The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Home Base (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   GTG Idea (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=4079)

Dagney 10-06-2003 03:37 PM

GTG Idea

I ran across this today, looking for sites for an intimate, yet memorable dinner for 4 or 5 in November....

Thought maybe if there would be enough interest, we could have our own feast GTG....you know, the Cellar in the Catacombs (a fancy word for Cellar)

Bube's Brewery

Dags

I think they're having some issues with the site, it DOES work, I was there earlier today.

xoxoxoBruce 10-06-2003 05:49 PM

Yeah, we could get all drunk and rowdy, then camp at Dagney's.:D

hot_pastrami 10-06-2003 06:13 PM

Sometimes living in the Western US is a drag. Especially when so much worthwhile stuff is happening hundreds of miles to the east.

OnyxCougar 10-06-2003 06:36 PM

I get Saturdays off starting in a couple weeks. Anywhere is fine, please make it no further north than PA, I'm coming from NC. Crash space appreciated. Will bring own whatever, and will add something potluck style if we choose to do this at someone's house.

I get a sense of "upscale" at the website link, and with Dagney's reference to "intimate". Somehow I think "Intimate and upscale" + cellarites en masse = police and gunfire.

Dagney 10-06-2003 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by xoxoxoBruce
Yeah, we could get all drunk and rowdy, then camp at Dagney's.:D
Ummmm actually, after this weekend, that may not be a good idea. I'm in the midst of a move home to take care of my mom who's going to be starting chemo in a few weeks.

But then again, she may become quite the party animal. I had to inherit it from SOMEWHERE.

xoxoxoBruce 10-07-2003 04:21 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Dagney

Ummmm actually, after this weekend, that may not be a good idea. I'm in the midst of a move home to take care of my mom who's going to be starting chemo in a few weeks.

But then again, she may become quite the party animal. I had to inherit it from SOMEWHERE.

Yeah, I was thinking you both could use a distraction. Nothing's more distracting than us.:D

daniwong 10-07-2003 01:56 PM

I want a GTG on the West Coast. WAHHH.

Ok - done whining now.

OnyxCougar 10-07-2003 02:03 PM

So host one. There are lots of folks from the cellar in the western part of the country. Offer your place and see who can show up when. No time like the present, and no reason not to volunteer. Unless you live with your folks or something. That might create a problem.

And on a related note, I'm offering up my apartment for crash space if all y'all easties wanna drive to NC. I just think it's easier to have it in PA, since that is where the majority of y'all live.

I'm sitting here giggling my ass off, bringing to mind a picture of my second (completely empty) bedroom, with a bunch of sleeping bags and pillows laid out all neat like in a row, waiting for revelers to collapse into them.... Just thought I'd share.

lisa 10-07-2003 03:03 PM

Re: GTG Idea

Quote:

Originally posted by Dagney
We could have our own feast GTG....you know, the Cellar in the Catacombs (a fancy word for Cellar)
Been there twice. Once for the midevil feast and once for the pirate feast. Both were cool.

daniwong 10-07-2003 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by OnyxCougar
So host one. There are lots of folks from the cellar in the western part of the country. Offer your place and see who can show up when. No time like the present, and no reason not to volunteer. Unless you live with your folks or something. That might create a problem.

And on a related note, I'm offering up my apartment for crash space if all y'all easties wanna drive to NC. I just think it's easier to have it in PA, since that is where the majority of y'all live.

I'm sitting here giggling my ass off, bringing to mind a picture of my second (completely empty) bedroom, with a bunch of sleeping bags and pillows laid out all neat like in a row, waiting for revelers to collapse into them.... Just thought I'd share.

I would - but with my BF and 3 kiddies - makes my 2 bedroom apartment a tad tiny. But we definitly should organize a west coast GTG! I don't know when - but I know we have excellent beer up here. In fact - in 20 minutes - thats where I'm going. BEER>