The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's upsetting you today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=14114)

Elspode 09-05-2007 07:02 PM

fuck no...if only. No, I ended up being probably the only person out of 350 or so who did not have sex that night.

DucksNuts 09-05-2007 07:05 PM

I'm soooo coming over to one of them there fuck fests.

Cicero 09-06-2007 10:49 AM

Hey that sex party sounds like a good cure! Maybe if my husband saw that other people do it- it would be ok.

Thanks for your contribution everyone....we talked about things last night....it sounds kind of like a misunderstanding by the both of us. Apparently he was waiting for me in bed....and I was waiting for him to come back. This is what it sounds like..........

I asked him point blank: Do you still find me attractive? The answer was decidedly yes.

Well I'm still left hanging here.......he finds me attractive but what about sex or intimacy?

What a pickle. Don't people at least have make-up sex or something?

I'm still not convinced. (if we can use convinced as a action verb)

Well I guess that I am done with the topic now....I have different stuff to worry about- stuff that actually applies to the grand scheme of things. Now I can say- so I don't have sex anymore..... So what?

Back to square one.......

DanaC 09-06-2007 12:07 PM

If he finds you attractive but doesn't want to have sex with you then there is clearly a problem. It may be his libido is low, but whatever it is it's worth exploring.

jinx 09-06-2007 01:09 PM

Cic, that's fucked up, I'd be pissed. I hope you can figure out what's up and work thru it.

Makes the "too much dressing on my salad" that I was going to bitch about seem kinda... small.

DanaC 09-06-2007 01:13 PM

Quote:

Makes the "too much dressing on my salad" that I was going to bitch about seem kinda... small.
lol jinx:P

BigV 09-06-2007 01:32 PM

weeds

Clodfobble 09-06-2007 03:56 PM

Now hang on, V, I can see how the joke threads are irritating to you, but this thread has actually provided a lot of interesting information about the various posters. It's a place to receive compassion or generally gripe without starting a whole new thread about it, what's so terrible about that?

Edit: Oh. Wait. I'm dumb. You were saying that the "weeds" are what's upsetting you. Moving on, then.

HungLikeJesus 09-06-2007 04:27 PM

I thought he was saying that salads are weeds, which I would agree with.

Elspode 09-06-2007 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DucksNuts (Post 382236)
I'm soooo coming over to one of them there fuck fests.

Heartland Pagan Festival - May 22-26, 2008. We are considering hiring Wendy Rule, a fellow Aussie, to be a performer. Maybe you could fly along on her coattails or something...

Clodfobble 09-06-2007 09:53 PM

Dinner failed miserably tonight. It was only barely edible, and because it was being prepared in batches, I just gave up and stopped halfway through.

We had scrambled eggs instead.

DucksNuts 09-06-2007 10:15 PM

What was dinner Clod?

Clodfobble 09-06-2007 10:18 PM

It was supposed to be these potato-pancake things (officially called llapingachos, traditionally from Ecuador. I was originally searching for a recipe for latkes, but these looked easier.) I have never successfully made anything that required frying, I don't know why I keep attempting it.

DucksNuts 09-06-2007 10:35 PM

Ohhh, I hear ya.

I cant make corn bread, now, corn bread is not a big thing over here (we dont have corn meal) but I cant get the shit to work without falling to pieces.

With all over frying type things (like your pancakes), I always find at least 24hrs refrigeration helps them stay together during the frying.

I cant say the same about corn bread though.

I was very proud of myself and the salmon patties I made that actually stayed together the other nite.

Razzmatazz13 09-06-2007 11:06 PM

UGH
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l7...3/DSCF1317.gif
So...you see that nice combination of swirly color...those are very small beads....and you see that nice empty container next to it....those are where the beads were sorted by color...you see that empty bag? That's where the beads came from mixed in a multicolor pack...and that needle on top of the empty bead holder which you probably CAN'T see...is what I used to sort them.

Yeah I just finished that pack about two minutes before I knocked over the container...and they're all nearly the same color too :bawling:

DucksNuts 09-06-2007 11:32 PM

Oh fuck

and I am glad your desk is as messy as mine :)

Razzmatazz13 09-07-2007 12:40 AM

Teehee...my desk is always covered in things because I like having everything at hand instantly...I have a shot of the setup of my desk at college...every drawer pulled out in sucession with lots and lots of things piled all around...with all my beads at hand so I could get to them easily :D..

