The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Current Events (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Justice can be swift (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=27548)

plthijinx 06-20-2012 05:34 PM

Justice can be swift

I don't know about you, but if i catch someone molesting my son or daughter? he's a dead man.

Here, in Texas, you can do just that: From here

Quote:

SHINER, Texas - A man caught in the act of molesting a 4-year-old girl was beaten to death by the girl's father on the family's rural Texas ranch, authorities said Monday.

Lavaca County Sheriff Micah Harmon said the 23-year-old father, whose name has not been released, is unlikely to be arrested for Saturday's killing and that no evidence so far has led investigators to doubt his story.

*snip*

The adults were shoeing a horse and the girl and her brother had been sent to feed chickens.

The children's grandfather said the boy later came back and said his sister had been taken away by a man.

*snip*

The father found both his daughter and the 47-year-old man partially naked, investigators said.

"In the course of trying to get her away from him, and protect her, he struck the subject several times in the head and the subject died," Harmon said.

Harmon said a grand jury will decide what, if any, charges the father will face.

Then, a few days later, from here

Quote:

In declining to indict the 23-year-old father in the June 9 killing of Jesus Mora Flores, a Lavaca County grand jury reached the same conclusion as investigators and many of the father’s neighbors: He was authorized to use deadly force to protect his daughter. “It’s sad a man had to die,” said Michael James Veit, 48, who lives across the street from where the attack happened in this small community run on ranching and the Shiner beer brewery. “But I think anybody would have done that.”

*snip*

Emergency crews responding to the father’s 911 call found Flores’ pants and underwear pulled down on his lifeless body. The girl was examined at a hospital, and authorities say forensic evidence and witness accounts corroborated the father’s story that his daughter was sexually molested.

The father was never arrested, but the killing was investigated as a homicide. Philip Hilder, a Houston criminal defense attorney and former federal prosecutor, said he would have been surprised if the grand jury had decided to indict the father. Hilder said Texas law provides several justifications for the use of deadly force, including if someone commits a sexual assault.
this poor girl is scarred for life. was justice done? yes and no. yes, in the sense that this sick and twisted man will never be able to attack/subdue/rape, whateverthefuckyawannacallit, another child.

and no, because of the emotional and physical trauma she incurred during the attack.

Now. had he lived and gone to prison he'd be released eventually and out and able to attack again. see it in the news all the time.

hope the bastard rots in hell.

zippyt 06-20-2012 05:38 PM

Good Job Pops ,
I have NO problem with what he did , at ALL

fargon 06-20-2012 05:45 PM

Good for him, and the system in Texas for not prosecuting.

DanaC 06-20-2012 06:09 PM

Dont forget the impact on the father of having taken a life. From the report I read he wasn't actually trying to kill the guy. His 911 call has him urging emergency services to hurry because the man was dying.

Regardless of whether it is natural justice and no matter what the provocation, killing another human being will take its toll.

Lamplighter 06-20-2012 06:22 PM

Coach Sandusky will not be attending any football games near Shiner, TX in the near future.

plthijinx 06-20-2012 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanaC (Post 816029)
Dont forget the impact on the father of having taken a life. From the report I read he wasn't actually trying to kill the guy. His 911 call has him urging emergency services to hurry because the man was dying.

Regardless of whether it is natural justice and no matter what the provocation, killing another human being will take its toll.

perhaps, and you're right, he wasn't trying to take his life. however, i would sleep better at night knowing that i took the life of someone who was molesting my kid. accident or not.

Clodfobble 06-20-2012 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanaC

I wager it would take a bigger toll on most parents to have 'not been there,' to have failed to protect their child. There's nothing about parenting that doesn't take its toll somewhere.

plthijinx 06-20-2012 07:52 PM

^wss^

classicman 06-20-2012 11:02 PM

^wss2^

classicman 06-20-2012 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lamplighter (Post 816031)
Coach Sandusky will not be attending any football games near Shiner, TX in the near future.

