The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Cellar Meta (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   I feel very ambivalent about the Cellar lately. (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=25500)

Aliantha 07-14-2011 07:52 PM

I feel very ambivalent about the Cellar lately.

I'm not sure what's causing it. Maybe I've been here too long and so the usual players are just too predictable maybe. I'm not really sure. Maybe it's the lack of interesting newbies with different perspectives. Maybe it's just a general mood that seems to have taken over the place.

I wondered if anyone else was feeling like this lately or if it's just me.

btw, I'm not trying to place blame on anyone for this particular feeling that belongs to me. I just wondered if I was the only one that's all.

Griff 07-14-2011 08:50 PM

It has been pretty predictable and depressing for a while. I'm lowering my profile here since is is really bad for my mindset. There are folks putting quality stuff up occasionally but for me anyway I come away more often down than up.

ZenGum 07-14-2011 09:06 PM

Maybe we need another clinically insane troll to wander in. That always seems to liven things up.

monster 07-14-2011 09:37 PM

Or I could start posting again.... :lol: FFS it's summer in the US where most dwellars live. We have better things to do. Except the cube-bound. Who get pissy and start eating each other like caged rodents. It's winter in Aus, the upside-downers are bored.

Same thing happens every year.

The downunders whinge 'cause the topsiders are not entertaining enough. Let's blame the French. They're in the middle and should mediate in some way. or at least post nekkid pics and photoshop the underarm hair out. No?

:D

HungLikeJesus 07-14-2011 09:39 PM

I've heard that 85% of all problems are directly traceable to top management.

monster 07-14-2011 09:46 PM

The other 17% are due to teacher cutbacks.

Aliantha 07-14-2011 09:48 PM

Lifestyles don't change all that much in Aus during winter, particularly in the northern part of the country. I know not a lot has changed for us. There's still surfing and stuff going on, and on most days we're still wearing shorts and Tshirts.

I don't think it's the lack of dingbats either Zen. I usually find those episodes pretty tiresome. In fact, you watch the same players do the same thing until the troll eventually disappears one way or another.

Blah. Maybe I'm just tired.

classicman 07-14-2011 10:01 PM

Ali needs some strange!

HungLikeJesus 07-14-2011 10:08 PM

"Ambivalence suggests strong feelings... in opposition. The prefix, as in "ambidextrous," means "both." The rest of it, in Latin, means "vigor." The word suggests that you are torn... between two opposing courses of action."

Aliantha 07-14-2011 10:20 PM

to be or not to be (here) I would say HLJ. That's exactly what it is. I can take or leave this site these days, where as before I used to kind of make this my first stop most days, and if I couldn't get here, I'd wonder what was going on with people. I'd look at IotD and show the kids or Dazza and things like that. Now, most of the time I feel like I can't be bothered unless the title looks really exciting.

jimhelm 07-14-2011 10:37 PM

would it help if i was a dick to you?

Aliantha 07-14-2011 11:00 PM

dick me? I'm imagining what that must mean, but I'm not sure if that could possibly be right and if so, what flight will you be on?

jimhelm 07-14-2011 11:43 PM

I'm swimming! Real men swim to Australia in order to have steamy hot sexy business with married Aussie women. And I Yam a REAL MAN.

...be there in a few months...If the dolphins dont get me.

Lola Bunny 07-15-2011 12:13 AM

We don't have enough people posting, that's why!!! People....POST! INTERACT! BANTER! SCREAM! We've been drama-free and peaceful around here.

Aliantha 07-15-2011 12:49 AM

Yeah, entertain me! Even Jim's doing his best. You lot should be ashamed!!!

casimendocina 07-15-2011 05:56 AM

I can't really be bothered posting if I think that it's going to cause hysteria. Occasionally, I'll write something and then delete it before posting ... a couple of busy weeks at work, lots of stuff to do which has taken up most of my energy which otherwise might have gone into my cellar postings.

I'm off for a few days holiday. Catch you next week when I'll look forward to catching up on the posting that's been going on in the meantime.

Ali, if I understood correctly, I think Jim was offering to be a wanker for your entertainment.

jimhelm 07-15-2011 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by casimendocina (Post 744679)
Jim was offering to be a wanker for your entertainment.

that right there is one fine user title.

classicman 07-15-2011 11:13 AM

Good one Jim. Speaking of which ...

Clodfobble 07-15-2011 01:29 PM

Usually the summer lull happens in August, it's come a little early this year. Everybody's too dang busy with vacations and kids home from school and all that jazz.

Me, I just today finished my brutal full-semester-crammed-into-eight-weeks Anatomy class. So I'll be around a bit more. You never know, maybe I'll post a picture of some boobies. Not mine, but "some."

monster 07-15-2011 02:11 PM

http://cn1.kaboodle.com/hi/img/b/0/0...=1230137141000

BigV 07-15-2011 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clodfobble (Post 744734)
Usually the summer lull happens in August, it's come a little early this year. Everybody's too dang busy with vacations and kids home from school and all that jazz.

