The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Image of the Day (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   July 31, 2009: Beauty Pageant (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=20773)

xoxoxoBruce 07-31-2009 12:17 AM

July 31, 2009: Beauty Pageant

Isn't she lovely
Isn't she wonderfull
Isn't she precious

http://cellar.org/2009/camel.jpg

Yes, a beauty:rolleyes: pageant for camels.

Quote:

For nine days the animals paraded before a grandstand—camels of all sorts, the most prestigious being groupings of 35 females—and imperious judges waved away the homelier groups with their dejected owners. As the days passed, the judges rewarded certain standards with dispatch, winnowing a field of some 24,000 contestants.
I wonder if 35 camels is the ideal sized caravan?
But how do you tell a "pretty" camel from an ugly one?

Quote:

But the judges in Abu Dhabi view camels with different eyes, scrutinizing them from nose to tail and back again, evaluating each according to strict criteria. Her ears must be firm. Her back high, her hump large and symmetrical. A rump that's not too big, with just enough room for a saddle. The hair, of course, must shine. A good head is massive. Her nose should have a strong arch in the bridge, sloping toward a bottom lip that hangs down like a bauble. A long neck appeals. As do long legs. And the judges examine the two toes of the feet, looking for what their guidelines call "toe-parting length."

Because so many beauty pageants, in the end, do come down to cleavage.
This is serious business, more for the prestige, bragging rights, than the prizes, which are "luxury sport-utility vehicles—more than 140 Range Rovers, Nissans, Toyotas, all prizes for various winners".

link

casimendocina 07-31-2009 12:32 AM

She is beautiful....almost as beautiful as the chocolate brown llama with long eyelashes and the oatmeal radar I met nearly a decade ago in Perth.

avail9988 07-31-2009 02:43 AM

Funny, Wouldnt think they had so much water too splash around.

casimendocina 07-31-2009 02:48 AM

It's all about priorities.

xoxoxoBruce 07-31-2009 02:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by avail9988 (Post 585283)
Funny, Wouldnt think they had so much water too splash around.

One of the finalists paid a million bucks for a camel, the other paid two million for three. They can afford to have water flown in from anywhere.

Welcome to the Cellar, avail9988.:D

capnhowdy 07-31-2009 06:32 AM

What a difficult decision. They are all so absolutely stunning. Kinda like choosing your cleanest dirty shirt.

"Wow! Just look at the hump on that contestant. Back to you, Bob."

spudcon 07-31-2009 07:35 AM

That first one has a big hairy mole on her hump. I once knew a girl who... uh, never mind.

Sheldonrs 07-31-2009 08:36 AM

I wonder how many of them have had hump jobs.

dacliff 07-31-2009 09:02 AM

Kinda like a Turducken:

<a href="http://www.recipezaar.com/Whole-Stuffed-Camel-67495">Whole Stuffed Camel</a>

birdclaw 07-31-2009 09:10 AM

Didn't someone make a song about this? "My lovely lady humps"?:headshake

newtimer 07-31-2009 10:17 AM

"...Her back high...rump that's not too big...The hair, of course, must shine...good head is massive. Her nose should have a strong arch in the bridge, sloping toward a bottom lip...A long neck appeals. As do long legs. And the judges examine the two toes of the feet..."

Before we judge their culture too harshly, keep in mind those are the same criteria used to judge the Miss Universe pageants. All the way from the shiny hair to the camel toe.

Sheldonrs 07-31-2009 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by newtimer (Post 585323)
"...Her back high...rump that's not too big...The hair, of course, must shine...good head is massive. Her nose should have a strong arch in the bridge, sloping toward a bottom lip...A long neck appeals. As do long legs. And the judges examine the two toes of the feet..."

Before we judge their culture too harshly, keep in mind those are the same criteria used to judge the Miss Universe pageants. All the way from the shiny hair to the camel toe.

:D I think I just threw up a little in my mouth.

dmg1969 07-31-2009 11:30 AM

I like big humps and I can not lie.
All you other sheiks can't deny
When a ungulate walks in with an itty-bitty neck
And a bumpy thing in your face
You get sprung!

Knight f3 07-31-2009 01:37 PM

That's what the miss universe pageant needs!

When the contestants come out wearing their bikinis, we need a guy to come out and hose them down.
:p

Gravdigr 07-31-2009 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by newtimer (Post 585323)
All the way from the shiny hair to the camel toe.

Yep, I was waiting for the camel toe I was...

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmg1969 (Post 585337)
I like big humps and I can not lie.
All you other sheiks can't deny
When a ungulate walks in with an itty-bitty neck
And a bumpy thing in your face
You get sprung!

THAT was inspired (and inspiring)!!
I wonder who does that rap, 'Sir Spits A Lot'?