The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Dear Family (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=26404)

sexobon 11-30-2011 07:44 AM

Deer Family,

It's open season again. If the party's over, at least I went stag. Remember what I taught you ... stay out of headlights.

Your Buck.

ETA:
Quote:

Originally Posted by monster (Post 776641)
you orphaned my post! And stole my joke. I was funnier :p:

Heaven forbid! :eek:
Quote:

Originally Posted by monster (Post 776637)

;)

monster 11-30-2011 07:45 AM

you orphaned my post! And stole my joke. I was funnier :p:

infinite monkey 11-30-2011 07:48 AM

Deer Family,

Doe you know how much I worry about you? This new trend with you kids, the bright orange vests...what are you thinking? I'm so afraid I'll hoof to come identify you in the back of some rusty pick-up truck.

By the way, did you watch Rudolph last night? Now there's a deer with some gumption. You should aspire to be like him. Sure, he had a red nose, and lived with Santa, and was a REINdeer...but there's no reason you can't do any of those things.

Love,

Aunt Ler and Uncle Buck

monster 11-30-2011 07:56 AM

D'oh Family,

I'm feeling very marge-inal about you all and our homer. You make me want to bart. I think I'mma lisa new condo in Florida.

infinite monkey 11-30-2011 07:58 AM

:lol:

And I don't want to hear no mo about it!

monster 11-30-2011 08:04 AM

Dear Thor,

If the pants won't stay up so you have use tie triple knots in the decorative string to keep them on while the sparkly button sags out forming a second waistband big enough for a cat, and if they're kinda coming past your toes, and if they have all sorts of pockets you haven't seen before that don't seem to open properly...... they're Hebe's.

Clodfobble 11-30-2011 06:35 PM

Ha! :lol: I'd say you should have let him go to school like that, but I bet it wouldn't make him pay any closer attention to it.

Aliantha 11-30-2011 07:03 PM

Dear Husband,

No those navy trousers do not match your black suit jacket, particularly when you're going to parliament house today to talk to politicians about fisheries and environmental issues and want to make a professional impression.

What's that you say? You're not going to wear a belt on your trousers? You think that's ok? Oh, you can't find a belt?

Here's one! Now just bend over while I thrash you with it before you put it on!

Your loving wife,

Ali.
xxx

monster 11-30-2011 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clodfobble (Post 776768)
Ha! :lol: I'd say you should have let him go to school like that, but I bet it wouldn't make him pay any closer attention to it.

Hebe would've killed him and me and anyone else in the near vicinity....

monster 11-30-2011 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aliantha (Post 776773)
Dear Husband,

No those navy trousers do not match your black suit jacket, particularly when you're going to parliament house today to talk to politicians about fisheries and environmental issues and want to make a professional impression.

What's that you say? You're not going to wear a belt on your trousers? You think that's ok? Oh, you can't find a belt?

Here's one! Now just bend over while I thrash you with it before you put it on!

Your loving wife,

Ali.
xxx

Hector rocks that exact look too -blue track jacket with black track pants (elasticated, no belt required thankfully).....and adds brown shorts underneath so he can strip down and be manly and still clash in the sub-zero temperatures...... I don't know why all his pants are blue, all his jackets are black and all his shorts are brown (plaid) -I think the fashion gremlins must live in his closet.

ZenGum 11-30-2011 09:57 PM

Dear Ali,

Thank you for your concern. Please note that I am a scientist and we are meant to look like nerds. The government chaps won't listen to me unless I am dressed like a dweeb.
I apologise, but I had to take the belt off and leave it in the office. Because of the matching trousers, it was necessary for me to get some egg yolk on my shirt.

On behalf of

Dr Dazza

monster 11-30-2011 10:21 PM

Dear Dr Dazza,

Do you also have leather elbow patches?

Brianna.

ZenGum 11-30-2011 10:46 PM

Yes. So does my jacket.

Aliantha 11-30-2011 10:53 PM

Dear Dr Dazza,

You're getting a bit old for the absent minded professor look.

Respectfully,

Your wife!

monster 11-30-2011 11:19 PM

Dear Wife,

who are you again? Here, hold my plate while I go chat up offer guidance to that amazing bit of post-grad tottie....