The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Good Bye, and Good Luck (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=11195)

fargon 07-08-2006 11:49 AM

Good Bye, and Good Luck

I am selling my computer, and high value stuff today. The VA has screwed me over again and I can no longer pay my bills. I have until Monday to come up with about $1,500.00 or all my utilities will be shut off, and I will be evicted.

All the years that I have been suffering with this disease, and related conditions has used me up I am gonna make sure Keryx has enough money to keep going and can find a man worthy of her.

I am going to do what all disabled vets do push a shopping cart, and get drunk and if I am lucky I can die and leave the world better off.

LOVE and THANKS terry

limey 07-08-2006 12:22 PM

This seems a drastic course of action, Fargon! Good luck. Don't public libraries have free internet access so you can check in once in a while? I wish you all the very best ...

Trilby 07-08-2006 01:10 PM

Don't do something rash, fargon, even though you feel like punting everything right now. PLEASE don't go get drunk---it'll only make you feel like shit in a few hours. Isn't there a church or emergency organization you can turn to?

xoxoxoBruce 07-08-2006 02:15 PM

Well it seems compasionate conservatism, isn't. :mad:

Ibby 07-08-2006 03:49 PM

Sounds like YOU'RE the one that needs the luck, not us, fargon. All the best to ye.

Clodfobble 07-08-2006 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fargon
...I am gonna make sure Keryx has enough money to keep going and can find a man worthy of her.

Just remember, she already thinks you're plenty worthy. Hope things get better for you, fargon.

capnhowdy 07-09-2006 11:44 AM

Not to be harsh fargon, but giving up/quitting is not what us Vets were trained to do. Hang in there. It will all work out. Good Luck.

BigV 07-10-2006 12:03 AM

fargon--sell if you must. Sell what you must. It is just stuff after all. But don't quit. Don't give up on keryx, and most of all don't give up on your self. A break is ok, but not permanently. It'll be ok. I don't know how or when, but I've never been disappointed yet.

erno365 07-10-2006 03:53 AM

Good luck on that and on your new computer.

Griff 07-10-2006 05:45 AM

Hang in there man. Please don't do anything to hurt yourself.

richlevy 07-10-2006 07:14 AM

Don't give up, fargon. Do whatever you can to find the resources you need. At the least, contact your Congressman's office. The local offices of state and US Congress members have staff who are very experienced at dealing with red tape from various agencies. If your Congressman sits on certain funding committees, it is even more likely that the VA would listen to him.

marichiko 07-10-2006 10:51 AM

Fargon, I hope you are still reading this. There are agencies which will help you with your utilities. Charities will often pay a month's rent for a person in emergency situations suh as yours. I assume you are drawing VA benefits. Have they tried to stop your payments? You can fight them on this, just like Rich says. I went through hell fighting the VA for my Dad, but we won. Also, you may qualify for SSDI. Please don't give up and get drunk. I volunteer as an advocate for the disabled. If you want, please PM me with more specific details of your situation and I may be able to give you more concrete suggestions. Good luck, soldier!

WabUfvot5 07-10-2006 02:40 PM

Protecting the soldiers my ass.

rkzenrage 07-10-2006 02:47 PM

I have an old IMB notebook that I can't get to work. Crashed on me some time ago. Anyone out there service computers for a living.
If you can get it to work I'll give it to him.
Just gotta' find it.

capnhowdy 07-10-2006 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jebediah
Protecting the soldiers my ass.

WTF you talkin about, Jeb?