The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's upsetting you today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=14114)

monster 02-04-2008 06:55 PM

That's why I never let them test my blood :)

Shawnee123 02-05-2008 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clodfobble (Post 429746)
The check engine lights in both vehicles came on within a week of each other. Totally different problems, each about $500 to fix.

I can fix it for pennies. Just take a little strip of black electrical tape, adhere firmly to "check engine" light. Problem solved. :p

Clodfobble 02-05-2008 09:35 AM

Wonderful. Turns out the $500 fix for the truck didn't actually fix it, and they can't figure out why. They're "looking into it."

DanaC 02-05-2008 09:36 AM

ack Ali, that sucks:(

Upsetting me today is: I am tired, really really tired. Every part of me aches. I've pulled muscles I didn't know I had, I've fucked my lungs up (temporarily) shovelling fucking rubble and rotted floor covering, my skin isn't very happy either after days and days of dusty work. Have I mentioned I am tired?

Two weekends in a row, plus two frdays and two mondays and one Wednesday we've been clearing out the local party HQ building. Sale completed yesterday at 5pm....it had to be clear, like totaly clear and in a relatively clean state. By we, I mean me and D. Two of us have worked ourselves into the fucking ground on this, to get the party out from under a bloody big albatross just in time for the commercial sector to plummet. We got a few hours of help from a few people when they were able to: J did a bit, my mum helped go through a filing cabinet, a guy from the other constituency spent three hours lifting heavy furniture. But me and D were there throughout. Thirty years accumulated junk and furniture on four floors to deal with. Case files and party records to sort through into confidential waste, recycling and keeping. All furniture had to be either skipped, given away or brought down to one place for the recycling truck on monday morning.

The top floor is derelict: holes in the roof, plaster and rubble all over the floor, rotting lino and floor covering. We (D and I) swept it up and bagged it and got it to the tip. D organised collections of confidential waste, D organised the skip, D organised the recycling crusher van. All whilst working a full week around it and dealing with the solicitor for the sale of the building. I've been trying to keep up with uni work, spend whatever time I can down at the rooms, attend meetings etc etc...all whilst finding every movement painful because I have done something to my lower back and hips.

Last night at 5pm I felt about ready to collapse. Literally. Today I am dog tired and in two hours I have an important meeting to go to. I. Have. Had. Enough.

But...we did it. We got it sold in the teeth of obstructionist bastards. Got ourselves out from under a building that has so many holes and cracks it looks like it's about to sink into the ground any moment. A building we couldn't afford to keep because the party has no income stream (the building was no longer suitable for renting out for meetings, and no longer suitable [safe] for the MP to rent as her office). The bastards (faction) have tried to make it difficult, they like to gnaw on a bone. They wanted us to fail so they can beat us with that stick. Well they can fuck off we've done it :)

xoxoxoBruce 02-05-2008 09:55 AM

So you're one of those "working" politicians?

BigV 02-05-2008 02:30 PM

Well, I can't compete with DanaC.... wouldn't want to. Ugh.

But. I am upset at having been separated from my pocket knife today. I used it (somewhere... opening envelopes is my last clear memory) and now, it's not where it should be, in my pocket or in my hand. Dammit.

monster 02-05-2008 09:14 PM

Buy a new one from Walmart. Guaranteed to make the old one turn up, then return the new one.

freshnesschronic 02-05-2008 11:06 PM

I didn't get to vote in the primaries because I'm newly registered to vote in my Chicago suburb county-----not at U of I in Urbana, IL!!!!!!!! DAMNNNNN

zippyt 02-06-2008 12:14 AM

I'm tired , just fucking tired of irritating people , but every body seem to be eather irritated AT me , because of me , or just irritating in general .

That is all at this time .

Sundae 02-06-2008 06:40 AM

I've lost my CV and will have to start it from scratch.
Fair enough - the Job Centre will go through it all with me when I see then (next week I think) but I was going to shoot off some crafty applications of my own to get my hand in.

Oh and if you don't know from the other threads I've moaned about it in, I have fruit coloured hair.

Shawnee123 02-06-2008 08:36 AM

There you are...must go find other threads about fruit colored hair! :)

BigV 02-06-2008 12:57 PM

Tink is gone :(

Temporarily :)

My loss is Las Vegas' gain :eek:

robsterman1 02-06-2008 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigV (Post 430293)
Tink is gone :(

Temporarily :)

My loss is Las Vegas' gain :eek:

Well, better work harder on playing it right next time ;)

Cicero 02-06-2008 04:26 PM

I was a flamingo pink once. (my hair) Not good and not cool. What a nightmare! That only works if you are an e-surance animation. I feel your pain sundae...I do.

I had to show up to work in a hat. Then I had to fight to keep it on.

If you aren't naturally red, just stay away from the red box. It's full of demons.

DanaC 02-06-2008 04:41 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Mmm...I do recall one very bad hair accident when I was in my early twenties. I'd previously had henna-red hair which had seemingly pretty much grown out, then decided to go back to my preferred ash blonde...bleach based hair colour used on hair with henna. I ended up with swathes of orangey flame coloured hair mixed in with the ash blonde, wherever the henna was still present. I basically looked like a gonk.