Edit: Still cleaning up beads, btw.

glatt 09-07-2007 11:11 AM

I accidentally caused someone's computer account to be deleted at work yesterday. He came in to work this morning to find he couldn't login. He's kind of important too.

oops.

To fix it, I had to acknowledge my mistake to an entire department, and put in the request to get it fixed.

All because I clicked a millimeter higher on the screen than I should have. And then didn't catch my mistake when I proofed it later.

Clodfobble 09-07-2007 11:26 AM

Don't feel bad, glatt. At a company I once worked for, the IT guys were migrating the email system, and only thought they had properly replicated everything over before they deleted all the old accounts.

Oh, and then they found out they'd been doing email backups wrong for for three-plus years. There was nothing to restore from.

Over a hundred employees, 100% of their email accounts lost. All emails, all contacts in the addressbooks, everything. But nobody was fired!

Flint 09-07-2007 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clodfobble (Post 383056)
Oh, and then they found out they'd been doing email backups wrong for for three-plus years. There was nothing to restore from.

From Computer Stupidities:
Quote:

Customer: "What do you mean, other tape? When it said second volume, I just hit enter again."
Quote:

• Tech Support: "Do you have a valid backup?"
• Customer: "Yes, of course."
• Tech Support: "When you came this morning, was anything printed out on the printer?"
• Customer: "Yes."
• Tech Support: "And what did it say?"
• Customer: "Just like it says every day"
• Tech Support: "Would you mind reading that off to me?"
• Customer: "Error XX: Backup Operation Failed."
Quote:

We have a customer with tons of data produced every day. They insisted on backing up the stuff themselves, though they had a maintenance contract with our company. Anyway, one of their administrators put a DAT tape into the drive every night and removed it the next morning, labelled it, and stored it in a closet. One day the disk crashed. They called us because they couldn't restore the data from tape for some reason. It turned out that although they did put a tape in every night, remove it every morning, label it, and store it, what they forgot to do was run the backup script. They had a year's supply of backup tapes, neatly dated, and all of them empty.

glatt 09-07-2007 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clodfobble (Post 383056)
Don't feel bad, glatt.

I feel bad, but I'm also a little amused by it. Conflicting feelings. I can see the humor in the mistake. I'd feel totally fine if I heard from the guy that he's cool with it. I left him a voice mail, but he hasn't called back. Probably won't.

BigV 09-07-2007 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clodfobble (Post 382872)
It was supposed to be these potato-pancake things (officially called llapingachos, traditionally from Ecuador. I was originally searching for a recipe for latkes, but these looked easier.) I have never successfully made anything that required frying, I don't know why I keep attempting it.

frying is (obviously) very temperature sensitive.

Too hot == burned outside and/or raw inside.

too cold == soggy oily yuck.

Good tools (Cast iron for pan frying, bigger is better, deep fryer for deep frying duh, bigger helps here too) make a world of diifference.

my pancakes are fried, technically. the first batch... for the dog.
then after the skillet gets to the sweet spot of hotness and oilyness... the just work for the rest of the bowl of batter.

Deep frying... I have a problem with that too, since I'm impatient and try to load up the fryer/pan with too much cold food and it chills the oil too much. It's hard. It's extra hard to do in tiny batches.

don't give up. :)

glatt 09-07-2007 12:06 PM

I was watching one of those cooking shows over the weekend, and they were doing a thing on fried foods, and spent a lot of time obsessing about how the temperature of the oil has to be perfect. They had a thermometer and they calculated the volume of oil needed so there wouldn't be too large a drop in temp when the food was added.

Apparently, it's pretty complicated.

Flint 09-07-2007 12:42 PM

There's one way of showing how to do something where you make it as easy as possible to understand, and there's another way where you make it pretty much impossible to understand, so that what you're doing appears so much more difficult than it is, and therefore you appear to be some kind of expert for knowing how to do it correctly.

