The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Quality Images and Videos (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   a photoblog of what i did today..... (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=24275)

Clodfobble 02-12-2011 03:36 PM

I'm sure this is a dumb question... but are you certain that's old termite damage? I hope you are treating the ground around the house with termite poison just to be safe, otherwise all your new work could get eaten away again in short order.

plthijinx 02-14-2011 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clodfobble (Post 711168)
I'm sure this is a dumb question... but are you certain that's old termite damage? I hope you are treating the ground around the house with termite poison just to be safe, otherwise all your new work could get eaten away again in short order.

just got through doing just that. yesterday one of bobby's friends showed up at work. he's an exterminator. gave me some heavy duty shit to spray. i soaked the bathroom especially the hole in the concrete for the shower drain.

plthijinx 02-14-2011 09:17 PM

4 Attachment(s)
ok. we are finished for the night. you can see in one pic the termite treatment sprayed vvvvery generously around the hole in the house slab for shower drainage. this weekend while i was trying to not get mauled by go kart kids paul put in the shower wall framing. then the framing on the wall behind the commode/vanity wall. the pipes made him do the jigsaw puzzle 2x4s then tonight i re re-wired the ceiling circuits to facilitate our needs. paul did decide to go with a wall mount light like i had hoped he would.

plthijinx 02-14-2011 09:18 PM

3 Attachment(s)

glatt 02-15-2011 10:38 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Looking good.

Question: Those cut up vertical pieces seem to be supported only by the connection to the existing drywall and a little cantilevered action from that stud to the side. I don't really get it. Are they just something to hold the drywall/hardi screws for the new wall? Or are they supported by something solid that I can't see?

footfootfoot 02-15-2011 10:55 AM

ahhh. I got to go take a nap right now...

plthijinx 02-15-2011 01:22 PM

yyyyeah. i don;t agree with this part of the installation. he needs to notch 2x4s (my apostrophe key doesn;work sometimes and i;m tired of pounding the shit out of it) and put it in there. i asked him about this and i got a mumble answer. errr one i cant remember right now. doesnt make sense to me either. not a load bearer so whatev......

glatt 02-15-2011 02:35 PM

Yeah, I'm sure it's fine. Not the way I'd do it, but the house isn't going to fall down or anything.

plthijinx 02-15-2011 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glatt (Post 711568)
Yeah, I'm sure it's fine. Not the way I'd do it, but the house isn't going to fall down or anything.

actually it is a load wall now that i looked at it again but one stud isn;t going to make that much of a difference. but like you said glatt, the house isn;t going to fall down.

plthijinx 02-15-2011 04:50 PM

4 Attachment(s)
ok time to do some electrical work. remember to always make sure the circuit is off then verify using a voltage tester. most know this but the black wire is your HOT wire and the white one is the neutral. the bare wire is the ground wire, or sometimes it;s green. oh, and when you do test the circuit you should have somewhere in the neighborhood of 120 volts. on this circuit i have 121 but that;s alright.

after striping back the insulation on the wires you then twist them together. black to black white to white ground to ground then use wire nuts on the hot and neutral. it;s always good practice to then seal up the wire nut with electrical tape.

sorry for the somewhat fuzzy pictures. my crackberry is overdosing today.....

plthijinx 02-15-2011 05:01 PM

4 Attachment(s)
the cut outs for the fart fan and a/c duct were a tad off but will be alright because of the flanges on the vent covers. then in the back there is the shower light. the fart fan is on it;s own circuit because i did not want the fan to suck up steam from the shower since it;s not venting to anywhere but the ceiling. i know i know....i tried to tell him. vent to outside but eh.....anyway.

the garage let alone the house is a disaster area right now. here is the new vanity that we are installing. picked it up on what ladies?? yes, we picked it up....on sale! :D $100 bucks.

plthijinx 02-15-2011 05:01 PM

2 Attachment(s)

plthijinx 02-15-2011 05:33 PM

ugh....back at it. i can hear paul cussing in canadian all the way up here in my bedroom.

zippyt 02-15-2011 06:55 PM

cussing in canadian

Ehh FUCK !!!

plthijinx 02-15-2011 06:59 PM

lmao yep! and the "awww you mother fucker, you piece of shit, get in there, ahhhh fuck all eh"

edit: now i'm saying that too. smashed my thumb with the hammer.