The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Arts & Entertainment (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Fan videos and fan-made trailers (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=31933)

DanaC 05-05-2016 07:27 AM

Fan videos and fan-made trailers

I thought I'd already started a thread for these, but I must have imagined it :P

When I am into a show, I really like watching good fan videos and trailers-I stess 'good' because a huge chunk of them are badly made nonsense. When they're well-made though, they can really add to the feeling of immersive atmosphere for those shows that get under your skin.

I'm not so much into the shipping videos - but I love a well-made season trailer or music video. Especially if they use the music from the show, or choose good alternatives.

So - here are some of the vids I've been watching lately. needless to say most of these need to go full screen for the full effect - especially the Daredevil ones, as a lot of the scenes are in shadow and need a full screen to be seen properly.

First up, a really cool fan trailer for Daredevil. Minor spoiler warning for season 1:

Another Daredevil fan vid that I really like! - Major spoiler warning for season 1

Next up a fan-made music video for Lucifer. Difficult to find good Lucifer vids that aren't just romantic shipping vids, but this one I thought was well made and caught the spirit of the show. Minor spoiler warning for season 1

DanaC 01-23-2017 03:46 PM

This is so well put together! Worth watching in full screen.

Please to not play at work or in front of young children - also massive spoilers for
season 2

DanaC 04-18-2017 01:39 PM

This is really well made! They've put it together wonderfully - the choice of music is spot on, and the sound editing is successful (it's usually the thing that kills the lesser quality fanvids, for me - clumsy cuts between music and dialogue - this one though is sweet).

It also (I think - difficult to know for sure since I am so familiar with the source material) tells a story well.

Big fuck-off spoilers for the last season of Dr Who - if you're late to the party but still intend to go.

Worth going full-screen for the full effect.

Happy Monkey 04-18-2017 10:10 PM

Good editing, especially the triple-Clara-leaving bit. I wonder if that duplication was pure accident in the show.

Happy Monkey 04-18-2017 10:19 PM

Here's one of the first fan videos I saw. Made in '92; I saw it some time in the late '90s.

Hence the quality.

Someone remastered it in 2015, and added a bit. Clearer picture, but I prefer the original, due to nostalgia.

sexobon 04-18-2017 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanaC (Post 959201)
I thought I'd already started a thread for these, but I must have imagined it :P ...

Perhaps you were thinking of another thread where one had been posted like this Dr. Who-Rose video. I wasn't sure if that one had already been posted here or not; so, I did.

Dr. Who-Clara is very well done.