Spexxvet 09-07-2007 01:14 PM

I'm unhappy because Lumberjim doesn't think I'm funny.:sniff: :cry:

wolf 09-07-2007 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Razzmatazz13 (Post 382886)
Yeah I just finished that pack about two minutes before I knocked over the container...and they're all nearly the same color too :bawling:

That's a bitch. Why not buy them pre-sorted?

I am also a beader. Now I need to know what kind of beadwork you do, along with any other particulars ... you a stringer, loomer, or off-loomer?

(me, off loom, mainly peyote)

To avoid similar catastrophies, I try not to use multiple-slot bead containers, unless they are something larger, like crow beads or the big dangly bits for finishings.

Flint 09-07-2007 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wolf
I am also a beader. Now I need to know what kind of beadwork you do, along with any other particulars ... you a stringer, loomer, or off-loomer?

I thought peyote came in "buttons" ... not "beads" ... ???

limey 09-07-2007 01:24 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I'm not a beader per se, but am beading a stole I am knitting. I have found the ideal container to hold the beads that I need to dip into now and again with a crochet hook - an old inkwell. Designed and made to be not-knock-over-able. Fantastic (and it used to belong to my grandfather, too!).

Razzmatazz13 09-07-2007 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wolf (Post 383107)
That's a bitch. Why not buy them pre-sorted?

To avoid similar catastrophies, I try not to use multiple-slot bead containers, unless they are something larger, like crow beads or the big dangly bits for finishings.

I started making jewelery...my ankles are a bit larger than the size 0's that live around here so I can hardly ever find jewelery to fit my ankles/wrists. My mom really liked what I was making, so she tried it, and makes jewelery now too (her style is very different though). We have so much fun making them that now we've got tons more than we'd ever need, and are trying to get around to selling them (I've sold a few through work already, and so has she.)

Buying them unsorted makes the cost of making a bracelet/anklet about $0.25 for me, including the labor of sorting the beads. So I can sell them around $2.00 or $3.00 and buy nicer beads for the next batch.

I've got a few of those separate containers, and they're very nice but they're a lot more expensive than these small boxes. Also, I'd love to learn other ways of using the beads, those loom thingies look pretty neat. :D
Also Also, knitting is cool, but I'd definitley need to learn from a person, not a book. (and I don't know any persons who knit.)

Griff 09-07-2007 02:37 PM

And now having revealed this, you'll have to post your art on its own thread.:)

Razzmatazz13 09-07-2007 02:48 PM

Me? :eek6:

Griff 09-07-2007 03:09 PM

yep

DanaC 09-07-2007 03:12 PM

Ouch. That sucks. Forgive me if this is a stupid question, but is it not possible to buy several bags of beads each with a different single colour?

BigV 09-07-2007 04:05 PM

I'm faced with a question I'm afraid to ask, cannot defer, avoid, or alter. And I don't know any likely good answers.

HungLikeJesus 09-07-2007 04:12 PM

BigV - why don't you post it here. I'm sure you'll get lots of answers.

Flint 09-07-2007 04:14 PM

I think you're making the mistake of thinking you've got it all figured out in advance, BigV.
I understand that feeling, and I know that it causes unnecessary misery. I, too, invite you to share.

BigV 09-07-2007 04:16 PM

Thanks for the offer.

The question is only pertinent in different company. "You" cannot answer it, nor can I, nor can anyone else here at the cellar.

I do appreciate your desire to help.

Flint 09-07-2007 04:18 PM

Okay. I accept that. But I still suspect you're bearing the weight of advance thinking.

BigV 09-07-2007 04:27 PM

I am continuously guilty of thinking continuously. Occasionally, I overthink things too.

I do so out of habit, among other reasons. One reliable side effect is to reduce my fear of the unknown. But in this case, it is not working.

I have alluded to it in other situations many many times. It is quite "like me" to think and think... as I am doing now. But I am still uneasy.

I am being forced to do something I do not want to do. I am unsettled as to my response to this situation.

zippyt 09-07-2007 04:49 PM

being on vacation all week and staying on the phone with coworkers working on scales that I generly work on ,
Then just now getting off the phone with a customer ( that these SAME folks have been at all week ) with the customer saying " I know that you are on vacation , BUT I am past getting frustrated !!!!!"
we talked , I have to be there 8am Monday morning .
YeeHaww !!!!! Hell of a vacation !!!!!