UNfortunately. :/

ZenGum 06-21-2012 04:08 AM

I'm cool with the outcome, but that girl is going to have trouble getting a prom date.

Gravdigr 06-21-2012 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lamplighter (Post 816031)

I've been expecting this guy to suicide hisself any day for the last month or so...

Gravdigr 06-21-2012 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanaC (Post 816029)
...killing another human being will take its toll.

I think most parents would readily bear that burden in a situation such as this one.

DanaC 06-21-2012 11:42 AM

Oh fuck yeah. The alternative would be too awful to contemplate. Given a choice of having killed the guy or having not got to them in time to prevent rape and possibly worse I think all of us would choose the former.

I just think it's a shitty deal for the guy that he has had to do something with such serious ramifications. Just adding that to the overall cost on this family.

[eta] This is clearly one of those occasions when the law got it absolutely right. Is it a preferred option that criminals die at the scene at the hands of victims or victims' families? No. i don't particularly see that as 'justice' being served. But the guy clearly did the right thing. He protected his child and the death of the rapist was incidental to that. He didn't set out to kill him, he didn;t shoot him in the back as he was trying to get away, he did what he had to do to get the man off his baby.

glatt 06-21-2012 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravdigr (Post 816135)
I've been expecting this guy to suicide hisself any day for the last month or so...

I'm a little surprised his wife is standing by him. How can she still be in denial with that many witnesses coming forward?

jimhelm 06-21-2012 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZenGum (Post 816092)
I'm cool with the outcome, but that girl is going to have trouble getting a prom date.

She'll have a hard time finding a man that measures up to her super hero father's standard, I'll wager.

best possible outcome to that scenario, IMO.

Clodfobble 06-21-2012 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glatt (Post 816139)
I'm a little surprised his wife is standing by him. How can she still be in denial with that many witnesses coming forward?

Do they have children? Maybe she's secretly afraid that he did it to them too...

JBKlyde 06-21-2012 05:54 PM

I think when it comes to taking someones life.. by accident or by force the question "Is the world a Better place without him" has to be asked. If the answer is YES. Then you can sleep well knowing that you've done the world a justice.

Ibby 06-21-2012 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JBKlyde (Post 816226)
I think when it comes to taking someones life.. by accident or by force the question "Is the world a Better place without him" has to be asked. If the answer is YES. Then you can sleep well knowing that you've done the world a justice.

if it were open season on people the world would be better without.. we'd have a MUCH smaller world population.

DanaC 06-21-2012 06:12 PM

*snort*

JBKlyde 06-21-2012 06:13 PM

IF we killed as many of the "bad guys" as we do unborn babies, the world WOULD be a MUCH better place...

footfootfoot 06-21-2012 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zippyt (Post 816027)
Good Job Pops ,
I have NO problem with what he did , at ALL

Yeah, apart from that it was far too quick. I expect the punishment should last at least as long as the child is affected by the event.

Aliantha 06-21-2012 06:26 PM

If someone touched my child like that, I'd be happy to commit murder, then dance on the grave.

I don't care how much I might suffer for it later.

As a parent, it's your job to protect your child. There is no higher power to a child than a parent. If you fail, the consequences can be far worse, and infinitely more far reaching.

footfootfoot 06-21-2012 06:30 PM

Let's redefine "bad touch"

DanaC 06-21-2012 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JBKlyde (Post 816230)
IF we killed as many of the "bad guys" as we do unborn babies, the world WOULD be a MUCH better place...

What about the unborn babies who would have grow up to be bad people?

JBKlyde 06-21-2012 07:30 PM

Quote:

What about the unborn babies who would have grow up to be bad people?
It would balance it self out.. as long as there were proper education for the children and I mean good J of C teaching then America would awake from this Holocaust of murdering babies..

