The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Home Base (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Confession Time (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=26086)

SamIam 10-12-2011 10:11 AM

Confession Time

I have been considering doing this for a while and now seems as good a time as any. I know that a few of you (maybe more than a few) know my "dark" secret.

Yes, in another lifetime I was a member of the Cellar under the name "Marichiko." I got banned and, for the most part, I deserved it. This was what? Seven years ago? I forget.

I will only say this much about Marichiko. It is true that shortly before she (I) joined the Cellar, I suffered a prolonged episode of anoxia (lack of oxygen) due to carbon monoxide poisoning which did adversely effect my thinking and my emotions. I was angry often; I was paranoid a lot; and I was always afraid. This combo did not make for very wonderful posts here on the Cellar. I was pretty crazy at times and struck out against a lot of people. While the reasons for this were mostly organic, I take full responsibility for my actions and I apologize to all here.

Some time after Marichiko got banned from this site, I began to get competent medical help. I also began to get help from the system I had raged against so much. I am working on qualifying for rehab services and I even have been able to go back to work on a limited level.

Now, I could hardly come back as Marichiko. I had to come back under a different user name and hopefully prove that I am not the provocative, semi-hysterical person I once was. SamIam has been around for over 4 years and has made over 2,000 posts. I have engaged in no major controversies that I can think of, other than exhanging barbs with UG and Merc.

I enjoy the Cellar. There are many thoughtful, funny people who post stuff that is often amusing or enlightening or both. I would like to stay on. However, I don't want to intrude where people don't want me.

I apologize for coming back under a different user name, just as I apologize for my actions as Marichiko. I leave my fate here up to you Dwellers.

Oh, and PS: I did not see this thread until I had already written this post. http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=26083 Really. ;)

limey 10-12-2011 10:14 AM

Well, howdy!

BigV 10-12-2011 10:25 AM

Wow.

BrilliantDisguise 10-12-2011 10:27 AM

Not trying to get involved in something I know nothing about, but why did you wait 4 years/2,000 posts to come clean? Why now?

infinite monkey 10-12-2011 10:31 AM

Sam, who cares? What I mean is...I know you NOW. I like you. I wasn't here for any of that stuff so it's none of my business anyway (yeah, admittedly it was good for a chuckle when you were just a 'name') and I suppose that's something other people who know nothing about it should be thinking too.

I'd like to see more confessions, because it's obvious so many are not coming clean. (ETA) Who cares who you are, if you're honest? That is admirable, for you to want to let people know, but I think it will only matter to either 1) someone who had a real issue with mari, or 2) someone who likes drama.

I don't care why it took you 4 years/5 billion thousand posts. OK?

Sam You Am, You Am Cool, in my book. Real, at least...which is so much more than so many here can say (and 'say' they will...absolutely 'nothing'!)

But I hope you feel better about it. Me? High Five me kiddo. (I can call you kiddo because we're BOTH so old.) ;)

BrilliantDisguise 10-12-2011 10:37 AM

I already said I wasn't trying to stick my nose in something I know nothing about. All I did was ask a simple question. If she didn't expect any questions or comments I'm sure she wouldn't have made the thread. I didn't mean any harm and I hope she didn't take it that way.

Pico and ME 10-12-2011 10:49 AM

Wow Sam, from what I've heard about Marichiko, I would say you had them all fooled. Marichiko was set up to be the ultimate way to describe a crazy poster.

Congratulations on your rehabilitation. I think its great that you came back and proved yourself.

classicman 10-12-2011 10:58 AM

Sam, let the past remain there. I appreciate you coming clean though.
I joined the cellar right before Mari (treating like a different poster) got banned so I really don't know ALL the history.
You are who you are now and I think you are a benefit and an important contributor to teh Cellar.
Good for you on getting better. Your punishment is to post more :)

SamIam 10-12-2011 11:00 AM

Thank you to all who have replied so far. You have been most kind.

@BrilliantDisguise - As I mentioned in the OP, I felt the need to establish a consistent track record as a "non-crazy" person. A few months just wasn't going to get it. While, I don't feel I was especially hurting the vast scheme of things as SamIam, I had started to get PM's from certain people who suspected who I really was. At that point, I figured, why lie? The truth is usually better.

jimhelm 10-12-2011 11:03 AM

hey, I bet that's a load off, huh?

Glad you're here. I'm sorry about how I acted way back when too. wanna make out?

jimhelm 10-12-2011 11:03 AM

i mean UP!

glatt 10-12-2011 11:06 AM

Well, I was fooled. I had no idea Sam was Mari.

We have had a few people kicked out of the Cellar or chased out of the Cellar who have come back and tried to fit in again. Usually they don't succeed because the old personality inevitably comes through.