Me, I just today finished my brutal full-semester-crammed-into-eight-weeks Anatomy class. So I'll be around a bit more. You never know, maybe I'll post a picture of some boobies. Not mine, but "some."

and now my ambivalence has evaporated

TheMercenary 07-15-2011 05:14 PM

I am feeling ambivalent about feeling ambivalent...

monster 07-15-2011 10:18 PM

So crassicman deleted a post that said "Boobies". After I posted some Boobees. Forwhy? Oh wait... What a crass act :lol:

dick.

Sundae 07-17-2011 12:42 PM

Feel the same Ali.
Came back to check PMs, but not bothered about the rest of posts.

I think I'm just tired of the sniping.
I'm not making a big deal out of it, I'm not flouncing off.
I'll just test the water every now and then and decide.

The only reason I responded to this thread was because it was near the top of "New Posts" and matched my feelings.

sexobon 07-17-2011 01:11 PM

So, you just came here to cop a feelings.

Bullitt 07-17-2011 02:43 PM

My posting has been less than average, which wasn't super high to begin with I guess, because I too don't feel like being drawn into pointless debates. I'd rather stick to threads that mirror my personal interests, or show me something new.

jimhelm 07-17-2011 06:35 PM

I will be building a deck soon. I will try to keep ya posted with pics along the way.

glatt 07-17-2011 07:32 PM

Content. Thanks, Jim.

richlevy 07-17-2011 07:53 PM

Long days move forward
Boredom falls like a sad rain
Banter shelters some

Griff 07-17-2011 08:12 PM

Content with content.

monster 07-17-2011 09:16 PM

I'm not ambivalent about the cellar at all, right now. But then I have a life, summer is the peak, and summer is now, so I'm hardly here. Some of you clearly failed to notice that, as you named me in bitchery I was nowhere near.... nice to feel like furniture, though....

But right now I'm avoiding paperwork, so here's some home truths for you whingeing whatnots (not that you'll read them because you're so ambivalent....)

To the posters who share every fucking moment of their life in great detail... that's cool, we tolerate it, why can't you tolerate others need to share their irritations? Are you that special it needs to be all about you?

To the posters who never share anything personal, but chime in to agree or condemn... do you really wonder why you don't feel part of the community? Consider having -anf maybe even sharing- an original thought, ffs.

To the posters who start threads about what's wrong with the cellar.... consider leading by example. Did it really not occur to you that you're perpetuating the problem? Really? NEW TOPIC: I hate posts about hating....

classicman 07-17-2011 09:21 PM

My ambivalence factor just increased.

Aliantha 07-17-2011 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by casimendocina (Post 744679)

Ali, if I understood correctly, I think Jim was offering to be a wanker for your entertainment.

He's been doing that for years casi. ;)

footfootfoot 07-17-2011 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HungLikeJesus (Post 744656)
"Ambivalence suggests strong feelings... in opposition. The prefix, as in "ambidextrous," means "both." The rest of it, in Latin, means "vigor." The word suggests that you are torn... between two opposing courses of action."

Do you know the difference between ambiguous and ambivalent?

I don't know, and I don't care.

;)

Flint 07-17-2011 10:49 PM

To all those dear Cellar dwellars who haven't been feeling the magic lately: sorry I haven't been around more often.

HungLikeJesus 07-17-2011 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by footfootfoot (Post 745001)
Do you know the difference between ambiguous and ambivalent?

I don't know, and I don't care.

;)

Mine was a quote from a movie, which I was expecting at least Shawnee to get.

casimendocina 07-18-2011 05:11 AM

Obviously, I'm not feeling that ambivalent about the Cellar (or certain members of it) as this weekend on my jaunt o/s (all 1.5 hours away) I bought Sundae that "I love SG" t-shirt which was discussed so many months ago.

DanaC 07-18-2011 05:34 AM

Maybe I'm misreading this, but I saw nobody mention Monster's name in regards to bitchery.

Spexxvet 07-18-2011 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lola Bunny (Post 744671)
We don't have enough people posting, that's why!!! People....POST! INTERACT! BANTER! SCREAM! We've been drama-free and peaceful around here.

Hand guns should be banned.

Your welcome's ;)

footfootfoot 07-18-2011 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HungLikeJesus (Post 745008)
Mine was a quote from a movie, which I was expecting at least Shawnee to get.

Let's just say I'm greater than 90 degrees but less than 180.
:blush:

Aliantha 07-19-2011 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanaC (Post 745031)
Maybe I'm misreading this, but I saw nobody mention Monster's name in regards to bitchery.

Me either, and to set the record straight, I wasn't even thinking about things like that when I wrote the OP.

classicman 07-19-2011 08:54 AM

Add me to the group of confusion infusion. What were you referring to Dana?

