The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Quality Images and Videos (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Nightmare Fuel (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=27698)

Gravdigr 07-21-2012 04:56 PM

Nightmare Fuel

1 Attachment(s)
I thought we could use a thread for stuff that scares the hell out of ya. Phobia stuff, or, stuff that gives the heebiejeebies, etc.

I'll open with:

Just What The World Needs, Big Caffeinated Spiders

GAH!!!

Attachment 39780

Lamplighter 07-21-2012 08:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 39785

This fellow chased me well into adulthood and married life.
My wife teases me about the wolf-man still being after me some nights.

Clodfobble 07-21-2012 08:21 PM

My nightmares are always extremely relevant and topical. They involve real people I genuinely hate, and while the things that are happening may be unrealistic, they are never impossible or supernatural.

ZenGum 07-21-2012 08:44 PM

Four words.

"We need to talk".

:bolt:

Gravdigr 07-23-2012 11:06 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lamplighter (Post 821177)
This fellow chased me well into adulthood and married life.
My wife teases me about the wolf-man still being after me some nights.

The only movie monster that ever got to me, as a kid mind you, was The Creature From The Black Lagoon. I caught it on a Saturday afternoon re-run.

Attachment 39803

This thing came after me in the dark more than once.

Spexxvet 07-23-2012 11:16 AM

This gave me recurring unexplainable nightmares for years

Lamplighter 07-23-2012 11:37 AM

Spex, you're showing your age !

But I agree...I recognized it without even playing the video

Spexxvet 07-23-2012 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lamplighter (Post 821345)
Spex, you're showing your age !

dmg1969 07-23-2012 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravdigr (Post 821157)
I thought we could use a thread for stuff that scares the hell out of ya. Phobia stuff, or, stuff that gives the heebiejeebies, etc.

I'll open with:

Just What The World Needs, Big Caffeinated Spiders

GAH!!!

Attachment 39780

Fucking shit. Now I'm switching to tea. Thanks Grav! I thought I was over my spider phobia until 27 seconds ago.

plthijinx 07-23-2012 02:26 PM

i'll definitely look twice in my coffee cup!

roaches. i can't stand.......roaches!

wolf 07-25-2012 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spexxvet (Post 821334)
This gave me recurring unexplainable nightmares for years

You were just scared of Barry Goldwater. Had nothing to do with the Russkies or the bomb.

I lived in an apartment that had a roach problem like that.

Yes, I'd seen the movie first, which made the whole roach issue far worse for me.

the worst part was that the little bastards wouldn't stay in the kitchen where they belonged.

Lamplighter 07-25-2012 08:24 AM

Quote:

You were just scared of Barry Goldwater. Had nothing to do with the Russkies or the bomb.
:D

Lola Bunny 07-27-2012 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by plthijinx (Post 821363)
i'll definitely look twice in my coffee cup!

roaches. i can't stand.......roaches!

OMG! I had to cover my eyes while watching that. So freaking scary. I actually had the chills after the video ended. :lol:

plthijinx 07-30-2012 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lola Bunny (Post 821925)
OMG! I had to cover my eyes while watching that. So freaking scary. I actually had the chills after the video ended. :lol:

i keep an airsoft pistol in the garage for when i'm smoking. every now and then one will show up and i'll shoot'em. except, i found out the hard way that they sometimes splatter. all over you.

Gravdigr 07-30-2012 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by plthijinx (Post 822245)
all over you.

Eew.:greenface

Cyber Wolf 08-15-2012 10:03 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I found out recently about the Slender Man, also known as The Operator, Der Ritter, Der Großmann or The Thin Man. And, like a dummy, I had to learn more about him. This guy + active imagination = bad times.

Attachment 40077

Nirvana 08-23-2012 08:05 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 40183

ZenGum 08-23-2012 08:33 PM

Awww, it's just a cute widdle fwuitbat!

Or are you saying you have nightmares about watermelons?

glatt 08-24-2012 07:16 AM

looks just like a little dog.

From HELL!

Gravdigr 08-24-2012 10:01 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Widdle fwuitbat my ass!

Attachment 40193

infinite monkey 08-24-2012 10:12 AM

I'm still freaking out over Slender Man. WTF?

I'll never go out by the woods/river at night ever again!

Gravdigr 08-30-2012 07:49 AM

1 Attachment(s)
So much for a good night's sleep...:neutral:

The filename says "sixfootrattler". Maybe, if the girl is only four feet tall...but then again, maybe she has small hands.

Great googahmoogah.

Attachment 40362

Anyone have a hand grenade?

Razzmatazz13 09-03-2012 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyber Wolf (Post 824593)
I found out recently about the Slender Man, also known as The Operator, Der Ritter, Der Großmann or The Thin Man. And, like a dummy, I had to learn more about him. This guy + active imagination = bad times.

I want sooo badly to read about it... but then I know I'm just going to freak myself out constantly. I've been debating it for like a month now haha

Stormieweather 09-03-2012 10:44 PM

Most of the stuff in this thread are just ehh..to me.