It's pretty clear that Sam/Mari has pulled it off. I'd like to continue thinking of Sam as Sam, because Mari was a loon.

sexobon 10-12-2011 11:10 AM

Actually, she has posted pictures of herself under both names; so, she wasn't exactly incognito. She simply avoided having to rehash her story for every newb by waiting on the announcement until she felt she had sufficiently developed a favorable history here. It was a judgment call.

Lamplighter 10-12-2011 11:15 AM

All of what IM said...

glatt 10-12-2011 11:19 AM

Well, it's pretty obvious in hindsight. But I had no idea.

BrilliantDisguise 10-12-2011 11:23 AM

OK, so now I want to know who else needs to confess here?:ninja:

BigV 10-12-2011 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glatt (Post 762989)
Well, I was fooled. I had no idea Sam was Mari.

We have had a few people kicked out of the Cellar or chased out of the Cellar who have come back and tried to fit in again. Usually they don't succeed because the old personality inevitably comes through.

It's pretty clear that Sam/Mari has pulled it off. I'd like to continue thinking of Sam as Sam, because Mari was a loon.

Sam is Sam, Mari was Mari.

glatt 10-12-2011 11:25 AM

I should keep that "loon" comment to myself. Sorry!

I like you, Sam.

SamIam 10-12-2011 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glatt (Post 763003)
I should keep that "loon" comment to myself. Sorry!

I like you, Sam.

Well, thank you Glatt. And you can call Mari a loon if you want, because she often was. I like being Sam, myself. She may have her problems, but she (generally) doesn't blame the world for them. Need I say that its very empowering to take responsibility for your own life?

@ Jim, sure I'll make up with even you. For now... :hugnkiss: LOL!

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigV
Sam is Sam, Mari was Mari.

Appreciate that. Mari is buried somewhere in the Cellar graveyard of the b(d)anned. Let her stay there.

jimhelm 10-12-2011 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SamIam (Post 763014)

@ Jim, sure I'll make up with even you. For now... :hugnkiss: LOL!

and then maybe we can get into a fight later... and then... some more make up sex?

infinite monkey 10-12-2011 12:10 PM

"We don't have to name names, or point fingers, or...name names..."
--Elaine Benes

I think this thread is grand, Sam. :)

infinite monkey 10-12-2011 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimhelm (Post 763016)
and then maybe we can get into a fight later... and then... some more make up sex?

jim, I know you like make-up sex, but people would still love you even if you didn't get all dolled up. Put away the lipstick, the rouge, the mascara...be yourself and the good sex will follow suit. :lol:

Undertoad 10-12-2011 12:20 PM

Well somebody figured this out faster than I did, and then they mentioned it and after a while it got simple to put the pieces together.

The only thing I find hard to trust is that changing your personality to continue to interact with the group would be exactly what the semi-sociopathic Chicko would do. But she wouldn't have the skills to do it too well, which says that your cognitive skills post-accident have improved. Chicko's various lies were easy to spot -- well, for some people -- other people required video demonstration of their impossibility :lol:

You must now come clean and admit, you put that staple in that dude's mailbox lock.

infinite monkey 10-12-2011 12:25 PM

OK, I'll confess. I am actually Peter2005. I'm sorry I didn't tell you earlier.

Who are YOU? (By YOU I mean all y'all, who y'all?)

No, really, who? You can't hide your lyin' eyes, and your simper, well, it's a thin disguise.

:lol2:

;)

Spexxvet 10-12-2011 12:27 PM

I'm radar and rkzenrage ;)

footfootfoot 10-12-2011 12:30 PM

I liked Mari and I like Sam.

I'll jump on Sam's confessional and will confess, as many of you already know, I only have the ordinary number of feet. Just two.

infinite monkey 10-12-2011 12:32 PM

Fine. I'll go next: there really isn't an infinite number of me (thank FSM) and I'm almost hairless.

Pico and ME 10-12-2011 12:33 PM

Welllll...I'm really Pico and Pico is really Me.

infinite monkey 10-12-2011 12:33 PM

Pico is elite! (Ba DUM DUM!)

:)

Pico and ME 10-12-2011 12:34 PM

Me types, Pico dictates.

glatt 10-12-2011 12:35 PM

"Woof!"

W-O-O-F-!

infinite monkey 10-12-2011 12:36 PM

I, for one, welcome our new Pico overlord.

And haggis @ glatt!

Trilby 10-12-2011 12:37 PM

I didn't know until just yesterday that Mari was Sam. There was a very, very small inkling somewhere in the back of my mind about how weird it was that Sam is from Colorado...but Sam is so different from mari that I didn't really patch it together.

I like Sam. I believe people are really capable of change - that change, real change, is difficult and takes courage and that mari has indeed changed and is better for it.

good for you, Sam.

HungLikeJesus 10-12-2011 12:38 PM

I'll confess:
jimhelm is really Batman.

infinite monkey 10-12-2011 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spexxvet (Post 763024)
I'm radar and rkzenrage ;)

I freakin' KNEW IT. I did. I wrote it down somewhere, I'll prove it.

