The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Politics (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   The best thing about Arnold's victory (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=4090)

vsp 10-08-2003 08:18 AM

The best thing about Arnold's victory

Endless <a href="http://www.latimes.com/news/columnists/la-columnist-slopez,1,5531875.columnist">Steve Lopez</a> column fodder.

If Steve thought that the Boom-Boom Sisters were commentary gold...

SteveDallas 10-08-2003 09:07 AM

Boom-Boom Sisters? I'm afraid to ask.

Radar 10-08-2003 11:36 AM

My biggest disappointments with the election are that Ned Roscoe was beaten by Gary Coleman and Angelyne. Come on people!

Also I was very disappointed with the outcome of the Prop 54 election. Anyone who is interested in actual equality among the races would have voted to pass this. The fact that the minorities voted against this means they don't want equality, they want handouts.

Beestie 10-08-2003 12:49 PM

I'm not registered to read the LA Times and had to settle for second had accounts of their Hitler lovin', woman gropin', please for the love of GOD don't vote for the recall and especially not for Arnold" eve-of-the-election "hey-we-just-found-out-about-it" Blitzkrieg (pun intended).

I reckon they must be choking on their own spleens over there. Think I'll settle for a second hand account of that, too. :D

Undertoad 10-08-2003 12:53 PM

Use username "laexaminer", password "laexaminer".

dave 10-08-2003 01:06 PM

The best thing about Arnold's victory is that now Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhnold is the governor of California.

I'm not going to judge him before he does his job, and I don't think anyone else should either. Say what you will about the man, but he's shown over the pasty twenty five years that he's got the drive to get things done (be it another movie or an 800lb bench press). Who knows how it will turn out?

Politics really are a funny thing with people. Does no one even attempt to look at them rationally anymore?

juju 10-08-2003 01:30 PM

Wait and see what happens? What are you, nuts? I want to judge him now!

russotto 10-08-2003 01:34 PM

First act

Arnold was interviewed by the LA Times about his victory. When asked what his first acts in office would be, he replied "I am fuust going to grab the aaass of every female on my staff. Den I am going to hang my picture of Hitler over the Governmor's desk"

Undertoad 10-08-2003 01:48 PM

The best was The Daily Show's Stephen Colbert, reporting that it had been learned that Schwarzenegger had groped Hitler.

vsp 10-08-2003 02:17 PM

(spit take)

If I ever break down and get a TiVo, it will be to record the Daily Show. It's one of those shows that I _should_ be watching voraciously, but don't because I'm usually doing other things when it's on.

dave 10-08-2003 02:45 PM

The Daily Show is pretty easily the best thing on TV these days, though Spike TV's The Joe Schmo Show and Comedy Central's Tough Crowd (on right after The Daily Show) are pretty spectacular as well.

wolf 10-08-2003 06:43 PM

The best thing about the victory ...

was that I had an excuse to wear my "Terminator Governor" tee shirt to work today. :)

(yah, the one from newsmax.com -- the back says "Hasta la Vista, Davis." The nuts liked it.)

JeepNGeorge 10-08-2003 08:47 PM

What scares me is that people are so disillusioned about politics that we can elect a nazi groping bad actor and a ex fake wrassler to hold the highest elected position in state gubment. Is it just me or are politics reverting to a class officer type popularity election contest?

I know we've always had ex-football stars actors turned politicians, but to have one who showed little or no interest in politics to be elected to a position of stature is a little frightening. I wonder if the rock is going to run for prez?

dave 10-08-2003 08:56 PM

You're a fucking retard.

juju 10-08-2003 09:04 PM

I may be wrong, but I think Swartzenegger has had a big interest in politics for quite some time.