The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Arts & Entertainment (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   funny youtube clips (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=17033)

DanaC 04-14-2012 05:01 PM

Yeah, it started last night. Probably be a week or so til it finds its way onto the tube.

DanaC 04-15-2012 04:23 AM

My mistake...damn he's fast!

In Brit Telly thread:

http://cellar.org/showpost.php?p=806537&postcount=101

DanaC 04-18-2012 05:29 AM

The marvellous Henning Wehn:

infinite monkey 04-18-2012 08:23 AM

This won't mean much to anyone else I guess but I think it's clever because, well, that's exactly what we sound like. Plus, I'm hoping to make it go viral. ;)

UncaDollas 04-22-2012 01:19 AM

Gravdigr 04-27-2012 03:06 PM

:crazy:

He's a 'Truther'.

zippyt 04-28-2012 09:31 PM

zippyt 04-28-2012 09:59 PM

Prolly all ready been posted , but this Rocks !!!

be-bop 04-30-2012 04:35 PM

cant get the link to work

be-bop 04-30-2012 04:40 PM

DanaC 04-30-2012 04:53 PM

I like that. Made me laugh. Shame the sound's a bit tricksy.

infinite monkey 05-01-2012 08:39 AM

Golden retrievers...what dogs! Guards and rides.

My nephew dog likes to put his paws up like that. Usually without even resting his hands on anything. He just sits there. :lol:

zippyt 05-05-2012 10:05 PM

Sundae 05-06-2012 05:33 AM

The Proclaimers new video.
Directed by and featuring Matt Lucas.

I'm going to put this in a couple of threads because I like the song and the video is a piece of work on its own, rather than being a bit of miming with some bikini-clad girls in the background.

DanaC 05-06-2012 06:26 AM

That was excellent!

Now for some BGT...I fucking love BGT. Used to get quite sniffy about it, but now I am a total addict and this is why:

infinite monkey 05-09-2012 10:53 AM

2 year old dancer. Not the typical fare of draggy nasty diapers and food all over their face and snot running everywhere and dirt covering them like you typically see, no screaming and wailing like you usually hear in these types of 'cute' videos.

Cute kid in a cute outfit who can actually dance (for a two year old!)

Sundae 05-09-2012 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by infinite monkey (Post 810746)
Not the typical fare of food all over their face and snot running everywhere and dirt covering them like you typically see, no screaming and wailing

[the above was snipped]
Trust me, the above applies to 5-7 year olds too. And they can't all dance either.

Although please, please, please - he doesn't have an older sister in pageants does he?

Gravdigr 05-09-2012 03:35 PM

He knows the words, too.

monster 05-13-2012 05:56 PM

(Walking frames are called Zimmer frames in the UK)

BigV 05-14-2012 01:56 PM

This is a woman who has a vagina *and* tricks [/wendy cummings]

DanaC 05-15-2012 06:53 AM

Beest 05-17-2012 06:07 PM

good music may be relative,

but red codpieces are funny everytime.

Sundae 05-18-2012 02:13 PM

Ah, but it was funnier in Shaun of the Dead ;)

ETA to include the clip.
Because I thought it might not be obvious that I was joking. Given it's not really funny.
White Lines is Grandmaster Flash, not Cameo, they are just of a similar vintage.

Always good to have a SotD clip though.

BigV 05-21-2012 12:35 PM

John Pinette, says "Nay, nay", but I say Yeah Yeah!

Undertoad 06-04-2012 12:56 PM

New Garfunkle and Oates!

BigV 06-06-2012 11:51 AM

I love you man!

DanaC 06-06-2012 05:13 PM

That John Pinette standup was hilarious.

Salad isn't food. Salad comes with food. lol

Gravdigr 06-06-2012 05:18 PM

It really was.

Quote:

They gave me tequila. I don't drink tequila. Tequila makes me ski.

DanaC 06-08-2012 06:58 AM

BigV 06-08-2012 10:04 PM

He was pretty funny DanaC, but this fellow is very funny.

I had to watch it a number of times to make out his words, and I laughed every time.

