The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Sports (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   NBA Playoffs 07! (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=13946)

freshnesschronic 04-21-2007 01:47 PM

NBA Playoffs 07!

Let's go! Da Bulls!

Unfortunately I don't think they'll make it past the Pistons in the second round but I really think they can beat the heat with their depleted roster. Dwayne Wade shouldn't be back, he's playing too soon with that dislocated shoulder injury I think. He's a franchise player, he should have waited til next season to come back. Don't want to risk him going the way of Grant Hill or Penny Hardaway.

But in the end I think it'll be Mavs and Pistons, Mavs in 7 games.

Go Bulls!

Hyoi 04-21-2007 05:40 PM

The only way to stop Yao from scoring is to pass the ball to Tracy McGrady. I think if these two stay healthy, The Rockets are gonna be a factor.

freshnesschronic 04-22-2007 10:34 PM

No one here likes basketball in the least, I'm quite disappointed...

duck_duck 04-22-2007 10:39 PM

I like basketball but I don't like it enough to know the names of all the players and their stats.

Hyoi 04-23-2007 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by freshnesschronic (Post 336642)
No one here likes basketball in the least, I'm quite disappointed...

Last time I looked I was someone. Has something changed that I should know about?

Hyoi 04-23-2007 06:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duck_duck (Post 336643)
I like basketball but I don't like it enough to know the names of all the players and their stats.

Mr. Yao is the pride of the mainland.....surely you've heard of Yao Ming? Seven-foot six-inch Yao Ming?

freshnesschronic 04-23-2007 11:13 AM

Oh no, sorry Hyoi, of course you count. But I wrote an extensive anlaysis on Greg Oden and Hibbert that got no responses at all. And my MJ Kobe thread, and now this. I wish more dwellars liked basketball so we could discuss stuff taht's all. But you are someone of course, my fault.

duck_duck 04-23-2007 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hyoi (Post 336675)
Mr. Yao is the pride of the mainland.....surely you've heard of Yao Ming? Seven-foot six-inch Yao Ming?

Yes I know who he is. I've lived in houston for a while and have seen him play. :)

Hyoi 04-23-2007 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by freshnesschronic (Post 336725)
Oh no, sorry Hyoi, of course you count. But I wrote an extensive anlaysis on Greg Oden and Hibbert that got no responses at all. And my MJ Kobe thread, and now this. I wish more dwellars liked basketball so we could discuss stuff taht's all. But you are someone of course, my fault.

No problema. I read where O'Neal is crying the blues about the refs again. One of the Tribune's bloggers seems to think (and I wouldn't doubt it for a moment) that he usually gets his way. He also called the Heat "Riley's militia" which I thought was damned appropriate. Keep your fingers crossed. Maybe the refs won't listen to O'Neal's whining and stop him from playing football. If that guy plays basketball, my name is Liv Tyler.

Good luck manana.

Hyoi 04-23-2007 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duck_duck (Post 336727)
Yes I know who he is. I've lived in houston for a while and have seen him play. :)

Small world. Which highschool did you go to? H-Town gets a bad rap in my opinion. What was your impression?

Yeah, the big man amazes me with his agility. Yao, like most newcomers to the league, was given a hard time by the refs, but he seems to have earned their respect. And us H-Towners have made him an honorary Texan......which ain't easy to achieve, either.

duck_duck 04-23-2007 12:56 PM

I was going to kingwood high school and to be honest I don't like it here. My mother and I are moving back home tomorrow and I am very happy for it. :)

Hyoi 04-24-2007 05:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duck_duck (Post 336763)
I was going to kingwood high school and to be honest I don't like it here. My mother and I are moving back home tomorrow and I am very happy for it. :)

Kingwood.....upper class. Very nice area. Sorry you've been disappointed, but the experience will serve you well in the future. There's nothing like world travel to give one perspective.

You two have a safe flight.:thumb: And cheer for Yao, will ya? My Rockets need all the help they can get!

freshnesschronic 04-24-2007 10:30 AM

Rockets are up 2-0, they don't need no help.

Shawnee123 04-24-2007 10:44 AM

Well fudge, I was almost certain basketball season was over. Oh yeah, it's NEVER over. It's like bowling league.

Hyoi 04-24-2007 04:08 PM

Rockets are up 2-0, they don't need no help.......freshnesschronic

Suns, Mavericks, Nuggets. Oh, I think the Rockets could use some help. Phoenix has been particulary troublesome.

Well fudge, I was almost certain basketball season was over.......Shawnee123

Won't be long. Latest possible finals date is 21 June. But you're right, there's always something for us Martians to bore you women with!

freshnesschronic 04-24-2007 05:39 PM

I meant in the first round :p

T-Mac and Yao are killing it, that's why they don't need help I mean.

