The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What is your worst habit/habits? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=12243)

morethanpretty 11-01-2006 01:39 AM

What is your worst habit/habits?

I bite my nails, tear off split ends, stay up too late, wake up too late, procrastinate on all of my house/school work, and leave my contacts in for weeks at a time.

breakingnews 11-01-2006 02:09 AM

I have a bad habit of lying by omission.

I'm not dishonest, I just tend not to tell the whole story. Usually it's because I feel explaining the whole story would be too much trouble, but really I am often worried about people getting pissed off or feeling hurt. Many times I get tangled in a web of misunderstanding, and it sucks, but I keep doing it.

Funny how I tell people to be brutally truthful to me, but I can't practice what I preach.

DucksNuts 11-01-2006 03:11 AM

I brush my teeth in the shower, burp really loud and unladylike, have a *clean-floor-thing*, post pictures of my arse on the net and am borderline OCD on alot of things :blush:

Ibby 11-01-2006 06:22 AM

I dont shut up, I'm a pathological make-fun-of-people-er, and I'm annoying.

yesman065 11-01-2006 07:09 AM

I smoke and I have no tolerence for sheer & udder (intentional) stupidity - ie: I let bm get under my skin.

Elspode 11-01-2006 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DucksNuts
...post pictures of my arse on the net and

This is about *bad* habits, Ducks.

I pull my ears when I am nervous or insecure. I procrastinate and live in constant denial. I rationalize overly. I am very passive.

God...I'm a mess.:worried:

Shawnee123 11-01-2006 08:45 AM

I'M the mess. I have picked at my thumbnail and cuticle so badly that the nail bed is ruined and I will never have a normal looking hand. I pick at other cuticles, too...so they bleed sometimes. I'm not usually conscious of it. There is a picture of my ex and I getting married, facing each other with grins on our faces, holding both hands. What people don't know is we are trying to keep from laughing because I was trying to pick at my nails (didn't know I was even doing it) and he was keeping my hands apart.

It's a horrible thing but I can't help it. Nervous Nellie! My ex boyfriend likens me to a barn animal. Nice! :p

Flint 11-01-2006 09:42 AM

Being too damn perfect.

wolf 11-01-2006 11:08 AM

I smoke, and am an occasional nailbiter. This is a downgrade from being a constant nailbiter, so the condition is controllable.

I have also been known to express the pus out of zits.

I'm sure you are all appalled.

wolf 11-01-2006 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by morethanpretty
and leave my contacts in for weeks at a time.

You need to buy the contacts that you are allowed to leave in for weeks at a time.

Bullitt 11-01-2006 11:21 AM

I chew the insides of my cheeks without even thinking about it all the time. Every time I go to the dentist he/she rides me like a freakin bull about the dangers of chewing tobacco (since they don't believe that I don't use)

morethanpretty 11-01-2006 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wolf
You need to buy the contacts that you are allowed to leave in for weeks at a time.

*sigh* I know I have Acuvu Advance, but you're still supposed to take them out every night. I've had two flair ups this year (1st times ever tho) and my eye doc gave me a speech. He says until he re-writes my perscription I have to be good. I'm better...but still not good.

morethanpretty 11-01-2006 11:25 AM

I forget to brush my teeth at night. Ick!

mrnoodle 11-01-2006 11:41 AM

Smoking. Speaking before thinking (or without ever thinking at all). Trying too hard to be funny. Eating right before bed, then not brushing. Arguing with my mom just to be arguing. Hanging up the phone without saying "goodbye" at the end. Not practicing my guitar and making the band wait while I figure stuff out at rehearsal. Pretending I have allergies so I don't have to mow the parents' yard. Waiting until everything is almost late to start working, then having to stay up all night. Not making eye contact with people when I walk by. Forgetting not to smoke weed. Paying too much for things just because I don't want to wait to get them. Not calling my brother and sister enough. Digging around in my ear with my finger. Not putting change in the Salvation Army thing outside of the store. Not changing my oil enough.

and worst habit of all....(drum roll)....

not knowing when to stop typing.

Sundae 11-01-2006 11:45 AM

I procrastinate to the point where I get myself into trouble - and yet on my CV (resume) it says that I am self-motivated... So I guess I add liar to the list.

I am occasionally struck with bad wind. Really bad wind. I can't list that as a bad habit as it's not my fault. But I do tend to try and squeeze it out silently at my desk, hoping against previous experience that it won't smell.... And I have been known to ride in the lift just to let one rip in privacy.

skysidhe 11-01-2006 11:46 AM

habit?

ummmm pastries!!

Yes I have a bad pastry habit.

lumberjim 11-01-2006 11:50 AM

smoking, overeating, and undersleeping.

Sheldonrs 11-01-2006 05:30 PM

I smoke. I eat too much. My sense of humor runs faster than my brain.