Ibby 06-21-2012 07:46 PM

Perfect timing for a holocaust reference, asshole. Copied from a friend's tumblr:

Quote:

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m5...4ecqo1_500.jpg
This is not murder.
This times 6 million is not the Holocaust
This time 50 million is not the Holocaust

A clump of cells smaller than your pinky finger cannot experience pain or fear.
A fetus is not hunted down, terrorized, starved, and tortured before it is aborted.

If you compare a fetus being aborted to the Holocaust, you are spitting on every person who died in a concentration camp, and ever Rroma hunted down and murdered, as most weren’t even deemed worthy of imprisoning.
Your racism is showing, and it’s fucking disgusting.

Lamplighter 06-21-2012 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clodfobble (Post 816172)
Do they have children? Maybe she's secretly afraid that he did it to them too...

Mike Isikoff (NBC) reported today that the Prosecution informed Sandusky's attorney
(while in Judge's chambers) that if Sandusky did take the stand to testify,
they would call Sandusky's adopted son in rebuttal, as a prosecution witness,
saying he too was molested.

The pundits are suggesting that's the reason Sandusky did not testify.

orthodoc 06-21-2012 09:43 PM

She had to know; all those years, all those kids - she had to. And ... their adopted son? Not exactly surprising, but still. This 'woman standing by her man' ought to be charged as an accessory after the fact.

Clodfobble 06-21-2012 10:04 PM

Look at it this way: when he goes to jail (and she must know that he will,) she will own and control everything that is theirs. If she divorces him now, she will get maybe half of everything that is theirs, and the other half will be under the control of someone else while he is in prison forever. Maybe their kids will start their own legal battles with the assigned trustee over who gets what from "dad's half." Maybe from jail he will have nothing better to do than draw out the divorce battle for a decade. Sometimes, when your world falls apart, the best thing to do is simply what is most practical and self-serving, and screw what everyone else thinks.

orthodoc 06-21-2012 10:11 PM

Well, she can get a 'fault' divorce if he's incarcerated more than two years (A given, I think. I hope.). And she would likely get more than half. However, if she just wants control of everything ...

JBKlyde 06-21-2012 11:28 PM

Quote:

This is not murder.
This times 6 million is not the Holocaust
This time 50 million is not the Holocaust

A clump of cells smaller than your pinky finger cannot experience pain or fear.
A fetus is not hunted down, terrorized, starved, and tortured before it is aborted.

If you compare a fetus being aborted to the Holocaust, you are spitting on every person who died in a concentration camp, and ever Rroma hunted down and murdered, as most weren’t even deemed worthy of imprisoning.
Your racism is showing, and it’s fucking disgusting
That's just a deluded statement.. Life begins and ends with a heart beat. When 2 people come together, black, white, brown, or yellow... 2 have sex.. the GOD given reason for doing that is to make a baby. YOU on the other hand are just congering up ways to SIN with your immortality.. and that's why your deluded to the point that you can't see this...
http://www.wickedshepherds.com/Abort...Holocaust.html

Flint 06-21-2012 11:43 PM

If I were ever put in a situation where I needed to (justifiably) take the life of another human being, I do not believe that I would suffer greatly, or fret or ruminate over my actions. Now, given the vagaries of the human subconscious... "feelings" and such... I'm sure I cannot make that determination, definitively.

But I completely believe that any inconvenience that could arise within my psyche as a result of my doing what needed to be done, I believe I could squash that inconvenience. Easily. ... Maybe I am a cold, disengaged human being, teetering on the brink of sociopathy. But I don't think I would "feel bad" about killing someone that "needed killing" ... I tend to make a decision and stick with it.

"Fuck the world" because I know I am right-- that kind of thing.

Ibby 06-22-2012 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JBKlyde (Post 816269)
That's just a deluded statement.. Life begins and ends with a heart beat. When 2 people come together, black, white, brown, or yellow... 2 have sex.. the GOD given reason for doing that is to make a baby. YOU on the other hand are just congering up ways to SIN with your immortality.. and that's why your deluded to the point that you can't see this...

sure.. you sick twisted fuck.