Hyoi 04-25-2007 06:32 AM

Who knows? We might meet in the finals. I'm pulling for your guys to knock off the Heat and the Pistons, so we're on the same page until then.:thumb:

Round ball has developed some of the old school guard/center combinations. Yao/ McGrady, Iverson/Stoudemire, Nash/Anthony, Wade/O'Neal. I think it adds to the game.....what say ye?

Shawnee123 04-25-2007 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hyoi (Post 337130)
[i]Won't be long. Latest possible finals date is 21 June. But you're right, there's always something for us Martians to bore you women with!

:D I actually even like basketball! It just seems like it's year-round, and the one TV station I get seems to be the one that carries those tournaments! But hey, it's better than a Lifetime movie! :)

freshnesschronic 04-25-2007 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hyoi (Post 337317)
Who knows? We might meet in the finals. I'm pulling for your guys to knock off the Heat and the Pistons, so we're on the same page until then.:thumb:

Round ball has developed some of the old school guard/center combinations. Yao/ McGrady, Iverson/Stoudemire, Nash/Anthony, Wade/O'Neal. I think it adds to the game.....what say ye?

Woa, someone might want to do their homework :headshake

It's all good though, but Carmelo isn't even close to a center :p

Hyoi 04-26-2007 05:04 AM

........and the one TV station I get........shawnee123

You've got it made, love! That's one less thing to argue about. I had to set up the second entertainment room just so my Carolina farm girl could watch her LFW movies and silly sitcoms. She will, to her credit, watch a baseball game with me, though.

Woa, someone might want to do their homework........freshchronic

A sharpshooter........there's a sharpshooter in the crowd! Yeah, closer to Stockton/Mailman.....and your first word should end in an H. Now!:king:

Really, the point I was trying to make is that the inside game has gained a bit more usage because of these combos and in spite of the blasted three point line. No-pass-one-pass-jack-it-from-nowhere isn't round ball to me.

Clodfobble 04-26-2007 07:58 AM

I beg your pardon Hyoi, but it's "whoa," not "woah." ;)

Hyoi 04-26-2007 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clodfobble (Post 337664)
I beg your pardon Hyoi, but it's "whoa," not "woah." ;)

Yes'm.....I stand corrected. But I get credit for knowing there was an h in there somewhere.

Good to hear from you. Have you survived the recent storms unscathed? Wind is giving my tomato seedlings holy hell. They're a hybrid developed by A&M called TexasStar 444.......supposed to be as good or better than Celebrities, but so far the gods of wind and rain have been less than kind.:mad:

Clodfobble 04-26-2007 09:52 AM

It wasn't too bad here, except that we were having a new roof put on and the supplies kept blowing off the roof. [/threadjack]

freshnesschronic 04-26-2007 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hyoi (Post 337640)

Woa, someone might want to do their homework........freshchronic

A sharpshooter........there's a sharpshooter in the crowd! Yeah, closer to Stockton/Mailman.....and your first word should end in an H. Now!:king:

Really, the point I was trying to make is that the inside game has gained a bit more usage because of these combos and in spite of the blasted three point line. No-pass-one-pass-jack-it-from-nowhere isn't round ball to me.

What???? I was just saying Iverson and Stoudemire are not on the same team AND Melo and Nash are not on the same team. But you grouped them together...Plus additionally I was saying Carmelo isn't a Center, unlike the rest of the second duos. AND DON'T CALL ME FRESHCHRONIC! Everyone please, it's just Fresh. FreshChronic? That rolls off your tongue so just gross, it sounds disgusting. My user name is freshnesschronic, not freshchronic, call me my full name or just fresh plzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!! :3_eyes:

Hyoi 04-26-2007 04:21 PM

Man oh man, I'm having a rough day! I simply left out the ness by mistake. And I didn't realize that I had reversed Nash and Iverson. Mine this time, fresh.
:smack:

Think I'll retire and try to improve manana, but look out.......here come tres amigos (Ginobli/Parker/Duncan).

BigV 04-26-2007 05:13 PM

so, what is behind the name: freshnesschronic?

I could speculate, but I'll save that for my riposte.

freshnesschronic 04-26-2007 05:43 PM

Whatever you want it to mean.

But when I was a freshman in high school, I was thinking of screen names and whatever. I didn't want any numbers, so I thought to myself what do I represent in life? Hmmmm....Well, I think I'm pretty fresh and so clean, clean. Yeah, I'm full of fresh! I'm full of freshness! And...I'm gonna be like this for a long time...chronic! Freshness..chronic? Yeah!
I was such a cool 15 year old, you know.
:)

Happy Monkey 04-26-2007 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by freshnesschronic (Post 337886)
Whatever you want it to mean.

Just-picked Scottish weed?