Oh, and I once killed a man just to watch him die. :D

Aliantha 11-01-2006 05:54 PM

Quote:

I brush my teeth in the shower, burp really loud and unladylike, have a *clean-floor-thing*, post pictures of my arse on the net and am borderline OCD on alot of things :blush:

I'm starting to wonder if we were separated at birth

Aliantha 11-01-2006 05:59 PM

I spend too much time on the internet.

I like sweet food.

I drink too much.

I can't stop telling people to clean up their shit.

Stormieweather 11-01-2006 06:22 PM

I smoke (really need to quit).
I spend time surfing the web when I should be working (then I get behind).
I spend more time gaming online than I should (instead of sleeping or my other hobbies).
I eat sweets when I'm trying to lose weight (duh).
I stay up too late at night (but I'm such a night owl!).
I forget birthdays (even when I write them down).
I don't call my family often enough (but they disapprove of me so who wants to listen to that?).
I pay my bills at the last minute or late (even when I have the money).
I don't exercise enough (unless chasing the baby counts?).

Stormie

DucksNuts 11-01-2006 06:46 PM

Ok - apparently I need to ad *uncontrollable fidgetting* to the list.

So my co-workers say, they are tired of seeing my *jiggling* bits out the corner of their eye.

I'm a foot fidgetter mainly, like always swinging it or bouncing my knees & tapping my fingernails.

I guess my main flaw is I am annoying :)

capnhowdy 11-01-2006 07:32 PM

^^^^^^^^^^^^

what all of you said....almost.

Flint 11-01-2006 07:45 PM

!!!

Quote:

*jiggling* bits

John Adams 11-01-2006 11:19 PM

I am a chronic liar.

glatt 11-02-2006 08:48 AM

Quote:

Ok - apparently I need to ad *uncontrollable fidgetting* to the list.

So my co-workers say, they are tired of seeing my *jiggling* bits out the corner of their eye.

I'm a foot fidgetter mainly, like always swinging it or bouncing my knees & tapping my fingernails.

That's not a flaw. That will help keep you thin and healthy into your old age. I remember seeing some study not too long ago where they followed thin people and an obese people around for a while and watched what they ate and what they did. The thin people were almost all fidgeters. That unconscious exercise they got was a huge contributer to their being thin.

Pie 11-02-2006 09:20 AM

Eat too much, procrastinate, am insufficiently generous.

Sundae 11-02-2006 09:51 AM

Am feeling quite smug because I gave up smoking (very easily - haha!) when I got my cats.

But I eat and drink far too much.
And sometimes I sniff my clothes and figure they'll go another day because I haven't done any washing.

Trilby 11-02-2006 10:03 AM

I snoop. Don't let me in your house--never, under ANY circumstances, let me use your bathroom.

I put house-cleaning off until I have nightmares about it.

I can't leave well enough alone.

I bother a lot of people.

I still love someone. Someone who is v. bad for me.

Oh, yeah, I've a "thing" for yet another married professor.

Sundae 11-02-2006 10:19 AM

Oh snooping! Forgot that one.
Me too.... we really were sperated at birth weren't we?

Except I don't fall in love these days :)

Trilby 11-02-2006 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sundae Girl
.... we really were sperated at birth weren't we?

Except I don't fall in love these days :)

i do believe we were! (Seperated at birth, that is--Sundae got all the culture and learning and I got all the Big Mac's and fries...)

As for love--methinks your prospects just opened up. 'Course, he's not an Earl, (like I imagined you wanted in my limerick) but I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

What say we forecast each other's year?

Shawnee123 11-02-2006 10:23 AM

I've heard a good trick to play on medicine cabinet snoopers is to fill it up with ping pong balls prior to having guests over. That would be so mean! I wouldn't do it, I really have nothing to hide (I mean, who keeps their stash in their medicine cabinet? ;) I wouldn't open a medicine cabinet because of the possibility of it.

So I guess I'm saying what keeps me "good" is not that I am inherently good but rather the horrible embarrassment of getting caught in not goodness!

Oh, and I drink too much, eat too much, love too much....too much!

My coworkers told me yesterday that the next time I think I'm going to have a "boyfriend" he will have to go before a committee. They wrote me a job description and everything.

Trilby 11-02-2006 10:27 AM

[quote=Shawnee123]I've heard a good trick to play on medicine cabinet snoopers is to fill it up with ping pong balls prior to having guests[/QUOTE=Shawnee]

I know that trick. I prepare for it. What? You think I'm some amatuer?

Sundae 11-02-2006 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brianna
What say we forecast each other's year?

Oh yes! About to log off, but will start a thread tomorrow unless you do it tonight...!

I LOVE fortune telling, and it annoys my rational mind that I really want to believe it - this way at least I know it's random.

BTW - I didn't get the culture & learning chick. I got the Big Mac & fries & vodka too.... Maybe we have a missing triplet?

BigV 11-02-2006 10:29 AM

I repeatedly fail to fully appreciate each day I am alive. I compound the error by failing to express my appreciation for the people in my life.