DanaC 06-22-2012 05:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JBKlyde (Post 816269)

So...when a guy squirts on a sock that's murder?

Or, is it only when the heartbeat occurs, because, as far as I know there isn't any kind of a heart on that petrie dish.

Oh, hang on, no. I know the answer to this. It becomes a protected life the moment it is inside the woman's body. From that moment on it is worth more than the woman incubating it, right? Has more rights than her, eh?

That woman who added an amendment to make it illegal for a man to spill his seed anywhere bu6t inside a woman's vagina got it bang to rights. Because that's an outrageous intrusion onto individual freedom eh? Everybody thought that was ridiculous and wrong.

But a woman's body well that's another matter entirely. At heart society believes that women's bodies 'belong' to it, whilst men's bodies belong to themselves.

infinite monkey 06-22-2012 09:05 AM

"Justice is a bitch," he said swiftly.

Clodfobble 06-22-2012 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanaC
Or, is it only when the heartbeat occurs, because, as far as I know there isn't any kind of a heart on that petrie dish.

By the time the woman knows she is pregnant, there is in fact a detectable heartbeat.

Of course, the female body itself will reject 2-3 times as many fertilized eggs as those that it actually allows to progress. Most women have been "pregnant" a few times and never known it.

infinite monkey 06-22-2012 11:44 AM

"That's thought provoking," she said, after a pregnant pause.

I'm on a really bad Swiftie kick today. It's a bad kick. And they're bad Swifties (I quickly added.)

JBKlyde 06-22-2012 12:54 PM

So I'm a sick twisted fuck because I masturbate.. I'm not a smart man but I know the difference between good and evil... I choose to resign from this conversation on the grounds that I am not informed enough to continue this debate.

infinite monkey 06-22-2012 01:01 PM

"I like to masturbate," he sputtered. "Conceivably, no one gets pregnant."

Ibby 06-22-2012 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JBKlyde (Post 816339)
So I'm a sick twisted fuck because I masturbate..

uh. you're a sick twisted fuck because you're comparing the removal of what basically amounts to an unwanted tumor, to the systematic government imprisonment, torture, rape, experimentation, and finally agonizing extermination of "undesirable" minority groups. You know, people with, uh, nervous systems and emotions and consciousness and lives and all that jazz. Even if tiny clumps of cells WERE anything like actual living humans you would STILL be a sick twisted fuck for comparing it to the holocaust.
You can jack off all you damn well please.

infinite monkey 06-22-2012 01:17 PM

"There are laws about such things," he re-torted.

infinite monkey 06-22-2012 01:41 PM

"Can't we all just get a schlong?" she asked cockily.

henry quirk 06-22-2012 02:38 PM

"you're a sick twisted fuck because you're comparing the removal of what basically amounts to an unwanted tumor, to the systematic government imprisonment, torture, rape, experimentation, and finally agonizing extermination of "undesirable" minority groups."

No. Comparing (in an unsophisticated way) one to the other doesn't make him a sick, twisted, fuck.

If he actually imprisoned, tortured, raped, experimented on, and exterminated folks then, yeah, *maybe that might make him a sick, twisted, fuck.

Comparing abortion to holocaust: nope, doesn't make the grade for sick twisted fuck-ness.

*I say 'maybe' 'cause history (culture) is usually written by the winner(s)...if things had gone Hitler's way, the holocaust wouldn’t be viewed as a horror but as the simple -- if costly -- eradication of vermin.

infinite monkey 06-22-2012 02:43 PM

"Hitler was a dictator," he said with absolute certainty.

henry quirk 06-22-2012 03:07 PM

And: for the record...

...if you, Ibram, wanna casually throw around 'sick, twisted, fuck' just 'cause some schlub compares abortion to holocaust, then you must consider the possibility some one might, one day, point out a 'he' who insists in being a 'she' could, maybe, possibly, be a sick, twisted, fuck himself.

