The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Politics (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   The Obamanation (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=19310)

classicman 03-20-2009 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redux (Post 547326)
Who is putting aside the issue of transparency?

Apparently Obama
Quote:

We are not making this up:

Barack Obama was elected commander in chief promising to run the most transparent presidential administration in American history.

This achievement and the overall promise of his historic administration caused the National Newspaper Publishers Assn. to name him "Newsmaker of the Year."

The president is to receive the award from the federation of black community newspapers in a White House ceremony this afternoon.

The Obama White House has closed the press award ceremony to the press.

From the president's official schedule:

"Later in the afternoon, the President and the First Lady will attend a reception with the National Newspaper Publisher Association in the State Dining Room, where they will be presented the Newsmaker of the Year award. This event is closed press."
More than anything I find this humorous.

Redux 03-20-2009 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by classicman (Post 547487)
Apparently Obama

More than anything I find this humorous.

LOL..I do see the irony of a press award event being closed to the press.

But a "closed to the press" social event hardly rises to the level of an issue of transparency in government policy making.

classicman 03-20-2009 03:20 PM

It was supposed to be humorous - shoulda used a smilie

sugarpop 03-20-2009 03:28 PM

It's the gun people trying to freak everyone out by claiming Obama wants to take away the 2nd ammendment and their guns. waaaaa

TheMercenary 03-20-2009 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sugarpop (Post 547507)
It's the gun people trying to freak everyone out by claiming Obama wants to take away the 2nd ammendment and their guns. waaaaa

You doubt that? Or you just agree with them?

sugarpop 03-20-2009 03:55 PM

I think radical gun advocates overreact. I equate them with ecoterrorists, on the other side of the spectrum.

Shawnee123 03-20-2009 04:02 PM

Again, let's ignore the fact that the "editorial" was grossly misinterpreted. Even within that, the only thing the author points to as a threat to pilots and their guns is this:

Quote:

The Obama administration this past week diverted some $2 million from the pilot training program to hire more supervisory staff, who will engage in field inspections of pilots.
OK, and that means...?

The selective stupidity here is sometimes amazing, full of hope for non-hope, and blinding in its sheer clarity.

TheMercenary 03-20-2009 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sugarpop (Post 547528)
I think radical gun advocates overreact. I equate them with ecoterrorists, on the other side of the spectrum.

Really? They are burning down car dealerships and multi-thousand dollar homes to make their point? I haven't seen that. Where? /sarc

TheMercenary 03-20-2009 04:35 PM

The early entertainment value. Let the count begin. Biden/Obama Gafes. I guess this was started by his latest dig at children with mental disabilities. Good one. Not.

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/toby_ha...and_joe_biden_

lookout123 03-20-2009 04:45 PM

That was a stupid throwaway comment that deserves no attention or ridicule. Just like most of the comments that resulted in days of skewering Bush.

classicman 03-20-2009 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sugarpop (Post 547528)

You mean people like - - - - you?:eyebrow:

TGRR 03-21-2009 01:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sugarpop (Post 547507)

Not much of an admirer of the bill of rights, are we?

TheMercenary 03-22-2009 07:06 PM

HOW OBAMA GETS THINGS DONE
By Neal Boortz @ March 19, 2009 8:22 AM

Quote:

Does Barack Obama really think that he can push all of his dreams and schemes through Congress? The answer is yes. And when it comes to government healthcare, global warming initiatives and increasing taxes, he wants to make sure that there is no way the Republicans can stop him. How is he going to do this? By including these policy provisions in the annual budget. Then they can use a parliamentary procedure called reconciliation. Basically what that means is that the Democrats wouldn't have to worry about gaining Republican support in the Senate .. because reconciliation reduces the number of votes needed to pass legislation to a simple majority (which the Democrats clearly have in the Senate). It also limits debate to no more than 20 hours and imposes restrictions on amendments. So we are talking about less than 20 hours on the floor of the Congress would be devoted to such grandiose plans as government healthcare and cap and trade schemes.

TGRR 03-22-2009 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMercenary (Post 548291)
HOW OBAMA GETS THINGS DONE
By Neal Boortz @ March 19, 2009 8:22 AM

Boortz.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

TheMercenary 03-22-2009 07:12 PM

Isn't he great! :lol: He nails the bastids every time. I love it.