Where is it? Where is it? Hey, I'll mail it to you when I find it, ok? :p:

Trilby 10-12-2011 12:42 PM

sometimes I miss crazy. Like rkzenrage crazy. Remember how he got, like, an 890 on the IQ test?

Those were the days...

infinite monkey 10-12-2011 12:45 PM

My friend was telling me that her brother got a pig one time (a real oinky pig, not just a mean name for someone) and kept telling the story over and over at a party as he got drunker and drunker and by the end of the night he had about 3000 pigs and a giant farm.

SamIam 10-12-2011 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Undertoad (Post 763021)
Well somebody figured this out faster than I did, and then they mentioned it and after a while it got simple to put the pieces together.

The only thing I find hard to trust is that changing your personality to continue to interact with the group would be exactly what the semi-sociopathic Chicko would do. But she wouldn't have the skills to do it too well, which says that your cognitive skills post-accident have improved. Chicko's various lies were easy to spot -- well, for some people -- other people required video demonstration of their impossibility :lol:

You must now come clean and admit, you put that staple in that dude's mailbox lock.

Your comments are duly noted. I refuse to any longer waste my time defending Mari. You are correct about the mailbox.

Perry Winkle 10-12-2011 12:48 PM

I'm actually one of Jim's sock puppets.

Pico and ME 10-12-2011 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glatt (Post 763033)
"Woof!"

W-O-O-F-!

:eyebrow:

Pico resembles that remark.

footfootfoot 10-12-2011 12:50 PM

I'm not sorry about ur mailbox

jimhelm 10-12-2011 12:53 PM

you have to admit ... that was a funny video.

Perry Winkle 10-12-2011 12:55 PM

I have another confession. I am not actually James D'Alphonse.

Undertoad 10-12-2011 01:03 PM

Quote:

You are correct about the mailbox.
Thank you Sam! :D End of inquisition, and what a relief!

Undertoad 10-12-2011 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Perry Winkle (Post 763057)
I have another confession. I am not actually James D'Alphonse.

OK that I don't believe.

SamIam 10-12-2011 01:35 PM

The truth about staple guns: STAPLE GUN

BrilliantDisguise 10-12-2011 01:40 PM

OK, how about from now on no one else changes names? At least not until I have everyone down.:D You all are making me confused with all these different usernames. :unsure:

glatt 10-12-2011 01:43 PM

I think there are only one or two people in this thread, besides me, who haven't changed their name at some point. But all you have to do is know everyone's current name, and you're all set.

Gravdigr 10-12-2011 01:46 PM

I have a confession:

I shot J.R. Ewing.

glatt 10-12-2011 01:47 PM

I thought that was all a dream?

BrilliantDisguise 10-12-2011 01:50 PM

I think I heard Dallas is coming back.

infinite monkey 10-12-2011 01:50 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I would like all of you to say 10 Hail Marys and 10 Our Fathers, and go in peace to love and serve the Lawd.

Aliantha 10-12-2011 06:03 PM

Well it's all a bit weird. My first reaction is to feel a bit deceived but then I thought about how we're all someone else. Very few of us use our real names, and I'm pretty sure SamIam is not Sam's real name and nor was Marichiko, so I suppose it doesn't really matter.

Brilliant piece of work sucking everyone in though. lol

I got here right on the tail end of Mari being banned, and to be honest, I felt sorry for her because it just seemed to me like everyone was ganging up on her. Not too long after that, I said something that pissed someone off and had to deal with fallout from the same group of people who didn't seem to like Mari. I wonder sometimes why I stayed, but these days I'm glad I did. There are some awesome people here, and I've always found this a good place to let off steam about issues I'm better off not sharing with my nearest and dearest.

Now Sam, I just have to ask, are you sure you're not Cicero too? ;)

Aliantha 10-12-2011 06:05 PM

Oh, and why does all the interesting stuff happen when I'm sleeping!? lol

ZenGum 10-12-2011 09:10 PM

I thought this was an open secret that everyone knew but no one mentioned.

My confession: I am Spartacus.

BigV 10-12-2011 09:18 PM

*I* am Spartacus!

ZenGum 10-12-2011 09:19 PM

Fuck you, Spaniard, I AM SPARTACUS!

Aliantha 10-12-2011 09:20 PM

I must wander around this place with a freaking bag on my head or something. It never even occurred to me.

Someone please tell me I'm not the only one!

ZenGum 10-12-2011 09:26 PM

:mock: :headbag:

monster 10-12-2011 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZenGum (Post 763244)
I thought this was an open secret that everyone knew but no one mentioned.

This. well not everyone, but most of the regulars....

I knew 'cause I stumbled into the chat room one time. But I never knew mari and she got banned before I got a chance to. I say we ban SamIam and bring mari back. let's wake up in the shower and find that SamIam was all a dream..... ;)