DanaC 06-09-2012 04:59 AM

Yeah...he's hysterical. I can imagine the strong Wiltshire accent might give pause :p

BigV 06-13-2012 12:16 PM

Haters gonna hate...

thank god.

monster 06-13-2012 09:57 PM

Pink Mohawk/mohican guy. Easy to understand (hurrah, I must still have some Brit). But funny? I so wanted to laugh but I kept waiting for the punchline......

monster 06-13-2012 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanaC (Post 814363)

"I drink the way Americans eat"

love it.

BigV 06-14-2012 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigV (Post 815115)
Haters gonna hate...

thank god.

Quote:

Thank You Hater!

Well hello Friend.
Mr. Insightful.
Thank you for your comments on my little YouTube clip.

Most people say
you're cruel and spiteful.
But you're right; how do I sleep at night? I am a massive prig.

They call you hater,
well, they're just jealous.
Your constructive pearls of wisdom give me thrills I can't deny.

How will we know
if you don't tell us?
We could improve our YouTube channel by fucking off and dying.

Some might say you're a...
Sexually aggressive, racist homophobe,
misogynistic, cowardly, illiterate
waste of human skin.

waste of human skin.

But I say Thank You,
Beautiful Stranger.

I love the way
you don't have bloatings.
You know we'd be too dazzled by your cinematic vision.

But you're there,
on every comment string
where you teach us just like Jesus but while wanking like a gibbon.

I'm really sure
that if I met you,
you probably wouldn't rape me like you probably thought you would.

We are like that.
I really get you.
You're right about that laughing kid, he is a total "cnut".

Here are some other people you've given your brilliant insights to.

Hiya! You said because I only play black characters I'm being "racist toward black people." So, thanks for that!

You said, "dawn porter u make me ashamed too be a woman." Thanks!

You said, "his mother must be so prowd she can have a bottle or 2 shuved up her for bringing such a TWAT into the world." WOW!

You said I was a "steeming pile of shit" Thank you!

You said I'm "NOT funny and u never will be" !!!

(silent text only)
"i'm going to find you misery bear, and i'm going to kill you." --

You said "does helen lederer remind u of miss piggy?" Oohooh, thank you.

You said "get a grip u spastaztic mong. u realy are a TWAT have a word with urself." Thanks!

You said "this cunt should be raped in the eyes" I can't wait!

You said "u black basterd ur films are shit and if i ever see u on the street i'm gonna cave ur head in" Thanks man, I look forward to that.

Hi! Me again.

You wished me "cancar",
and misspelled cancer.
But I know that it's a metaphor you hoped that I would grow.

Just like the tumor
you hoped would kill me,
inside the tits on which you said you'd also like a go.

You said that "girls
shouldnt do funny."
But you'd fuck me double hard and let your mates go after you.

Oh, what a line.
You lovely honey.
Are you ahny harmony? Oh join the queue.

Some might say you're a...
waste of human skin.

waste of human skin.

But if it wasn't for you,
my darling,
I would never have written this tune.

Some might say
you're so vain,
but this song is all about you.

DanaC 06-14-2012 11:05 AM

Last episode of current series of HIGNfY, with Victoria Coren as one of the guests.

BigV 06-14-2012 12:15 PM

"They must have been high-fiving each other in that meeting."

lol!

infinite monkey 06-15-2012 11:51 AM

Bwaaahahahahaaaaaaaa! Dodo dodee oh...

BigV 06-18-2012 07:46 PM

nice one im. Here's the whole enchilada:

BigV 06-18-2012 08:02 PM

A repeat I'm sure, but worth repeating:

Gravdigr 06-20-2012 04:49 PM

In the name of all that is WTF, watch this. Pleasethankyou.

classicman 06-20-2012 11:29 PM

DanaC 06-22-2012 07:36 AM

Daily Show's been on good form lately. I like the way it cuts through the noise.

There are a few issues that I only know about because of the Daily Show :p

This is one.

Undertoad 06-22-2012 09:03 AM

Quote:

There are a few issues that I only know about because of the Daily Show :p
That's only because you don't read Merc's threads, in which Fair&Balanced Redux acted as the "Obama apologist" ala the TDS bit.

