The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Home Base (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Sundae (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=32319)

footfootfoot 12-04-2016 05:06 PM

I was thinking it might be nice to create a collection of Sundae's best posts, or our favorites, and include them. The appropriate ones, I think. Although, remembering the whole Zengum and his mom debacle, maybe calling greater attention to her online presence might not be something she'd want.

Just a thought, something along the lines of how much she meant to us.

Elspode 12-04-2016 05:17 PM

How about the Dwellars picture LJ made many years ago? And perhaps a Cellar mug? Is that design still reproduceable?

infinite monkey 12-04-2016 05:28 PM

Prayer plants are nice in that regard.

Count me in, i want to help. :sniff:

Pamela 12-04-2016 05:32 PM

Damn, I got behind and just saw the bad news.

Farewell Sundae, but only for a little while. We will meet again. For my part, tears are being shed. I also will donate for a gift or whatever.

I think I shall dye my hair some bright color in her memory.

limey 12-04-2016 05:37 PM

These are my thoughts at this point:
The Cellar is a warm and amazing community that I feel honoured to be a part of, and an example of how the internet can bring people together in the best of ways. I have no wish to frustrate anyone's desire to express their respects to Sundae through a gift or gesture to her mum.
A plant and, if there is an amount left over, a request to Sundae's mum about what she would like to do with the money is the most sensitive way to handle this, in the U.K.
An anonymous cash gift would be very difficult to arrange, potentially upsetting for Sundae's mum, and I think Carruthers and I would be fending off questions about it from the recipient in no time.
Drawing family attention to Sundae's presence online is probably not wise , but personal memories from Dwellars, of letters and kindnesses received, of smiles and witty writing and a warm presence remembered would be treasured for years to come.

Sent by magic.

infinite monkey 12-04-2016 05:42 PM

Of course, limey. I feel like i will defer to what you carefully consider to be best. Whatever we can do with the most grace and thoughtfulness...

It just doesn't even seem real right now, to me.

xoxoxoBruce 12-04-2016 05:42 PM

I think her Mum is well aware of Sundae's heavy involvement with the Cellar, so she'll know what's up with anything she receives signed Cellar.

Lola Bunny 12-04-2016 05:47 PM

What Limey suggests sounds good.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G850A using Tapatalk

xoxoxoBruce 12-04-2016 05:50 PM

Of course, she knows the customs of the natives. :D

sexobon 12-04-2016 05:50 PM

I concur with limey's assessment for a collective effort.

Quote:

Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce (Post 975443)
I think the surplus should go to Mum's favorite booze, she could probably use some. I don't know what that is but I remember Sundae mentioned it in one of her posts.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sundae (Post 949287)
Mum:
- Raspberry Schapps with glitter, for when the girls come round ...

Perhaps, since it's something Sundae would give her.

Quote:

Originally Posted by footfootfoot (Post 975449)
I was thinking it might be nice to create a collection of Sundae's best posts, or our favorites, and include them. The appropriate ones, I think. ...

That would be more for us than her mum. Sundae has probably already shared with her mother everything she wanted shared around the time that they happened. If she wanted mum prompted to see more, she would have left mum her password to make it easy.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elspode (Post 975451)
... perhaps a Cellar mug? Is that design still reproduceable?

That would be a nice memento, if it's even possible.

lumberjim 12-04-2016 06:30 PM

The final collage is there in the thread. I'd have to do some digging to find the one of her individually. But I'll do it, if that's what we want to do.

Count me in for anything.

orthodoc 12-04-2016 06:40 PM

Thank you for your guidance on this, limey. I would like to contribute toward a floral arrangement or plant. Is there an address to which a personal note could be sent?

Elspode 12-04-2016 07:17 PM

I agree that Limey would know best how to proceed.

monster 12-04-2016 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce (Post 975443)
I think the surplus should go to Mum's favorite booze, she could probably use some. I don't know what that is but I remember Sundae mentioned it in one of her posts.

I disagree FWIW. Given the problems Sundae had with booze and that when she was off the sauce she boozed vicariously through her parents...... I'm sure I don't need to elucidate further.

I have been gone some time from the motherland, but I believe the norm (and therefore appreciated thing) would be a floral contribution -if not specified "no flowers please" then a donation of any further funds to charities suggested by the family. Which I think is in concurrence with what Limey suggested. Sorry if I'm repeating, I find this thread hard to read.

xoxoxoBruce 12-04-2016 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monster (Post 975469)
I disagree FWIW. Given the problems Sundae had with booze and that when she was off the sauce she boozed vicariously through her parents...... I'm sure I don't need to elucidate further.

What does Sundae's drinking problem have to do with her mother now?

Quote:

I have been gone some time from the motherland, but I believe the norm (and therefore appreciated thing) would be a floral contribution -if not specified "no flowers please" then a donation of any further funds to charities suggested by the family.
I strongly disagree with distributing to charities. Mum has a huge expense dropped in her lap, and I want to help with that. It may not be standard custom, but she should understand the actions of those bloody colonials are to be forgiven.