The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Home Base (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Anyone a jazz nut? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=22555)

BrianR 04-19-2010 11:58 AM

Anyone a jazz nut?

I have a stack of old jazz records here. I don't know what to do with them.

I am willing to sell them for a small amount plus shipping or will trade them for a CD copy.

Anyone interested? First crack here before I sell them off on Craigs List.

squirell nutkin 04-19-2010 12:06 PM

Gonna have to say no. I wanna say yes, but I have to say no.
Must say NO
have to say it
have to
must
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh

DanaC 04-19-2010 01:39 PM

I don't have a record player, and I have a pretty extensive collection of Jazz cds, so i wouldn't take 'em.

But in answer to your question, yeah, I am a bit of a jazz nut. It hits me every so often and i go on a jazzathon :p Then I wander off to listen to my film scores again, until the next time the jazz bug hits.

BrianR 04-19-2010 08:55 PM

I have HUNDREDS of jazz CDs, I am in the process of ripping them all to mp3 so I can get rid of all those CDs. One hard drive takes up MUCH less space!

But there are also a bunch of records mixed in with them, a consequence of my wife working as a DJ. If no one wants them, they have to go!

Nirvana 04-19-2010 09:05 PM

Peel me a grape
crush me some ice
cut me a peach
save the fuzz for my pillow. . .

monster 04-19-2010 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanaC (Post 650057)
I don't have a record player, and I have a pretty extensive collection of Jazz cds, so i wouldn't take 'em.

But in answer to your question, yeah, I am a bit of a jazz nut. It hits me every so often and i go on a jazzathon :p Then I wander off to listen to my film scores again, until the next time the jazz bug hits.

They wouldn't work anyway -records turn the other way here. Of course, if it's jazz, you probably won't be able to tell the difference......

*snort* sorry, the idea amused me, of course they don't turn the other way (do they?) -they just have the middles missing.

DanaC 04-20-2010 12:50 AM

Hang on ...what? seriously?

JuancoRocks 04-20-2010 01:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monster (Post 650150)
They wouldn't work anyway -records turn the other way here. Of course, if it's jazz, you probably won't be able to tell the difference......

*snort* sorry, the idea amused me, of course they don't turn the other way (do they?) -they just have the middles missing.

Two out of the park on that one.......(maybe three? If you read between the lines) Double snort:D

DanaC 04-20-2010 01:50 AM

rofl!

I didn't see the white text :P

They have the middle bits missing? Those old records of Dad's that we had to stuff with tissue in the middle to stop them floating about must have been American records then :P

ZenGum 04-20-2010 03:13 AM

Bwahaha, nice one Monnie.

Down here, our records are normal, but we have to redesign all glass jars with screw top lids to have left hand threads, otherwise they unscrew overnight because of the rotation of the Earth.

Scriveyn 04-20-2010 06:07 AM

Vey much so - but shipping to Europe isn't worth it (unless there a some rarities in there)
Jazz is a wide field. If you want to sell them (here or anywhere) you'd better specify what you have. Name some names or styles.
Dixie, swing, bebop, blues, cool, free/experimental to name just a few.

Spexxvet 04-20-2010 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrianR (Post 650147)
I have HUNDREDS of jazz CDs, I am in the process of ripping them all to mp3 so I can get rid of all those CDs. One hard drive takes up MUCH less space!

But there are also a bunch of records mixed in with them, a consequence of my wife working as a DJ. If no one wants them, they have to go!

Legally, you could get into trouble. If you don't have the cd, the authorities might think you illegally downloaded the music. As I understand it, as long as you have, in your custody, the original source (or license), you can have the music in any and multiple electronic froms.

TheMercenary 04-20-2010 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrianR (Post 650031)
I have a stack of old jazz records here. I don't know what to do with them.

I am willing to sell them for a small amount plus shipping or will trade them for a CD copy.

Anyone interested? First crack here before I sell them off on Craigs List.

Drop me a pm. How much do you want for them and how many do you have?

BrianR 04-21-2010 02:16 PM

I will have to go through all those boxes to find the answer to that question, Merc.

They are buried under a six-foot high pile of rubble in the garage, making getting them out slow going. I count 33 in the first box, a mix of classical, jazz and two Christmas albums. More to be revealed!

toranokaze 04-25-2010 04:06 AM

If only I had some real money...do you take IOUs my personal credit is great.