Partisanship: it makes smart people less informed!

DanaC 06-22-2012 09:06 AM

In fairness, I don't read very many politics and current affairs threads. I occasionally dip in, but that's all. And that cuts across the board. Specific issues interest me, or specific thread titles draw me in, but I am as likely to ignore a thread from someone like Lamplighter as I am from someone like Merc, unless it relates to an area of particular interest to me. I am also just as likely to read a Merc thread as I am a Lamplighter thread on the same grounds.

Some of the longer running theads (Obamanation for example) I dip in and out of but don' read all of the back and forth.

But ya know. You've got a great stereotype there, so I'd just run with it.

[eta] Having followed your link, I now recall why I didn't read it. I assumed by the title that it was to do with the Fast and Furious movie series. Had it been entitled 'US sells arms to Mexican Drug Dealers in a botched operation and then one of the guns is used to shoot a US Border Agent, and now Obama is using his Executive Privelege for the first time to crush any investigation into the affair' I'd have clicked....but it's a tad unwieldy as titles go :p

infinite monkey 06-22-2012 09:12 AM

Jon mentioned my hometown this week. Biff had stopped for a burger.

No one in my hometown seems to have noticed. Of course, it is a conservative utopia.

DanaC 06-22-2012 09:12 AM

Is that the bit where people shouted at him to go home?

infinite monkey 06-22-2012 09:13 AM

Yes!

I'm surprised the guy didn't get shot! The yeller, not Biff.

DanaC 06-22-2012 09:14 AM

I liked the bit with the car alarm :p

Romney you're a racist! Romney you're a racist!

DanaC 06-22-2012 09:19 AM

What I like about the Daily Show is this: most of the news that comes from the US seems divided into two camps, one which is wholly critical of the left and one which is wholly apologetic for it.

Jon Stewart is unashamedly partisan in his views. He is left leaning liberal. But that doesn't stop him from tearing into the left politicians, or the left leaning news.

I don't trust the criticisms that come from Fox News. Too many of them have been shown to be wilful misunderstanding, or outright fabrications. Likewise I don't trust the analysis of the left leaning news. They seem to take it as their role to balance out the right leaning news, and so are reluctant to stick the boot in when Obama does something shitty.

BigV 06-22-2012 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanaC (Post 816296)
What I like about the Daily Show is this: most of the news that comes from the US seems divided into two camps, one which is wholly critical of the left and one which is wholly apologetic for it.

Jon Stewart is unashamedly partisan in his views. He is left leaning liberal. But that doesn't stop him from tearing into the left politicians, or the left leaning news.

I don't trust the criticisms that come from Fox News. Too many of them have been shown to be wilful misunderstanding, or outright fabrications. Likewise I don't trust the analysis of the left leaning news. They seem to take it as their role to balance out the right leaning news, and so are reluctant to stick the boot in when Obama does something shitty.

Dan, this is a very astute observation on your part. I find it helpful to also keep in mind the motivations, especially the financial motivations, (as much as I can understand them) of the sources of such criticisms, reporting, analyses, etc.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deep Throat
Follow the money.

This is timeless and universally sound advice regarding all things political.

DanaC 06-22-2012 07:05 PM

Speaking of following the money...

Youse guys over there probably aren't aware of the great big legal tax avoidance scandal that erupted this week and ended up centring around none other than our loveable scamp of an entertainer, Jimmy Carr.

In a nutshell: investigative journalism blows open the existence of several high value tax avoidance schemes, in which people end up paying around 1% tax on massive incomes. All completely legal, and very shady. Of several figures named initially, Jimmy Carr's was the headline news.

His initial response to a heckler who surprised him about it at a gig was that he pays what he has to and not a penny more. Not an unreasonable stance given that this is the basis on which the British tax system in fact works.

