The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Home Base (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Your Best Costume... (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=12194)

Pangloss62 10-27-2006 05:56 PM

Your Best Costume...

For a Halloween Party

I was St. Francis. As a lapsed Catholic, I decided to be the Saint of my middle name. I got a real, monastic alb, and I hand-made a walking staff. I put a hand-made crucifix on the top, bound with leather straps. I got some fake birdies and perched them on the latter. I put the stigmata on my feet and hands. To top it off, I got a small cassette player and stuffed it under my cycling shorts under the alb; it played a tape of Gregorian Chant music.

It was great. I even surprised myself. Amen.:)

Hoof Hearted 10-27-2006 09:03 PM

I'll have photos after tomorrow night's costume party and we're all dressed up!

glatt 10-28-2006 02:52 PM

Jolly green giant. Tunic made of leaves, and painted green.

Ibby 10-29-2006 08:29 AM

Either a Barrel of Toxic Waste (thank you, calvin!) or Bono.

DanaC 10-29-2006 08:44 AM

My two best costumes were: White faced dead chick, complete with strangulation marks and torn white stockings; Joan of Arc, chain-mail tunic achieved with a long black t-shirt with the sleeves removed, several silver liner pens and about 12 hours dedicated work :P
Out of the two, I think Joan of Arc was the sexiest.

marichiko 10-29-2006 09:03 AM

Puss in boots. I had a Spanish conquistador's outfit borrowed from a friend, big black boots over my knees, a nice black cat's tail, cat ears and whiskers, and to top it all off, a swash buckling cardboard sword that looked quite real.

barefoot serpent 11-01-2006 01:18 PM

my wife and I went as Mondale & Ferraro ('84 IIRC): she was Fritz and I was Ferraro.

Spexxvet 11-01-2006 02:05 PM

Not mine, but my favorite. A friend came to a party as elephant man. He wore a bulky overcoat and a sack over his head, like the movie. When he took off the coat and sack, he was in a grey sweatsuit, with elephant-foot slippers, and had a "trunk-nose" over his own nose. He was a double elephant man!

bluecuracao 11-02-2006 06:12 PM

Best was Bride of Chucky a few years ago--couples costume, of course. Second best was the Grim Reaper, when I was four years old. I didn't even know what it was called--I told my mother I wanted to wear a skull mask and a black cape with a hood (but no scythe; wasn't aware I should carry one, and mom didn't mention it).

Nothing too exciting this year--just a witch, for the second or third time. My hair's usually really long this time of year, so it's easy.

Happy Monkey 11-02-2006 06:52 PM

My best was a black papier mache dragon, with a head about two feet long that my mom made me when I was a wee lad.

The best in my family was an odd white bird creature inspired by a Hieronymus Bosch creation.

Scazrelet 11-06-2006 06:51 AM

I did this thing with my friends where we all dressed up as twisted versions of characters from Alice and Wonderland. We set up a "tea party" on the driveway and tried to get people to join us. We used an old table and a whole bunch of mismatched dishes I bought from salvation army, as well as fake blood/eyeballs/creepy crawlies/foodstuffs. I was the Queen of Hearts.