Clodfobble 04-26-2007 06:43 PM

Quote:

I'm gonna be like this for a long time...chronic! Freshness..chronic? Yeah!
I'd bet money a majority of the people here thought it referred to pot. :eyebrow:

freshnesschronic 04-26-2007 07:27 PM

I bet so too, considering my input on the mary threads.
But seriously, I didn't know what chronic meant until later. I honestly referred it to time. Funny, eh?

duck_duck 04-27-2007 02:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hyoi (Post 337002)
Kingwood.....upper class. Very nice area. Sorry you've been disappointed, but the experience will serve you well in the future. There's nothing like world travel to give one perspective.

You two have a safe flight.:thumb: And cheer for Yao, will ya? My Rockets need all the help they can get!

I agree the rockets need the help.

Beestie 04-27-2007 04:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clodfobble (Post 337919)
I'd bet money a majority of the people here thought it referred to pot. :eyebrow:

That's what I figured. How's the toe this morning?

Lemme guess: thumpTHUMP-thumpTHUMP-thumpTHUMP...

Hyoi 04-27-2007 06:08 AM

It wasn't too bad here, except that we were having a new roof put on and the supplies kept blowing off the roof..........Clodfobble

The Texas wind gods are not fair. I would suggest an offering of some sort and that you find a faster contractor.

I agree the rockets need the help.........duck duck

Long flight, eh? One can only hope that all on board bathe regularly.

I bet so too, considering my input on the mary threads......fresh

The absolute best advice I could give you.........sssssssssssssipp......ffffffff........would be to lay off that........sssssssssssssipp......ffffffff........boo. It don't good for you.

Clodfobble 04-27-2007 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beestie
That's what I figured. How's the toe this morning?

Lemme guess: thumpTHUMP-thumpTHUMP-thumpTHUMP...

Oh man. It was doing great, walking normally and barely any pain at all, and then like the klutz I am, I managed to stub it AGAIN in the exact same fashion on the rocking chair. This time I cried and had to lay on the couch for a few minutes. But I learned my lesson; it's now buddy-taped like it should have been from the beginning. :(

Hyoi 04-27-2007 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clodfobble (Post 338113)
Oh man. It was doing great, walking normally and barely any pain at all, and then like the klutz I am, I managed to stub it AGAIN in the exact same fashion on the rocking chair. This time I cried and had to lay on the couch for a few minutes. But I learned my lesson; it's now buddy-taped like it should have been from the beginning. :(

Steel-toed bunny slippers. Or maybe combat boots. If you were an NFL running back, you could complain of turf toe and still make a million a game sitting on the bench. (Would you consider this comment smarmy?):rolleyes:

Clodfobble 04-27-2007 10:54 AM

No, because you're not being smug or falsely earnest. :)

Hyoi 04-27-2007 01:45 PM

I've seen that foot, dear lady, so I'm hoping you've had it attended to by a professional. Having been a big, bad, tough, hairy jock in the past, I can safely say that I would be whimpering shamelessly all the way to the training room.

If that toe is jammed, dislocated, or broken and if it isn't treated properly, it could give you trouble the rest of your life. So bite the bullet and follow Coach Hyoi's advice. :eyebrow: I'll take you out for chocolate cookies and ice cream afterwards. :)

W.HI.P 04-27-2007 11:05 PM

Andrins Biedrins is one of the main reasons the Warriors are even in the playoffs.
The Golden State Warriors are about to go up 2 games to 1 against the Heavy favorite Dallas Mavericks beating them 61-48 at half time in game 3 in a 1-1 series.

The 6-11 Latvian Superstar just turned 21 year old.
Andrins Biedrins, against the Dallas Mavericks in these playoffs, leads his team in
shooting 60%
Total rebounds
Offencive rebounds
Defencive rebounds,
Blocks
judging by his age and ability, he will lead all stats in the center position in the NBA for years to come.

freshnesschronic 04-27-2007 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by W.HI.P (Post 338474)
Andrins Biedrins is one of the main reasons the Warriors are even in the playoffs.
The Golden State Warriors are about to go up 2 games to 1 against the Heavy favorite Dallas Mavericks beating them 61-48 at half time in game 3 in a 1-1 series.

The 6-11 Latvian Superstar just turned 21 year old.
Andrins Biedrins, against the Dallas Mavericks in these playoffs, leads his team in
shooting 60%
Total rebounds
Offencive rebounds
Defencive rebounds,
Blocks
judging by his age and ability, he will lead all stats in the center position in the NBA for years to come.

HAHHAHAHAHHAHAAHA. He's great and all, but maybe you haven't heard of Yao Ming, Amare Stoudemire, or maybe...Greg Oden? :D No offense to Andris he's a baller for sure. But that statement is a longshot for sure.

W.HI.P 04-27-2007 11:28 PM

Age 20 ranked 40th in the NBA
And lets look at the 2006-2007 season amongst PF/C and C's:
1)Brand .......Age 28
2)Camby .......Age 33
3)Stoudemire ......Age 24
4)Duncan ......Age 31
5)Boozer ......Age 25
6)Bosh ......Age 23
7)Biedrins .......Age 20!

