The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Politics (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   The Obamanation (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=19310)

Spexxvet 09-23-2011 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by henry quirk (Post 758155)
The price I ask about is the price to one's 'self'.

For many, it seems, 'self' is an easy commodity to trade away.

For a few, 'self' is the first, best, property.

Are you saying that one's self is less when one gives? When one shares, cooperates, unites? I'll bet you've never been in a satisfying marriage or domestic relationship, have you?

henry quirk 09-23-2011 03:02 PM

"Are you saying that one's self is less when one gives?"

Giving is voluntary: there's much value in giving (and in the discretion employed about 'what' to give and 'who' to give to).

The dissolving of boundaries demanded by 'WE' is another matter entirely.

#

"I'll bet you've never been in a satisfying marriage or domestic relationship, have you?"

A wholly irrelevant and undeserved assessment masquerading as a question.

Thanks for that…remind me to return the favor someday.

classicman 09-23-2011 03:21 PM

Thats effed up Merc, but a different issue entirely.
Again, whats your issue with building a needed new bridge?

TheMercenary 09-23-2011 08:57 PM

Don't wanna be...

http://www.wimp.com/obamaelf/

TheMercenary 09-23-2011 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by classicman (Post 758165)
Thats effed up Merc, but a different issue entirely.
Again, whats your issue with building a needed new bridge?

Dude! Read my lips...

Obama stood in front of a bridge and claimed some bullshit position on his continually failed plan of "shovel Ready Jobs" about how he wants to fix and repair a bridge that does not and will not qualify for the funds, he should just shoot himself in the foot, no one who is in the "Know" says his plan will do what he says it will do, all the while railing on "Millionaires and Billionaires" but really taxing people who make more than 200k, so he is fomenting class warfare to pander to his base. This God Damm Fool is duping the electorate to get them to vote for him, nothing more, nothing less. The guy is nothing more than a scumbag politician no different from anyone else, Republickin or Demoncrat. He is not a God. He is not the Messiah. He is attempting to be re-elected. He is President Zero....

TheMercenary 09-23-2011 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by henry quirk (Post 758155)
Yes, unfortunately, 'WE' does.

Well actually not true.

A Republic, not a Democracy. (THANK frigging God!)

classicman 09-23-2011 09:13 PM

200k is 8X the average income. Not Uber-rich, but still wealthy.
Its all a matter of perspective.

TheMercenary 09-23-2011 09:18 PM

Absolutely....

So far, as I have asked this question numerous time on this forum, define "Wealth"... Zippy the Pin Head finally stepped up to the plate and stated, "Anyone who makes more than me", which confirms my feelings... it is nothing short of Class Warfare.

classicman 09-23-2011 09:25 PM

OK - you tell me. What is your $$$ for someone to be considered wealthy?

Personally, I think raising the income tax on them will be far less effective than raising the capital gains tax. THAT is where the Uber-rich derive their wealth. Additionally, I would adjust the alternative minimum wage. Increasing both the minimum income adn the percentage. No more free rides.

Lamplighter 09-23-2011 09:27 PM

Define "class warfare"... (other than as a Repubican bullet item)

classicman 09-23-2011 09:31 PM

See what you did now Lamp - you scared him off.

Lamplighter 09-23-2011 10:43 PM

Oooops... that was not intended.

Spexxvet 09-24-2011 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by henry quirk (Post 758163)
Giving is voluntary: there's much value in giving (and in the discretion employed about 'what' to give and 'who' to give to).

The dissolving of boundaries demanded by 'WE' is another matter entirely.

In my definition of "we", "we" is totally voluntary. If you are a citizen of the USA, you are a part of a "we". There is no I in USA. You are part of a communtiy that takes care of each other, or at least should. My taxes go to help those in need from the fires in Texas, floods and hurricaine in the northeast, earthquake in the mid Atlantic, mudslides in California. I pay taxes voluntarily. I hope that if I am in need, my fellow citizens will be just as generous. My taxes also go to plenty of programs that I don't like, but maybe you do. And I pay those taxes voluntarily, as well. That's what a community, a society, a relationship is all about.

Quote:

Originally Posted by henry quirk (Post 758163)
A wholly irrelevant and undeserved assessment masquerading as a question.

Thanks for that…remind me to return the favor someday.

I apologize if I offended you, but I believe that when "self" is as important to someone as it appears to be to you, you can't allow a partner to be satisfied or fulfilled, and so cannot have a true "marriage". Your "self" will always drive those people away.

TheMercenary 09-26-2011 01:41 PM

:lol:

New gaffe: Obama confuses Jews with janitors
September 26, 2011 | 5:18 am

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/wash...deo-gaffe.html

TheMercenary 09-26-2011 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by classicman (Post 758212)
OK - you tell me. What is your $$$ for someone to be considered wealthy?

Personally, I think raising the income tax on them will be far less effective than raising the capital gains tax. THAT is where the Uber-rich derive their wealth. Additionally, I would adjust the alternative minimum wage. Increasing both the minimum income adn the percentage. No more free rides.

Waiting for those who rail against it to define it. I can assure you that unlike President Zero I don't think people who make over 250K millionaires and billionaires...