The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Philosophy (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   The Blasphemy Challenge (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=13469)

Elspode 03-14-2007 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wolf (Post 321209)
I do not presume, however, to restrict your, or anyone else's public expression of your religion. I am not in any way harmed by the posting of the Ten Commandments on the courthouse wall, nor am I offended by a nativity in the public square. One person wears a cross, another a pentacle, yet another a crescent. So what?

I agree in principle. Now, go down to the courthouse and try to erect a big pentacle with the Charge of the Goddess or the Rede on it. Let me know how that works out for you. :D

The question isn't freedom of religion, or even freedom *from* religion. The question is equal access to all religions or absences thereof.

HungLikeJesus 03-14-2007 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HungLikeJesus (Post 322870)
Yes. I'm sorry - I meant to say: religion equals +-(:-) and :behead: and :apistola: and :skull: and :reaper: and :dead: and :scream: and :fsm: , except that my finger slipped.

Did anyone get that this: +-(:-) was supposed to be a pope? I couldn't find a pope smiley. This is the closest that I could find: :biggrindu:

SteveDallas 03-14-2007 04:49 PM

Y'all need to pardon me. I ignore almost 100% of religious combat threads. I checked out this one because of UT's Hall of Fame nomination. I haven't read 90% of the posts.
Quote:

Originally Posted by wolf (Post 321209)
I do not presume, however, to restrict your, or anyone else's public expression of your religion. I am not in any way harmed by the posting of the Ten Commandments on the courthouse wall, nor am I offended by a nativity in the public square.

Fair enough... does it bother you when such displays are funded with [your] tax dollars?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Undertoad (Post 321712)
There's a cloyingly sweet little tale that's almost universal... in response to a child asking, if there's Mother's Day and Father's Day, why isn't there a Children's Day? And the parent replies, Every day is Children's Day.

Well, UT, you should have been in the car when my daughter asked this one. I guess I'm not a good parent, because I didn't say "every day." Instead, I asked her what kind of holiday Children's Day was. She explained to me how all children over the age of 7 would be pampered and showered with every imaginable gift and reward. She also spent a considerable amount of time detailing the torments and suffering that Children's Day would bring to those persons under the age of 4. (They are, presumably, not considered actual "children." I'm sure I don't need to tell you how old the kids were at the time. I'm afraid she still hasn't forgiven the boy for being born and, Copernicus-like, removing her from the center of the universe.)

rkzenrage 03-14-2007 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elspode (Post 323068)
I agree in principle. Now, go down to the courthouse and try to erect a big pentacle with the Charge of the Goddess or the Rede on it. Let me know how that works out for you. :D

The question isn't freedom of religion, or even freedom *from* religion. The question is equal access to all religions or absences thereof.

I would prefer an alter of Kali & willing sacrifice as is my right under the first amendment as religious conservatives interpret it.

capnhowdy 03-15-2007 08:29 PM

I denounce this goddam thread and the hayseus it rode in on. Just jokin', folks ... roll widdit.

piercehawkeye45 03-15-2007 08:57 PM

When are you planning on making your video rkzenrage?

rkzenrage 03-15-2007 10:32 PM

As soon as I am well enough to set up my office and equipment. This has not been a good month.
Just got done with another set of tests for a new Dr.

Happy Monkey 03-26-2007 03:25 PM

A defense of the Blasphemy Challenge.

rkzenrage 03-26-2007 04:05 PM

BTW, Google/YT banned their acct and removed all their videos from the channel.
They were smart and the BC is on a separate channel and still on YouTube. I really need to make mine. I have a pride problem and need to get over it.
An issue with people who do not know me seeing me for the first time when I am in a lot of pain and this has been a rough month.
Perhaps tonight or tomorrow. I need my wife or someone to help me set-up. I cannot get to everything alone.
Being like this sucks... especially when reminded that some think that I don't even deserve to live. Been a while since I have heard that one. It never gets old.

KGZotU 03-26-2007 11:57 PM

rkzenrage,

Though we have differing inclinations, we have come into this world to work together. It's unfortunate that others have forgotten righteousness in dealing with you. I wish you well.

--Joe

rkzenrage 03-26-2007 11:59 PM

Thanks. I have overreacted to a common political statement that I tend to take personally. I'm getting over it.
I do appreciate your sentiment Joe, it was well timed, meant and needed.
I'm not usually this sensitive... this has been a long week.

rkzenrage 04-02-2007 04:52 PM

This was weird for me, in quite a bit of pain and my first upload.
It is a little known fact that most actors are actually quite shy and I have a real issue with being seen while in pain. I have been promising myself that I would do this for some time.
I know I said Ra twice, screw it... one take.

I also posted some introduction videos.

piercehawkeye45 04-02-2007 10:35 PM

Good job.

It had a lot of emotion to it.

TheMercenary 04-03-2007 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HungLikeJesus (Post 323077)
Did anyone get that this: +-(:-) was supposed to be a pope? I couldn't find a pope smiley. This is the closest that I could find: :biggrindu:

They look about the same to me. One uses black magic, the other uses white magic. :D

Toymented 04-04-2007 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rkzenrage (Post 329773)
I know I said Ra twice, screw it... one take.

Bravo :notworthy