So when I say judging by his age and ability, he will lead all stats in the center position in the NBA for years to come. I'm not presenting a wish of mine, but a simple reality.
I had this exact conversation about Dirk Nowitzki a few years back with some NBA fans ....how stupid they must be feeling now.

W.HI.P 04-27-2007 11:37 PM

and let me add...this is not an after the fact call:

NBA Basketball
Western Conference:

Houston 13/1
Golden State 151/1

Prices listed are the prices that were given at the time of the predictions

The predictions we're made March 15th 2007 when Golden State was a few games out of that 8th and final playoff position

http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=12069&page=11

Hyoi 04-28-2007 08:15 AM

3 zip, fresh. Good work. Should we pull out the brooms?

freshnesschronic 04-28-2007 12:50 PM

No, I am still not going to get that cocky about sweeping the defending champs!!!

But it'd be nice.
And WHIP, I have no idea what those rankings are for Biedrins. I already gave him credit calling him a baller and all but he definitely will not lead stats for years to come. So what, he's 20. He had a breakout season, yeah. Is he godly? No. He ain't no Greg Oden, Amare, Yao, he isn't an elite center. Does he have potential for that? Maybe. But is he DEFINITELY going to be one? No, you cannot say that at all. Man, he isn't even a starter.

freshnesschronic 04-29-2007 02:40 PM

Da Bulls sweep the defending champions!!!!
Second city is going to the second round versus the Pistons!
Ben Wallace motors back into Motor city!
Did you see him hit 7 straight free throws in the closing minutes to seal up the game???

Hyoi 04-29-2007 03:11 PM

Ding dong, the Diesel's dead. Now everyone else can play round ball.

freshnesschronic 04-29-2007 08:07 PM

Whaddya mean, Hyoi...round ball? You mean small ball?

freshnesschronic 04-30-2007 12:09 AM

And DAMN Warriors up 3-1. Both Finalists about to be knocked out!!!

Oh the irony in the NBA...I love it :)

Hyoi 04-30-2007 07:34 AM

Round as opposed to that pointed-end piece of pigskin that rules heavily in this neck of the woods.

My guys appear to be in a home-and-home series, Dallas is taking it in the ear, but watch out for the Spurs.

You go to work on Lebron and company. If your guys play with as much energy, I think they'll take that series.

freshnesschronic 04-30-2007 10:24 AM

We play the Pistons next, Hyoi.

Hyoi 04-30-2007 11:53 AM

That's not fair. I'm truly sorry to hear that.

freshnesschronic 05-01-2007 11:21 PM

mavs are down 6 points with like 4 minutes to go. And they they lead The City by 20 points in the first half.

Mavs are seriously fucking up.
I have all my money on Oakland closing the series tonight in the next 4 minutes. Players will leave the team, team won't be a contender, Mavs become a 5 or 6 Playoff seed for a coupla years. At least its better than the Heat, who will be lucky to MAKE the playoffs next season, if my predictions of disbandment are correct.

freshnesschronic 05-01-2007 11:36 PM

Dayum...
I lost all my money.
Dirk came up big and Warriors imploded, BDiddy fouls out and Stephen Jackson ejected (again!?) and Mavs beat the Warriors.
Phew. 3-2 Warriors.
Dayum!!! Exciting ending.

Hyoi 05-02-2007 08:11 AM

94-95, the Rockets were down 3-1 to the Suns. Barkley was running his big mouth non-stop. They took three straight on the way to their second championship, so it could happen again. The Warriors better close it out at home.

Hyoi 05-06-2007 05:39 AM

Yao-ch. Rockets out. It's all duck duck 's fault.:rolleyes:

W.HI.P 05-06-2007 06:47 AM

Houston would have been taken out by the Warriors anyways.

Hyoi 05-06-2007 08:19 AM

Probably. The Rockets lack team speed. The Spurs may have the same problem, but I'm taking them anyway......as long as Duncan is still breathing.

freshnesschronic 05-06-2007 12:52 PM

Speed??? Tony Parker and Manu more than make up for Timmy. I got the Spurs in the West, now that the Mavs sucked it up.

DAMN MY BULLS GOT PUNISHED LAST NITE :(

Hyoi 05-07-2007 06:29 AM

DAMN MY BULLS GOT PUNISHED LAST NITE..........fresh

Just a wake up call. They were still celebrating. Now that they've had they're asses handed to them, they'll go back to work.

Hyoi 05-08-2007 09:12 AM

Damn, damn, damn. We're only getting one shot and they're hammering us everytime we go inside. Gotta crash the glass. Gotta make the freebies.

Hyoi 05-11-2007 04:47 AM

Turn out the lights, the party's over.