The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What Do You Have Mixed Feelings About Today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=26136)

Sundae 11-25-2011 10:49 AM

If I hadn't moved back in with my parents I would be dead.
Despite the fact we often rub eachother up the wrong way, I know my Mum would rather have me living here than scattering my ashes.

SamIam 11-29-2011 02:31 PM

The owner of the Bates Motel is giving me a 40 hr/wk schedule with Sundays off. WOW! Even though its minimum wage, at least its full time work, so its a step in the right direction. However, this pretty much means no one expects Carmen to recover enough to return. :( I will miss her.

Lamplighter 12-06-2011 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lamplighter (Post 772804)
Comcast just raised our rates $85 a year for basic TV and simplest ISP
My mixed feelings are:
anger at Comcast
rage at Comcast
curiosity about alternative sources
regret we have too many trees for dish TV
questioning whether we really need TV
anxiety over whether we really need ISP
fatigue over too much worry about $ for entertainment
apologetic for cussing out loud

First step accomplished - Quest / CenturyLink is now new our internet provider

FWIW, they offered $19.95 per month for 5 yrs when pkged with phone
It turned out that their "unlimited phone" was only $7 more than
our existing phone service, so we those two $ are nailed down for a while.
Now I get to go through and change my email addresses. :yelsick:

:nuts: to Comcast Internet @ $44+ per month

BigV 12-06-2011 06:35 PM

Someone very dear to me has disappeared.

I think I know where they are, I think they're ok. But it's been a while since I've seen them, and I'm ... concerned.

Aliantha 12-06-2011 07:40 PM

Yesterday I found out that my big boy's father has been slapping his new wife around and she's thinking about leaving him. I feel angry and sad about this because I really thought he might have learned his lesson by now. I feel sorry for his baby daughter and I'm concerned that the boys will have another sibling they'll never get to know properly (not that there's been much movement in that area anyway).

BigV 12-06-2011 07:57 PM

Fuck!

Be concerned they see/hear of this happening, not just for the sibling angle. I'm continuously aware that I'm being observed, warts and all. At least they're not seeing me slap anyone around.

Because that is not acceptable. Period.

Aliantha 12-06-2011 09:24 PM

They haven't seen him for over a year V. He lives in NZ. Have you missed all my bitchy posts about the situation with him over the last couple of months?

ZenGum 12-06-2011 11:57 PM

Hmmmmm.

Even if he doesn't lay a finger on your boys, for them to be exposed to that environment is NOT good. Even if the X doesn't lay a finger on the new wife while the boys are there, the atmosphere will be tense, bullying, scary. Psychological bullying hurts and damages too.

Hmmmmm.

No doubt you'll call the lads regularly while they're over there, and I think they're old enough to bale out if it is clear they should. Recognising that they should is the bit I'm less confident about.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Aliantha 12-07-2011 02:43 AM

They're not going now Zen.

Doesn't anyone read my posts around here? lol

DucksNuts 12-07-2011 03:30 AM

I do!! Proof - I noticed Mav has a girlfriend!!

I have mixed feelings about the Geordie with the big willy (I have no mixed feelings about THAT), he says I dont reply to his text messages....well, when I say "where are you spending Xmas?" and you reply "Dunno"....there's not much more I can add to that conversation, I'd have to start up a whole new one and I cant get fagged!

Open ended questions are good, leaving me somewhere to go with your replies is good.

Otherwise I dont want to play.

Aliantha 12-07-2011 03:40 AM

Ummm...it's Aden with the g/f. lol

But at least you're paying more attention than Zen. hehe

DucksNuts 12-07-2011 03:56 AM

hahaha - thats funny. My brain sucks today.

Its dealing with the Wednesday crowd at the Op shop.

Aliantha 12-07-2011 03:58 AM

Just today?

DucksNuts 12-07-2011 04:04 AM

Yeah just today, usually its quite helpful and informative.

Aliantha 12-07-2011 04:11 AM

Mine seems to be on a constant go slow lately. I think I've inhaled too much rum and brandy during the course of the Christmas cooking. lol