Next thing is a bunch of politicians decide to weigh in on the issue, and the Prime Minister ends up on TV lambasting Carr for being immoral. Not illegal you understand, but immoral. Next day when Gary Barlow (a supporter of the Conservative party) was also named and various folk began suggesting that he be stripped of his newly awarded honour (OBE) the PM declined to be drawn on individual cases.
His suggestion that this all makes Carr a hypocrite because he once made a joke in a political satire show about large banks avoiding tax...is well and good, until you take account of the massive fortune Cameron's own father made managing off shore tax haven schemes:p Some might say this is a rather silly can of worms for the PM to open, given how many of his close allies, friends, party colleagues and relatives are likely to be involved in the same schemes. Watch this space to see where this one goes.

Anyway, Carr having thought about it (and his future career no doubt) decided to take it on the chin. he apologised. Explained without justifying (his financial advisor asked him if he wanted to pay less tax he knew a way that was completely legal, did he want to do it?) and described his decision to do so as a 'terrible error of judgement' pulled out of the (entirely legal) scheme and promised to conduct his financial affairs more responsibly in future.

So....why am I talking about this in the funny vids thread? Because this week's 8 Out of 10 Cats, hosted by Carr was fucking hysterical. His colleagues on the show obviously made the most of it. Carr handled it well. This is no half-baked mea culpa that throws the emphasis of the blame elsewhere. He has been dishing it out for years. It's nice to know he can take it too.

Hope this plays outside UK. I daresay a non ch4 one will upload soon.

DanaC 06-23-2012 07:21 AM

Here's the first segment of pisstaking for those who dont want to watch the whole show:)

Gravdigr 06-23-2012 02:32 PM

:lol2:

BigV 06-25-2012 10:15 AM

Does not play in my country, :(

However, I *did* hear this story and I applaud his decision to do what I consider the right thing. As a side note, that it is *legal* to do what he did, presumably for everyone, rich and poor, but that only rich people have enough money to do that, tells me that the LAWS are broken. The laws that permit such behavior. We have laws like that here, and they're broken here too. Being able to take part in a society without paying for what it takes to run such a society is wrong; Mr Carr is doing the right thing.

Clodfobble 06-25-2012 11:04 AM

The second video (post #593) should play, BigV, that's the one I watched.

DanaC 06-25-2012 12:33 PM

Here ya go V: the complete episode is now up in watchable form:

DanaC 06-25-2012 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigV (Post 816834)
Does not play in my country, :(

However, I *did* hear this story and I applaud his decision to do what I consider the right thing. As a side note, that it is *legal* to do what he did, presumably for everyone, rich and poor, but that only rich people have enough money to do that, tells me that the LAWS are broken. The laws that permit such behavior. We have laws like that here, and they're broken here too. Being able to take part in a society without paying for what it takes to run such a society is wrong; Mr Carr is doing the right thing.

What I like is that, he could quite reasonably have put all the blame on his accountant's advice. he could quite easily have defended himself on the grounds that others are doing the same thing and yet he has been picked on for naming and shaming (like the MPs all did when they got caught with their noses so deep in the trough it'd be months before they saw sunlight again).

Instead he went the other way. His accountant didn't advise him to do this, rather he offered it as a way of legally minimizing tax and Jimmy took it. A decision he characterises as a 'really poor judgement call'.

I've seen other stars go through similar. Often comedians funnily enough. People who get caught out on tax evasion and then have to ride out the storm, or people like Angus Deayton getting caught with coke and prossies. There's usually a mix of contrition and poor me about the response.

I dont think I've ever seen anyone do such a good job of damage limitation in a situation like this. It's a fucking master class in how to do it.

He has now come out fighting a bit with regards to Cameron sticking his oar in. I think the public response has made it clear that it is perceived as unfair and a pot calling the kettle black. Worse because Carr has no part in setting the tax rules and has never held himself up to be moral or even particularly political. If it'd have been Brigstocke this would be a very different affair.

So, yeah. he had a bit of a pop at Cameron during his Stockport gig this week, whilst still absolutely not shifting the blame anywhere but himself. Clever.

Sundae 06-26-2012 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanaC (Post 816863)
So, yeah. he had a bit of a pop at Cameron during his Stockport gig this week, whilst still absolutely not shifting the blame anywhere but himself. Clever.

Cambridge educated son of a self-made millionaire?
Yes, he's clever.

(that's not a dig, I admire him too)

classicman 06-26-2012 11:43 AM

O. M. G.