The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's mildly irritating you today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=16569)

ZenGum 03-12-2009 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Razzmatazz13 (Post 539534)
I'b gettig a cold. By dose is stuffed ub. I hade id.
*ACHOOACHOOACHOOACHHOOOO* ugh.

Godzilla!

capnhowdy 03-12-2009 08:58 PM

Oh no. There goes Tokyo.

Razzmatazz13 03-12-2009 09:41 PM

Are you calling me fat????

ZenGum 03-12-2009 11:10 PM

WTF? Don't you people read the Cellar?

Razzmatazz13 03-13-2009 12:37 AM

psh, likely excuse

(shouldn't that be: Godzirra?)

Trilby 03-13-2009 01:51 AM

Can't...sleep...

GRRRRR

xoxoxoBruce 03-13-2009 01:54 AM

Masturbate until you can. ;)

Shawnee123 03-13-2009 07:42 AM

grumble grumble...both front liner folks called in sick. I'm stuck up front mostly all day.

The day will go quickly, but this is the part of the job I knew when I took it that I don't like this part, and it is the part that I decided was worth it when weighed against all the other parts.

Oh, and I volunteered to stay behind while everyone else went to staff meeting. If I have a question, since I still don't know all the processes, I'm SOL.

Just wanted to bitch. I usually end up not minding it at all. It's just the "person after person after person after person" that wears me out. Maybe everyone will be nice today. :rolleyes:

SteveDallas 03-13-2009 08:56 AM

My employer's insurance plan has been making an effort to make people more proactive about their health. They have an online health assessment program. There is a financial incentive for those who complete it. There is also a financial incentive for the employer if a certain percentage of employees complete it.

We missed badly last year (the first time they did it). This year we're trying to encourage people to get their butts in gear and do it.

The mildly annoying part? I have to go to a mandatory staff meeting telling us why we should do it, when I've already done it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shawnee123
If I have a question, since I still don't know all the processes, I'm SOL.

:) Reminds me of me at my last job. I started on Jun 15 I think. Shortly thereafter I was there alone (well there were other people there, but not tech support) while some other folks used their end-of-fiscal-year vacation. It was fun in a warped sort of way.
Office Manager: "The person you usually talk to is on vacation. Let me transfer you to Steve. <pause> That's right, the new guy. <transfer>"
Me: "Hi, this is Steve . . .uh huh . . . Excel? . . .Yeah, you should be able to do that. Let me find the manual and call you back."

Shawnee123 03-13-2009 09:00 AM

Heh...I know fed and state regs like a crazy person. Processes here, not so much! :)

Every school is different, but I'm learning.

Clodfobble 03-13-2009 02:39 PM

I'm coming to accept the fact that one of my big contract employers who shut down late last year is not going to send me a 1099-MISC. This means I'm going to have to sift through dozens of individual invoices and add it up by hand. Jerk.

classicman 03-13-2009 02:44 PM

Heck - if they aren't giving you one, they probably aren't giving the IRS one either.

Clodfobble 03-13-2009 02:47 PM

...But then I'd be no better than a cabinet nominee, right?

Besides that, if I ever got audited, how would I explain the regular deposits into the bank account from company checks?

classicman 03-13-2009 02:49 PM

Well unless you are worth on average $200 million....

or.... Unless you are running for office don't sweat it.

Cicero 03-13-2009 04:22 PM

One of my bosses irritates me. Is he really that dumb or what? I think he may be.....

Him:"he didn't schedule a barista for tomorrow can you do it?"
"I mean, are you good at it?"

Me:"that's why he scheduled me as the barista for tomorrow."

This guy has no clue that I run his shop after 4 pm all the time. Then I close it down. Is he really that fu***** oblivious?!?