Now: that 'some one' is NOT 'me'.

Frankly: I don't care if you cut it off, encase it in Lucite, and call yourself Mary...your gender issues neither profit me nor cost me, so, do as you like.

I merely thought it important to make sure you understand: maybe not every one believes you to be an unchallengeable iconoclast.

Again: that's NOT 'me'.

I don't give a flip one way or another if you tuck it back and prance in front of a mirror and call yourself Carol...as you like.

Just saying: some folks make a distinction between the kind of dumb, immature, political analogy used by JBKlyde and actually DOING vast, genocidal, harm, AND, such folks might also categorize cross-dressing and whatnot as the acts of an unhealthy mind (perhaps so unhealthy so as to be considered sick, twisted, and fucked).

Not me, of course: 'cause I don't care if you put on a push-up, heels, frilly panties and call yourself Helen then sell it to sailors down at the docks…not my concern.

*shrug*

infinite monkey 06-22-2012 03:15 PM

"What you do with your penis is none of my concern," he said pointedly.

Ibby 06-22-2012 03:24 PM

Hey henry, dont look now but your bigot is showing

henry quirk 06-22-2012 03:25 PM

"What you do with your penis is none of my concern," he said pointedly."

HA!

These bon mots are the only entertaining part of the thread.

Continue!

henry quirk 06-22-2012 03:26 PM

"Hey henry, dont look now but your bigot is showing"

Maybe, but does that make me wrong?

Ibby 06-22-2012 03:29 PM

Yes. yes it does. coughbigotcough.

infinite monkey 06-22-2012 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by henry quirk (Post 816388)
HA!

These bon mots are the only entertaining part of the thread.

Continue!

Thanks! I really tried to work 'bigot' into one (he's got a big-ot one, look at how bigot got! that kind of thing) but they just weren't clicking. And talking about a big one seemed to hit a bit close to the bone, if you know what I mean.

She said testily.

:lol:

henry quirk 06-22-2012 03:37 PM

I see: you assess me as bigot and ignore my point (that being: your use of 'sick, twisted, fuck' was inappropriate).

Fine by me, sir.

Ibby 06-22-2012 03:40 PM

*ma'am
i think anyone who compares prettymuch any fuckin' trifle to the fucking holocaust has something desperately wrong with them. I don't think my use of sick twisted fuck was unjustified. maybe i have a lower sick-fuck threshold than you do. i think there's a lot of sick twisted fucks out there.

infinite monkey 06-22-2012 03:46 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Wait, there was dessert at the holocaust?

I slay me. (But no one else, I ain't slain no one else.)

henry quirk 06-22-2012 03:49 PM

"i think there's a lot of sick twisted fucks out there"

Sure...but, JbKlyde is not one of them...he's a schlub, nothing more.

#

"maybe i have a lower sick-fuck threshold than you do"

I call that being thin-skinned and 'sensitive'.

#

And: 'till you can offer up a DNA test proving otherwise: you're a boy and I'll address you as such.

What other folks do (that they call you 'miss') is irrelevant to what I do.

Ibby 06-22-2012 04:16 PM

yeah, cuz like i said, you're a fucking bigot cunt. oh well. i understand how basic human respect and decency is hard for some people. I'll live.

plthijinx 06-22-2012 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by infinite monkey (Post 816363)
"Can't we all just get a schlong?" she asked cockily.

get me a towel to wipe the beer i spewed off my monitor STAT!

dang it Infi! you got me again!

infinite monkey 06-22-2012 06:15 PM

You laughing makes me laugh! :)

plthijinx 06-22-2012 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by infinite monkey (Post 816399)
Wait, there was dessert at the holocaust?

I slay me. (But no one else, I ain't slain no one else.)

is that Hobo in the bottom of that bowl? :eyebrow: