The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Current Events (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Obama: "I'm ready to negotiate with you, Iran." Iran: "Fuck you." (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=19488)

tw 02-25-2009 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aliantha (Post 538906)
Well I think you might have had about half right there tw.

Anyone reason completely justifies his comments. Meanwhile, criticizing without reasons why state that you really cannot disagree but choose to anyway.

You have a problem with any one? Then say why or waste bandwidth. Which one is wrong ... and why?

Aliantha 02-25-2009 09:15 PM

Well 4 and the second 5 weren't very valid. Just gratuitous insults on your behalf really.

Yeah yeah, I'm sure there was no emotion involved on your part. If so, stop making emotive comments.

You would have had a much better post without that BS in there.

classicman 02-25-2009 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tw (Post 538904)
1) Because he has the right to defined by the Constitution and as an honorary member of the Academy.
2) Because he has further earned the right to by his accomplishments and respect of his peers.
3) Because that is the principle behind the movie.
4) Because his opinions have more validity than yours.
5) Because he is doing what is his job - promoting the movie.
5) Because far more people are interested in his opinions and few are interested in yours.
6) Because if you don't like it, then you could have changed the channel.
7) Because principles that make America great were defined in his speech.
8) Because those who promote hate would so dislike his comments as to divulge the hate that they champion.

Just a few reasons that justify his comments.

Well isn't that special? Looks like Tommy gets an F in math this week. Cannot even count to 7 correctly.

Oh and I think the bold ones would be proof that you are attacking the poster and not the post. Something we all know only a wacko extremist like tw would do.

He was just one example and whether I agree or disagree with his opinions is irrelevant. The overall point was of the argument, as usual, missed by tw - again.

Aliantha 02-25-2009 09:33 PM

number two five. ;)

Undertoad 02-25-2009 09:53 PM

Because if you don't like it, then you could have changed the channel.

Ratings were up for the first time in years. The trend is that people have been tuning away from it.

sugarpop 02-28-2009 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by classicman (Post 538705)
Nothing - keep it to that - all of them. I used him as the latest example and perhaps a poor one. Oh well.
Take the award say thank and go away. I don't think its right for them to use that setting to espouse their political beliefs. Put it on a blog.

That would be akin to me talking politics to every client I speak to, or when someone calls in for IT help, or the pizza delivery guy or your auto mechanic...

No, it isn't really the same thing at all. It is an award show for industry people. While it may be broadcast to the masses, it is still an industry show awarding excellence in that industry. And most of the people in that industry happen to support gay rights, which is partly what the movie was about. See the difference? ;)

classicman 03-01-2009 12:17 AM

Not really - If it weren't for the tv ad revenue the awards, I don't think they would even exist.

sugarpop 03-01-2009 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by classicman (Post 539753)
Not really - If it weren't for the tv ad revenue the awards, I don't think they would even exist.

Of course they would. Most industries have events like this where they honor their "stars" or best producers, best workers, etc. The reason why they broadcast it is because it is the entertainment industry, and a lot of people want to see it, because to them it is entertainment. They want to see stars. (And of course, it helps promote their product.)

Undertoad 03-01-2009 01:27 PM

Hollywood: "We, the correct-thinking people of Hollywood, are ready to meet with your cultural elites on a completely private initiative for educational and creative exchange and with no political agenda."

Iran: "Fuck you."

Quote:

"(Iranian) cinema officials will only have the right to have official sessions with... Hollywood movie makers when they apologise to the Iranians for their 30 years of insults and slanders," Javad Shamaghdari said.

"The Iranian people and our revolution has been repeatedly unjustly attacked by Hollywood," he said, citing '300' and recent Oscar nominated movie 'The Wrestler' as among offending films.

In 2007, the war epic '300', a smash hit in the United States for its gory portrayal of the Greco-Persian wars, drew the wrath of Iranians for showing their ancestors as bloodthirsty.

TheMercenary 03-01-2009 01:41 PM

UT that is hairlarious. :lol2:

classicman 03-01-2009 04:14 PM

:notworthy

tw 03-01-2009 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Undertoad (Post 539921)
Iran: Fuck you.

Which proves that all Americans also want to nuke Iran because Cheney said so. Amazing how wackos become the opinion of all others.

Next paragraph will tell us how god is on our side.

sugarpop 03-02-2009 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tw (Post 539996)
Next paragraph will tell us how god is on our side.

Don't all religious people think God is on "their" side?

classicman 03-02-2009 10:59 PM

You mean he isn't. Shit! then I'm really fooked.

Happy Monkey 03-03-2009 11:58 AM

Ia! Ia! Cthulhu F'thagn, P'nglui M'wagalnath R'lyeh... Ia! Ia! Shub-Niggurath!