But not the friggin cockroaches.:yeldead:

For four years, I lived in a rental house that had one gawdawful german cockroach infestation. They were everywhere, mostly living in the walls and erupted out of the electrical sockets and other openings after dark.

Landlord ignored me.

I tried traps. I tried bait. I tried foggers. I tried boric acid. I tried spraying into and around every socket opening. I tried bleach. I even painted over any (cleaned) nesting areas I found to prevent more from being attracted. We kept everything in sealed tupperware, glass and ziploc baggies.

Nothing.

I hired Terminix, who had a money back guarantee. They sprayed and sprayed and I missed a ton of work while they gave it a shot. No luck.

That house needed to be tented.

We finally moved out and to this day, I have PTSD whenever I see a cockroach.

:thepain::greenface

No, I did NOT watch that damn video.

BigV 09-04-2012 10:57 AM

That is such a beautiful snake. It seems a shame it's dead, though it probably had the fatal misfortune of encroaching on some human's territory.

Gravdigr 09-04-2012 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigV (Post 828276)
That is such a beautiful snake. It seems a shame it's dead...

:eyebrow:...The day that thing died should be a national holiday.

BigV 09-12-2012 03:56 PM

of mourning.

diff topic.

SonofV has told me that he wants to be Slender Man for Halloween. We're working on how to make his arms reaaaaaalllly long. The white face/head will be accomplished with a lycra mask/hood. black suit, white shirt, red tie, those are pretty easy.

Sundae 09-12-2012 04:15 PM

Having seen your previous "attempts" at costumes, I just know it will be amazing.
You have a flair for this.

BigV 09-12-2012 05:27 PM

:D

Thanks!!!

Happy Monkey 09-12-2012 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigV (Post 830017)
SonofV has told me that he wants to be Slender Man for Halloween. We're working on how to make his arms reaaaaaalllly long.

The claw!

Trilby 09-13-2012 06:38 AM

None of this stuff scares me except the snake. I just saw a show on Nat. geo. about how all these freaking pythons and anaconda's are thriving in the Fla. everglades and now they even actually have a Venom Unit that goes around looking for these giant snakes. AND then there is the alligator problem down there; forget it. I HATE Florida and don't ever want to live there. "Oh, darling, there's a man-eating alligator fighting a man-squeezing snake over there by our pond! How sweet!"

Grandma can HAVE Florida. I want to move somewhere where I'm more likely to be eaten by a Yeti.

Undertoad 09-13-2012 11:33 AM

It's OK, the turkeys got yer back

http://cellar.org/2012/turkeysnake.jpg

Gravdigr 09-13-2012 01:10 PM

I don't think them's turkeys.

I think them's guineas.

And they make excellent watchdogs.

Trilby 09-13-2012 01:35 PM

I think they're dolphins.

Don't they attack snakes?

Undertoad 09-13-2012 02:00 PM

Guinea fowl let's go to the videotape!

Although the commenter saying that the snake is already dead, seems accurate to me

Cyber Wolf 09-13-2012 02:38 PM

From wikipedia(bold mine):

Quote:

They eat lice, worms, ants, spiders, weedseeds, and ticks while on range...
AND alert to snakes in the grass without apparent fear? I know what I want for Christmas.

Gravdigr 09-14-2012 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyber Wolf (Post 830170)
I know what I want for Christmas.

Hear those fukkers before you say that.

Gravdigr 09-17-2012 04:30 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Congratulations, sir! It's a, uh--here ya go.

Attachment 40699

Happy Monkey 09-17-2012 04:45 PM

They made one of those an alien in MIB3.

Gravdigr 09-21-2012 02:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)
For the life of me I can't remember what that fish-thing is called.

Moving on...given the choice between the two...

Attachment 40785

...I'd take the Taliban.

Ibby 09-21-2012 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravdigr (Post 831259)
For the life of me I can't remember what that fish-thing is called.

the very aptly-named Blobfish!

Gravdigr 09-22-2012 04:49 PM

I thank you.

Gravdigr 10-12-2012 03:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)
In my front yard. In Momdigr's flowers. I've been told to refer to 'her' (the spidder, not Momdigr) as Charlotte.

Attachment 41151

infinite monkey 10-12-2012 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Undertoad (Post 830119)
It's OK, the turkeys got yer back

http://cellar.org/2012/turkeysnake.jpg

Speaking of turkeys.

What does the title of the song Young Turks mean? He sings 'young hearts be free tonight...'

I googled about the 'young turks' but I don't get how it relates to the song.

I really don't like that song. It came on I :heartpump Radio and I remembered I never understood that.

Gravdigr 10-13-2012 04:30 PM

Young Turks @ Wikipedia:

Quote:

The term "Young Turks" has since come to signify any groups or individuals inside an organization who seek prominence and power.
That's prolly no help, I know.

Gravdigr 10-14-2012 04:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Constipated for life now.

Attachment 41180

Black Widow, for the record.

Gravdigr 01-24-2013 04:24 PM

Ick Factor Times 1000

***Squirm Warning***

Whaaaaaaaaaathefuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck is this?

xoxoxoBruce 01-24-2013 04:31 PM

Drop Bear larvae.

