The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's mildly amusing you today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=20235)

Happy Monkey 07-01-2015 03:16 PM

I wonder if there's a component of rugged electrical components* that attract ants, or if they just thought it was a convenient unoccupied hole.

* referencing this, plus the discussion of ants in the AC unit elsewhere.

xoxoxoBruce 07-01-2015 03:33 PM

Yeah, I remember that. I'm curious whether they moved in and made all those eggs during the maybe 18 hours in the mailbox, or took up housekeeping somewhere along the way?

DanaC 07-01-2015 04:18 PM

Inf - fucking A, grrl. Delighted for you.

@bruce - 'malice aforethought' :p Though that line still made me chuckle.

xoxoxoBruce 07-01-2015 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanaC (Post 932388)
@bruce - 'malice aforethought' :p

See, you are the establishment now. :p:

Griff 07-02-2015 06:24 AM

Soy based plastics? Mice apparently like them.

Gravdigr 07-02-2015 03:25 PM

Telephone company guys here used to carry ant killing spray. Idk if they still do. Those little olive green switch boxes you see beside the road are often jam packed with ants. Around here, anyway.

Clodfobble 07-03-2015 08:06 AM

I don't know about ants, but I watched an extermination reality show once (a schadenfreude thing like Hoarders) where the guy said cockroaches are massively attracted to electronics. He showed a woman's cordless phone that was covered in cockroach poo.

Griff 07-03-2015 09:14 AM

Pete and I have the day off from work but both girls have to go in.

footfootfoot 07-03-2015 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clodfobble (Post 932470)
I don't know about ants, but I watched an extermination reality show once (a schadenfreude thing like Hoarders) where the guy said cockroaches are massively attracted to electronics. He showed a woman's cordless phone that was covered in cockroach poo.

I have a buddy who works for Orkin. I'll have to ask him about it.

Undertoad 11-11-2015 10:08 AM

I just discovered early early Dwellar Rogue Winter had the same gig I have now 3 1/2 years ago.

She only worked here for two months, and I haven't talked to her in 20 years and didn't know her all that much. So it's the sort of information you put into your hat and don't happen to mention. Except you do mention it on the Cellar

Gravdigr 11-21-2015 11:46 AM

What's mildly amusing you today?

Momdigr's frustration with remote controls; satellite box, Blu-Ray player, tv, The One Remote To Rule Them All...

To wit:

Momdigr (fairly well frustrated by the time she asked for help): Which one of these stupid buttons turns on the stupid tv?!

Me: That's a telephone.

:lol2:

monster 11-21-2015 08:40 PM

Now I know I old. I truly feel for Momdigr

Gravdigr 12-07-2015 05:30 PM

My cat-napping neighbor walked around his yard for two hours this afternoon, with a large power drill w/a foot-long two-inch auger, drilling holes in his yard, and pouring what looked like milk out of a gallon milk jug into the holes.

I know not wtf he was doing, but, it was kinda fun watching the drill get wrenched out of his hands every so often.

It looked a little on the painful side.:cheerldr:

xoxoxoBruce 12-07-2015 07:50 PM

It is, my Ex bought like 250 tulip, and some other bulbs, with instructions on planting a certain depth, and orientation. I made a drill bit like an auger, miniature post hole digger, because I'm lazy. After a half dozen holes with a half inch pistol drill, my wrists hurt so bad I went a got the big slow two handled drill. Even that yanked pretty good, but no dear, this is a mans job. :smack: Got me again.

Gravdigr 12-08-2015 05:44 AM

Quote:

the big slow two handled drill
That's what he had.

I'm chuckling to myself rfn, thinking about it.