The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's upsetting you today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=14114)

classicman 05-16-2011 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clodfobble (Post 734362)
I'm really sure that, as a mom, I want to burn her house down.

Merc can probably make that happen... jus sayin'. :flamer:

lookout123 05-16-2011 03:11 PM

Only update is that he is still alive and has not had any more seizures as they've weened him off the anti-seizure meds.

classicman 05-16-2011 03:49 PM

that's a start ... being alive is a good beginning.

DanaC 05-17-2011 04:50 AM

J's dad's ex and mother of his half sister Rosie, has been diagnosed with breast cancer. She's really scared. One of her closest friends (I mentioned it att he time, it was quite shocking to us all) died of cancer a few years ago. Apparently though, wheras Ronnie had a very fast moving form of cancer which is almost impossible to treat, Romy's is the less dangerous variety and hopefully this means her chances of survival are good. Though her age (I think she's in her early late 50s/early 60s) might go against her.

I can only imagne what Rosie (her daughter, J's kid sister) is going through right now.

Romy, along with J's dad and stepmother, was a huge influence on me in my late teens. J, his dad and his stepmum were all living at Romy's house awaiting the completion of their new house, when I met him. Had many happy Sunday lunches with them all.

I know it sounds really cliched to say that someone loves life. We all love life even if we don't realise it. But Romy is one of those vibrant and engaging people. An actor, director and singer of great talent. Passionate, artistic and political. A true child of the 60s.

I just hope she's going to be ok.

Fuck cancer.

Griff 05-17-2011 05:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanaC (Post 734456)

Fuck cancer.

Truly.

Sundae 05-19-2011 02:45 PM

Quote:

In time you'll recognise that love is larger than life
I don't think I ever will. Not now.

Sorry. A line from a song made me quite tearful tonight.

lookout123 05-20-2011 11:38 AM

After many tests and consultations it has been decided my friend is no longer in there. Today they will remove all external support and move him to hospice where he will be kept as comfortable as possible until he passes.

infinite monkey 05-20-2011 11:44 AM

I'm so sorry lookout. There just aren't words for this. :(

lookout123 05-20-2011 11:57 AM

I'm sad but not devastated. I know he would have wanted to live out his life at the level that was expected even before the problems associated with this surgery. There were 3 of us who have literally been the closest of friends for 35 years. I was always the one expected to go first, but he beat me to this just as he did with most things in life. I've got 35 years of great memories and a load of Guinness to work my way through tonight.

limey 05-20-2011 12:03 PM

Lookout - I'm so sorry.
DanaC - fuck cancer.
Sundae - hugs.

infinite monkey 05-20-2011 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lookout123 (Post 735251)
I'm sad but not devastated. I know he would have wanted to live out his life at the level that was expected even before the problems associated with this surgery. There were 3 of us who have literally been the closest of friends for 35 years. I was always the one expected to go first, but he beat me to this just as he did with most things in life. I've got 35 years of great memories and a load of Guinness to work my way through tonight.

What lovely thoughts. To love and be loved, that is what is important in this life.

Clodfobble 05-20-2011 12:08 PM

Dammit, lookout. I'm so sorry. Hugs to you, and to his wife and kid as well.

classicman 05-20-2011 12:22 PM

Lookout - I am so very sorry for his family, friends and all of those who loved him.
He will live on in a sense through you. I hope you take some solace in knowing that.
That is one of life's greatest accomplishments, to live on in others after you pass.
Thoughts and prayers to all.

footfootfoot 05-20-2011 12:32 PM

Shit, Lookout. that sucks. I'm so sorry.

glatt 05-20-2011 12:38 PM

I'm so sorry, Lookout. That really sucks.