BigV 01-24-2013 06:28 PM

pretty gross.

this one is fucking gross. if you're squeamish, at all, read the title and move on. it is as nasty as you imagine.

toranokaze 01-25-2013 02:51 AM

Fracking is nightmare fuel

Sundae 01-25-2013 03:54 PM

Not clicking wormy links.
Biders are okay. Parasites (and removal) are not.

be-bop 01-25-2013 05:59 PM

I hate wasps, they really freak me out those bastards are the skinheads of the insect world they'll sting for fuck all just because they can...
Spawns of Satan they are :worried:

BigV 01-25-2013 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sundae (Post 850056)
Not clicking wormy links.
Biders are okay. Parasites (and removal) are not.

Smart.

Gravdigr 01-26-2013 12:03 PM

Word.

Glinda 01-27-2013 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by plthijinx (Post 822245)
i keep an airsoft pistol in the garage for when i'm smoking. every now and then one will show up and i'll shoot'em. except, i found out the hard way that they sometimes splatter. all over you.

Many years ago, I was working in the garden. Came across one of these nasty fuckers...

http://i4.ytimg.com/vi/7YHxIlKlWfc/0.jpg

and proceeded to smash it with my rake.

Wereupon its gut juices squirted out onto my HEAD. Whereupon I went instantly into full spaz mode trying to get the stuff off of me. It was gritty and slimy.

GAAAHHHH!!!

Gravdigr 01-27-2013 02:26 PM

WTF is that gruesome looking thing, anyway?

{/shudder}

Sundae 01-28-2013 12:46 PM

And does it grow up into anything worse?!

Glinda 01-28-2013 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravdigr (Post 850361)
WTF is that gruesome looking thing, anyway?

{/shudder}

That, my friends, is the great North American Jerusalem Cricket.

Quote:

Jerusalem crickets are a group of large, flightless insects of the genus Stenopelmatus. They are native to the western United States and parts of Mexico. Its large, human-like head has inspired both Native American and Spanish names.

Despite their common name, Jerusalem crickets are not true crickets, as they belong to the family Stenopelmatidae, while crickets belong to the family Gryllidae; nor are they native to Jerusalem. These nocturnal insects use their strong mandibles to feed primarily on dead organic matter but can also eat other insects. Their highly adapted feet are used for burrowing beneath moist soil to feed on decaying root plants and tubers.

While Jerusalem crickets are not venomous they can emit a foul smell and are capable of inflicting a painful bite.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sundae (Post 850493)
And does it grow up into anything worse?!

Good lord, I hope not! :eek:

Sundae 01-28-2013 01:58 PM

Okay.
Well at least they're useful and not really into attacking the human bean.

Thanks for the info.

Gravdigr 01-28-2013 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravdigr (Post 849895)
***Squirm Warning***

Whaaaaaaaaaathefuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck is this?

Some info...I make no guarantees.

from here

Quote:

How would you explain the presence of a long writhing worm found in the cold remains of last night's cup of coffee? Something you narrowly missed drinking perhaps? But then you notice a large dead huntsman spider on the bench near the coffee cup... hmmm.

Poor old spiders! Their lives are full of tribulations, and some of the worst involve insidious attacks by a variety of lethal parasitic organisms. The worm in the coffee cup, probably a mermithid nematode, is one of these. Mermithid worms are internal parasites whose infective larvae enter spiders directly or via ingested food. Once inside the spider, the tiny worm obtains nourishment from it's hosts body fluids, digestive glands, gonads ('parasitic castration') and muscles. As a consequence the spider becomes progressively more debilitated, but doesn't actually die. This is because the spider's vital organs usually remain intact, even though all of the abdomen, and occasionally part of the cephalothorax, may be filled with worm coils. Eventually in a scene reminiscent of the movie "Alien", the gorged worm bursts out of the body of the debilitated spider, which finally dies after this macabre event.

Before it dies, however the spider often has to perform one more task for it's deadly parasite. In some mermithids, the final free-living stage of the worm is aquatic, so that it is advantageous for the worm if its emergence can take place near a water body - a pond, a creek or puddle. To increase this likelihood, such worms seem able to induce their hapless hosts to seek water, spiders sometimes actually walking into the water before the worm emerges. This behavior may result from thirst-induced activity as the worm consumes the spider's body fluids. Whatever the reason, there is no doubt that the spider's water seeking behavior helps to ensure the parasite's survival and propagation.

So what happened in the kitchen during the night? Perhaps the thirsty huntsman spider was carrying a water-dependant parasite and could find only one 'water body' in the kitchen - a cold cup of coffee left on a bench. The weakened spider climbed up the side of the cup and fell in. The tightly coiled worm then emerged from the spider's body into the liquid. The dying spider may then have managed to crawl out of the cup, only to succumb on the kitchen bench. - Mike Gray, Australian Museum

The article is from Nature Australia, Spring 1995
Copyright: The Australian Museum