The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's mildly irritating you today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=16569)

sugarpop 03-14-2009 08:30 AM

I have insomnia. I haven't slept well in ages. It's really wearing me down and irritating the HELL outta me and making me bitchy. I think I must be going through perimenopause or something, cause those hot flashes are a fucking bitch. I guess I need some hormones.

Shawnee123 03-14-2009 12:21 PM

Sigh...I might be right behind you on the hormones, sugarpop. :)

monster 03-14-2009 08:37 PM

forgot to check an ebay auction -was enjoying dinner too much. went for less than I woulda paid but I didn't bid earlier because I hadn't decided exactly how much i was willing to pay... remembered it two minutes after it closed... :(

lumberjim 03-14-2009 08:43 PM

it was defective anyway.

Trilby 03-15-2009 04:46 PM

is it just me or are people getting douche-y-er?

classicman 03-15-2009 04:48 PM

its not you, Bri.

Tulip 03-17-2009 12:20 AM

I'm feeling nauseous and my eyes are tired. However, I don't want to sleep just yet; I want to read some. I don't want to take my contact lenses out because reading with my glasses will make me more nauseous. And no, I won't fall asleep if I'd just lie there. I haven't been able to fall asleep on my own too often lately. I prefer to drug myself out so I won't have to lie there with stupid thoughts for a while before drifting off.

This is just me griping and whining aloud. :p

xoxoxoBruce 03-17-2009 12:39 AM

What you need is some vigorous exercise to distract your thoughts and make you physically tired. ;)

Tulip 03-17-2009 01:03 AM

Vigorous exercise will make the blood flow, which will make it harder to fall asleep. Well, that's what I've read. :p Damnit, I don't want to exercise. I may lose my muffin top. :rolleyes: :D hahaha.....Just kid....I do need to exercise. I will do ....tomorrow? :D

LabRat 03-17-2009 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveDallas (Post 544771)
My employer's insurance plan has been making an effort to make people more proactive about their health. They have an online health assessment program. There is a financial incentive for those who complete it. There is also a financial incentive for the employer if a certain percentage of employees complete it.

3 years ago the U started this same thing. Once a year we can take the "health assesment quiz". The first time you take it, you are paid $50 (added to our paychecks, pretax) and then $65 (again, pretax :rolleyes:) the following years. Oh yeah, whenever you take it you are supposed to be entered into that month's drawing for something too, but I forget what that is. I've always wondered who was footing the bill for this...

It's pretty stupid, but 10 min of my time while I drink my morning tea with lots of sugar and eat my creme filled donuts ;) is worth $50.

sugarpop 03-17-2009 05:28 PM

I think a lot of people are more anxious and on edge and not sleeping well these days. I don't know about other countries, but in the US people are taking a lot more antidepressants and antianxiety and sleep meds, because of the financial meltdown. It's been all over the news. I know it is affecting me. I rarely sleep, and when i do, it isn't restful sleep. and I take sleep meds. I apologize if any of it is rubbing off here.

DanaC 03-17-2009 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sugarpop (Post 546236)
I think a lot of people are more anxious and on edge and not sleeping well these days. I don't know about other countries, but in the US people are taking a lot more antidepressants and antianxiety and sleep meds, because of the financial meltdown. It's been all over the news. I know it is affecting me. I rarely sleep, and when i do, it isn't restful sleep. and I take sleep meds. I apologize if any of it is rubbing off here.

[deadpan] perhaps the solution is to stop watching the news [/deadpan]

Perry Winkle 03-17-2009 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanaC (Post 546255)
[deadpan] perhaps the solution is to stop watching the news [/deadpan]

Or move to a place that's not feeling it so bad... Like Montana.

ps. I love my job.

classicman 03-17-2009 07:26 PM

Beautiful day here too!

sweetwater 03-17-2009 07:28 PM

We're organizing stuff for 2008's taxes. Always seem to pay out a lot for medical and other deductibles, but never seem to have enough to count. Only good thing about this year's taxes is that they are almost certainly going to be better than next year's.