamt about this guy. The doppleganger, specifically, not richlevy. He had that closed-off, unresponsive look on his face. As he sat in my living room (which wasn't my real living room) in a horrific, colorful christmas sweater. I tried to talk to him about the sweater, but he was like a brick wall.

Then, there were these shoes that I got off the display on the wall (like a shoe store) that had all this heavy fur on them, and a section with bunched-up elastic that I determined could be pulled all the way around, wrapped inside the other side of the shoe, and attached with one of those flat hooks that fasten dress pants. Pretty cool design, actually.

Doppleganger was not impressed by the shoes.

Clodfobble 01-14-2009 03:29 PM

Last night I dreamt that Lookout123 had been screwed out of about $1500 by some gang members he had an otherwise legitimate business deal with. To get back at them, he was selling them a property he owned for roughly the same price--except the secret was, the government was going to demolish it shortly in an eminent domain claim with no compensation. The property was a three-story building: the top floor was a bunch of really ghetto apartments, the middle floor was entirely lookout's personal living space, and the bottom floor was a barber shop run by Eddie Murphy.