Undertoad 11-02-2006 10:33 AM

You seem like a good dude BigV.

there, got mine done for the day!

Shawnee123 11-02-2006 11:10 AM

Quote:

. Maybe we have a missing triplet?

Ooh ooh ooh...pick me pick me...please?:)

wolf 11-02-2006 11:43 AM

Quote:

Am feeling quite smug because I gave up smoking (very easily - haha!) when I got my cats.

Why quit because of the cats? Were they stealing your Players Navy Cuts while your back was turned or something?

Trilby 11-02-2006 12:03 PM

Quote:

Why quit because of the cats? Were they stealing your Players Navy Cuts while your back was turned or something?

Look, you; much as I like you--SG needs to quit smoking so htere. SG is quitting xoz she WANTS to quit. there.

Elspode 11-02-2006 12:48 PM

Quote:

Are you pretty sure that they aren't just hinting that they'd like to see your jiggling bits up close, and without having to look out of the corner of their eye? I mean, I've seen these pictures lately, and that's how I've grown to feel about your jiggling bits.

yesman065 11-02-2006 04:02 PM

Thats excellent BigV - best one yet! I think I'll go tell someone how much I appreciate them right now.

BigV 11-02-2006 04:12 PM

Thank you, yesman065. As the jingle goes, "it's good and good for you!"

footfootfoot 11-02-2006 07:47 PM

pooping in tackle boxes at sears.

Just kidding, it wasn't me.

being flippant (reserved for the cellar only)
I thought I may be consuming beverages to excess, then I spoke with a friend who drinks 9-24 beers (pub cans) per evening. That's from 5:30pm to 9:00 pm. That's one beer every 9 to 21 minutes.

By those standards, I don't even have a habit.

I often neglect to brush my teeth before bed, I rarely floss. I do not build up plaque.

Lucy 11-02-2006 07:56 PM

BigV has my vote. That is the best posted.

My worst habit? I've none but I am an A-one bitch.

JayMcGee 11-02-2006 08:00 PM

Big V is Helen Steiner-Rice in disguise and I claim my $5...

Sundae 11-03-2006 07:55 AM

Quote:

I had been toying with giving up on & off for about 2 years. Getting the cats was the extra push I needed.

It's not so much about second hand smoke (although as they came from a non-smoking home I thought it would be easier for them to settle in a non-smoking atmosphere) but also all the detritus of smoking that I didn't want my cats sniffing around (ashtrays, lighters, half empty packets etc)

And yes, them pinching my fags behind my back!

Shawnee - you would have to identify certain characteristics in order to be our triplet. I'll have to liase with Bri but for starters they would probably involve:

- Being a Slutty Mc Slut-Slut (by bmwthing's standards) but also unlucky in love
- Being hopeless financially
- Having the liver of the gods (ie drinking enough to kill you on a regular basis but somehow surviving)
- Loving chilli
- Peanut butter love/ hate is still under review

I think that's enough for now...

morethanpretty 11-06-2006 12:50 PM

I forgot these:
I eat unhealthy food
Read too much
Surf the net too much
Cuss too much at my mother
And I leave trash in my car (gah it really needs to be cleaned)

Sundae 11-06-2006 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by morethanpretty
I forgot these:
Read too much

I will only accept this is possible if you are doing it to the extent you soil yourself.

morethanpretty 11-06-2006 06:17 PM

Quote:

I will only accept this is possible if you are doing it to the extent you soil yourself.

heh...I do it to the extent that I get a decent amount of sleep at night or I don't do other work. When my mother had the power she used to ground me from reading/take my book until I got certain chores done, or if she caught me up too late.

Iggy 11-09-2006 01:01 PM

I pick at my nails. Constantly. I used to bite them (sometimes still do), but since I can't do that in public much I pick at them instead. So I have dry, flakey skin and sore, sometimes bloody, cuticles all the time since I won't quit picking at them. My SO hates it so he always grabs my hands when he catches me.

There. Now you know one of my bad habits.

Edit: It seems as if many girls have habits similar to this... I wonder if it is a girl thing?

rkzenrage 11-09-2006 01:06 PM

Its not my fault... it tastes just like sweet pork!

Shawnee123 11-09-2006 01:09 PM

Quote:

Shawnee - you would have to identify certain characteristics in order to be our triplet. I'll have to liase with Bri but for starters they would probably involve:

- Being a Slutty Mc Slut-Slut (by bmwthing's standards) but also unlucky in love
- Being hopeless financially
- Having the liver of the gods (ie drinking enough to kill you on a regular basis but somehow surviving)
- Loving chilli
- Peanut butter love/ hate is still under review

I think that's enough for now...

I just saw this post

Slutty McSlut-Slut--check
Financially hopeless--check
liver of the gods--check check check
Chili--check
PButter--love it...hope that's not a disqualifier :D

BigV 11-09-2006 01:23 PM

I begin many more projects than I complete. I almost said "end", but that would be incorrect. They do "end" when my attenti