DanaC 07-19-2011 09:02 AM

I was referring to something mentioned by another poster.

skysidhe 07-19-2011 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monster (Post 744989)
I'm not ambivalent about the cellar at all, right now. But then I have a life, summer is the peak, and summer is now, so I'm hardly here. Some of you clearly failed to notice that, as you named me in bitchery I was nowhere near.... nice to feel like furniture, though....

But right now I'm avoiding paperwork, so here's some home truths for you whingeing whatnots (not that you'll read them because you're so ambivalent....)

To the posters who share every fucking moment of their life in great detail... that's cool, we tolerate it, why can't you tolerate others need to share their irritations? Are you that special it needs to be all about you?

To the posters who never share anything personal, but chime in to agree or condemn... do you really wonder why you don't feel part of the community? Consider having -anf maybe even sharing- an original thought, ffs.

To the posters who start threads about what's wrong with the cellar.... consider leading by example. Did it really not occur to you that you're perpetuating the problem? Really? NEW TOPIC: I hate posts about hating....

OMFG

infinite monkey 07-19-2011 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monster (Post 744989)

To the posters who never share anything personal, but chime in to agree or condemn... do you really wonder why you don't feel part of the community? Consider having -anf maybe even sharing- an original thought, ffs.To the posters who start threads about what's wrong with the cellar.... consider leading by example. Did it really not occur to you that you're perpetuating the problem? Really? NEW TOPIC: I hate posts about hating....

:notworthy

Maybe they can also find original thoughts at that yard sale? Or even, a life or something. You know, all that daring adventure like skydiving and scuba diving and swimming a hundred miles...not that daring adventure you get from reading True Crime. :lol:

skysidhe 07-19-2011 10:09 AM

hypocrisy and double standard..... her head is so far up her ass she can't even see the light of day.... a good friend like you should be helping her pull it out.

infinite monkey 07-19-2011 10:14 AM

You know what, sky? That's bullshit. She contributes far more to the community than most. She can make jokes, sure. She can argue, sure. She can contribute real life happenings that are pertinent. She can rise far above the crap-snappers in this place which is something I admire because honestly I can't seem to do that.

Stop being jealous of a person with a full, rich life and start forging your own. Then maybe you won't have to be the little dog in the tall grass always jumping up to see what everyone else is doing.

This little wah-wah thread sure did serve its insidious purpose, no matter how much eye-batting "who me" one professes.

A wise man once said (Oh yeah, it was UT) if you don't like the Cellar post more and make it what you want.

All the people I've ever heard say "just ignore it if you don't like it" are the very first to bitch about what they don't like. It's just so saaaaaaaaaaaddddd, it hurts soooooooo much. Puh. Not really. It's not about you, that's all.

Pathetic.

disclaimer: all references to 'you' are to an 'everyyou' meaning if the shoe fits...the rant is against the general IDEA, and those who promote that idea, that any perceived problems are being solved by poorly disguised finger-pointing.

skysidhe 07-19-2011 10:19 AM

lol

Pico and ME 07-19-2011 10:23 AM

Sky, you take Monster much too personally.

monster 07-19-2011 11:45 AM

:lol: if the cap fits....

srsly you guys have given me my first laugh today.

Except infi. what a smarmy arse-licker. :p:

infinite monkey 07-19-2011 11:46 AM

Bite me, bitch. :lol2:

Hmmmph. I shall flounce off in the general direction that is not in the direction in which you are.

monster 07-19-2011 11:47 AM

cornfield?

monster 07-19-2011 11:48 AM

How did Old Navy ruin your life?

infinite monkey 07-19-2011 11:49 AM

Dude, they totally fucked me over, the ruined EVERYTHING. I am NEVER going back. NEVVVVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR. You can take me back to Old Navy when you pry the GAP from my cold dead hands.

How can an inocuous chain store ruin one's life, you may ask? I'm not sure, but they totally effed me over, and I can't forgive nor will I forget.

;)

glatt 07-19-2011 11:52 AM

plus, it smells like China when you walk into their store. Seriously. It's a distinctive smell.

monster 07-19-2011 11:56 AM

My china smells of Finish powerballs. Or is that Finnish power balls?

footfootfoot 07-19-2011 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monster (Post 745275)
How did Old Navy ruin your life?

Area Man Has Asshole, Old Navy Written All Over Him
(the Onion)

Aliantha 07-19-2011 06:12 PM

I'm still trying to figure out why monster thinks this thread has anything to do with her, and why infin thinks she needs to leap to monsters defense in a thread where not a single person has mentioned her.

I just don't know why this has to happen. Seriously.

I SAID I don't blame anyone for my feelings on this issue, and I was just asking if anyone else had the same sort of feeling.

I'll also add that I've never cracked the shits and posted an 'I'm leaving this place' thread although others who seem to think this thread is pointless have certainly done so, and look, they're still here! For goodness sake, get over yourselves. It's not about you.

TheMercenary 07-19-2011 09:13 PM

Wow, this beats a soap opera....

:corn:

casimendocina 07-20-2011 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimhelm (Post 744690)
that right there is one fine user title.

:)