The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Politics (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Roger Ebert writes an open letter to Rush Limbaugh (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=21881)

Nirvana 01-16-2010 11:01 AM

An asshole is an asshole and it does not matter whether its left, right or in the middle. Some just don't recognize their assholiness, but that is no reason for someone to be rude when pointing it out. :)

TheMercenary 01-16-2010 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redux (Post 627180)
And you think that is constructive?

I just don't care what you think.

xoxoxoBruce 01-16-2010 11:02 AM

When have you not been allowed to state your opinion, or read other's opinions?

TheMercenary 01-16-2010 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nirvana (Post 627181)
An asshole is an asshole and it does not matter whether its left right or in the middle. Some just don't recognize their assholiness, but that is no reason for someone to be rude when pointing it out. :)

You are right. I completely recognized my assholiness to Redux. And I sleep well at night.

Redux 01-16-2010 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce (Post 627183)
When have you not been allowed to state your opinion, or read other's opinions?

Never...but that wasnt my point.

Perhaps I was not clear.

IMO, the level of discourse often deteriorates to personal attacks and character assassination and there are several people who are never called out on it.

Let me be even more clear...I'm not offended when it happens to me, which is quite often. I dont take anything directed at me seriously, but IMO, as Shawnee noted, there is a double standard.

jinx 01-16-2010 11:10 AM

So call people out on what you have a problem with - why do you need Bruce to hold your hand?

Redux 01-16-2010 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jinx (Post 627187)
So call people out on what you have a problem with - why do you need Bruce to hold your hand?

Sigh.

That is not my point, either.

I dont need hand-holding and I have called people out. I can get in the gutter with the best of them. I would prefer not to.

But I am trying to address the issue of how to raise the level of discourse, and I include myself and my "contributions" to the discussion..... if anyone cares.

TheMercenary 01-16-2010 11:14 AM

So you want to raise the "level of discourse" to the point of where everyone agrees with your propaganda. I get it. Go to a forum where everyone agrees with you or is easily fooled by the BS you post.

Redux 01-16-2010 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMercenary (Post 627190)
So you want to raise the "level of discourse" to the point of where everyone agrees with your propaganda. I get it. Go to a forum where everyone agrees with you or is easily fooled by the BS you post.

See..that is exactly what I mean...twisting my words to suit yourself. You know that is not what I said.

It is not a matter of agreeing with me, but a matter of respecting others opinions and defending your own positions and opinions w/o making it personal.

TheMercenary 01-16-2010 11:20 AM

Like I said, just go somewhere where you want people to play by your rules. I know, start your own forum. I am sure that you will get a lot of people to come and agree with your talking points.

xoxoxoBruce 01-16-2010 11:21 AM

What the fuck are you talking about? Who gets called out? Are you calling someone out? The only people I call out, are the ones that attack me.

I know you want the forum to be strictly controlled, so it reads like a panel discussion or something. Those panel discussions are not really discussions, they are just listing talking points in turn, all nice and neat. That ain't happening here.

jinx 01-16-2010 11:21 AM

You're full of shit redux. I called you out on your "most people agree with me not you merc" bullshit, which is a dishonest debate tactic and you immediately declared I was a merc groupie conservative. You're the worst one at everything you bitch about.

Redux 01-16-2010 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMercenary (Post 627193)
Like I said, just go somewhere where you want people to play by your rules. I know, start your own forum. I am sure that you will get a lot of people to come and agree with your talking points.

Nope...bullies like you always want those to expose you for what you are to go somewhere else. I'm not that easily bullied.

I'll continue to expose you as the partisan hack that you are and the so-called "facts" that you espouse that are nothing more than wingnut talking points. :D

Redux 01-16-2010 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jinx (Post 627195)
You're full of shit redux. I called you out on your "most people agree with me not you merc" bullshit, which is a dishonest debate tactic and you immediately declared I was a merc groupie conservative. You're the worst one at everything you bitch about.

On nol

Now I have been "jinxed" :eek:

I guesss that means more gutter sniping.....bring it on!

I promise I wont call you a "cunt" under any circumstances. Not my style :)

xoxoxoBruce 01-16-2010 11:25 AM

Way to raise the level of discourse.