I think I'll have a beer now .

Elspode 09-07-2007 06:17 PM

I am now officially 0-3 in the date department. My opportunities this week have been eliminated by, in order (1) deciding to forego sexual interactions outside of marriage for awhile, (2) three day migraine, and (3) a staph infection of the leg.

Is there a patron saint of pathos?

Razzmatazz13 09-07-2007 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanaC (Post 383173)
Ouch. That sucks. Forgive me if this is a stupid question, but is it not possible to buy several bags of beads each with a different single colour?

Yeah...but it costs me more to make the bracelets....it's always cheaper to buy in bulk, ya know.

xoxoxoBruce 09-07-2007 09:59 PM

Put a handkerchief over the vacuum clearer nozzle and suck 'em up.

Aliantha 09-07-2007 10:21 PM

I can't get into gabbly and I don't know why. I've always been able to before.

Razzmatazz13 09-07-2007 10:24 PM

Open a completely new browser window...that usually fixes it for me.

lumberjim 09-07-2007 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aliantha (Post 383322)
I can't get into gabbly and I don't know why. I've always been able to before.

i didnt do it!

Perry Winkle 09-08-2007 12:10 AM

I'm in the midst of a vicious summer cold. I have to be better by Sunday morning so I can go row.

If I'm can't go, I'm going to be pissed.

Bullitt 09-08-2007 01:30 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I have to move on..

zippyt 09-08-2007 01:57 AM

care to elaborate ???

Aliantha 09-08-2007 02:13 AM

That sounds ominous bullit. I hope you're coping ok with whatever it is you're moving on from.

bluecuracao 09-08-2007 02:23 AM

It could be ominous, but it could also be very liberating! Or both.

DanaC 09-08-2007 06:30 AM

Bullitt, remember we're here if you need a sounding board, mate.

Cicero 09-08-2007 02:11 PM

Just to follow up.....my husband bought me flowers, dressed up in a suit, and yes.........He well made up for sexual transgressions. A happy ending to my madness. I guess you have to point out to people what they are not doing sometimes........and say why? So they can say...what the hell...why not.

Bullitt 09-08-2007 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluecuracao (Post 383361)
It could be ominous, but it could also be very liberating! Or both.

Both. I've put up with her for too long and it's time for me to just let go and move on with my life. When you cannot even tell a person your thoughts without them having a meltdown on you, that's a pretty good sign that things just aren't right.
Elaboration: Broke up with the g/f of almost two years in May, spent the summer recuperating with my buddies. Now, we're all back at school, and me and the girl share the same group of close friends. In the course of talking and hanging out, etc., I discovered that I still had feelings for her. I asked her if she wanted to get back together and she said she would think about it.
Fast forward two weeks to two nights ago, she still has not given an answer and I decide that I want to just be single for awhile and not mess with this whole restarting the relationship business with her. On top of the fact that I was reminded through various means of the reasons I broke it off with her in the first place. To give you an idea, I have never encountered someone so damn frustrating and hard headed in my entire life. Not even middle schoolers compare to this girl. So I tell her straight up, no beating around the bush what I'm feeling about this and she explodes. Accusing me of "playing games" and "messing with her head".

Yeah I'm done with this.

Oh yeah and the icing on the shit cake here, her surprise 21st birthday party is tonight and literally every one of my friends here at school will be there. Awesome.

elSicomoro 09-08-2007 03:51 PM

I'm getting more "cannot attend" notices for the wedding than I would have liked. :(

Drax 09-08-2007 04:06 PM

My folks have been planning to go to the grocery store this for the past two weeks, but something keeps coming up.

DucksNuts 09-09-2007 06:37 PM

New haircut!

I never like a new haircut.

rkzenrage 09-10-2007 12:16 AM

I love mine, get one almost every day.
I hope you like yours soon.

DucksNuts 09-10-2007 05:24 AM

I always do RK, just takes me a couple of days to work out how I want to do it (which usually involves, finger combing and air drying).

Yours is high maintenance:p

Cicero 09-10-2007 11:21 AM

Bullit

"May the bridges we burn light our way forward."

My husband found that on a bathroom wall in a bar. Not bad......